VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The police know a lot more than we do. The only things we know are based on what they have released. They release only the information that helps their efforts...and rightly so.

I agree. And I think, in most cases, LE have calculated reasons for their actions. They likely have some evidence but not enough for the DA to proceed, which is why Longo is hitting all of the morning talk shows. He wants to keep the story on everyone's minds, with the hope that someone will see it, maybe for the first time, and come forward. If they come up with a witness who puts Hannah in the car with him and they get a forensic hit on the car today or tomorrow, they can arrest him while they continue to build a case.

And while I'm on the subject of Longo, I don't have a problem with his impassioned plea at the presser yesterday. All he has to do is pull on the heartstrings of one person with information, who then feels compelled to come forward.

JMO If he abducted her and passed her off to someone, or sort of marked her for abduction by someone else he is in trouble whether he killed her or not. He just seems more like a minion than a lone predator, to me. And he makes unsophisticated moves...........i.e., he is quite familiar with the mall area, so he has to know that he will be seen on surveillance cameras. He drives an orange beater, for crying out loud, then, instead of finding a lawyer on his own, he marches into the police station to announce that he wants to talk to one, then he leaves the county and goes into a residence (family?) and takes off like a bat out of hell in front of law enforcement. What a dope of a criminal, if that is what he is. Maybe, just a dope. JMO

Thanks for clarifying that Foxfire! I was trying to jot everything down during the interview. Does the simple fact that the VSP and FBI are involved mean anything? Like, maybe they DO know more than they are letting on?

<BBM for focus>

In 2006 during an FBI BAU serial killer symposium, requirements for the FBI's involvement in missing/murdered persons investigations were relaxed to allow them to get involved when requested by local LEAs. In most cases local LEAs do not have the necessary resources to effectively conduct a high profile missing/murdered person investigation. Due to the high number of missing/murdered persons(women 12) from the Charlottesville, VA area in the past decade and virtually in the FBI BAU Quantico's back yard. I am confident that the FBI likely has given the Hannah Graham missing person investigation priority. jmo

Imo it is logical to conclude that indicting evidence was located in JM's vehicle when the search of his residence was approved by the judge..

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

JM did talk to police when they were at his apartment and when they seized his car. Which is why he got a lawyer when he went down to the station. An expert, the attorney he spoke with, has almost certainly told him to keep mum. That it's the best thing he could do for himself. Whatever he told them at initial interview was not enough to get him nabbed, but enough to get the police interest up about him. But if anyone did see Hannah after JM's encounter with her, after seeing what happened here, that person just might decide it's not in his best interest to speak up. Clearly there is a lot to lose here. I've heard murmurs in the Lauren Spierer case of people saying that they would not have said squat if they had caught sight of her after she left the last traced place she was, after seeing what happened to those who LE could identify as the last person. There is a delicate balancing act in dealing with these things. I sure as heck hope that Longo has some heavy duty stuff on JM. If JM is clearly not the perp, this is really too much, too soon, and hurt getting other info. All the teddy bears and parents heartaches and pleas are not going to have someone risk getting treated like JM, if that someone was driving a long a deserted road and happened to see someone who fit HG's description walking down the road side, maybe, sort of. If it should turn out to be HG, and you are than the last one to see her, no alibi, no anything, all of this just has caught your attention and jogged your memory, a person might think twice and decide not to get involved at all. So I hope JM is the perp. Otherwise, this is inexcusable to do to someone innocent and exercising his rights under the law. There had better be some good proof.

Well we don't know if he retained this lawyer or not.
and the way this is unfolding Id think if he had retained him this Lawyer would hold some kind of press conf Like the guy in the AHernandez case. My clint says he has nothing to do with this etc etc etc.... Not run away JMO

I find it very heartbreaking that this case is STUCK where it is because this man wont talk?

The way things are today I don't think JM would get crucified or railroaded I actually think today they would do everything by the book with Kid gloves....

Any Lawyer would take this case Pro bono.

so if he has nothing at all to hide why the silence? This part I do not understand.

I don't know if Charlottesville has more than the average number of missing, assaulted, murdered young females, for a city of its population . There have been some cases brought up, but so it seems to be the case anytime this sort of thing happens. Does anyone know if there is reason to believe that there is possibly a serial attacker of females in Charlottesville as indicated by number of such crimes, or if it's typical of such a city, especially with a university right there. There is an uptick in this sort of thing when there is such a high concentration of young people that a university has.

It is frightening that it's a fact of life that a lone person, especially female, can find self in danger; that it's a reality that there are predators out there just looking for someone vulnerable. I always though of Charlottesville as a very nice, relatively safe college town/city.

Right, I was thinking maybe they have solid evidence that he is guilty but they're hoping he will do something that will lead them to Hannah or sadly Hannah's body so they aren't arresting him yet...for that anyway. I think they can get DNA from him now that he has been arrested. At least, my father a former police officer said they can now get DNA from him since he's been arrested, not sure if that is accurate or not.
bbm if they did, he would be sitting in a jail cell...

Right, I was thinking maybe they have solid evidence that he is guilty but they're hoping he will do something that will lead them to Hannah or sadly Hannah's body so they aren't arresting him yet...for that anyway. I think they can get DNA from him now that he has been arrested. At least, my father a former police officer said they can now get DNA from him since he's been arrested, not sure if that is accurate or not.

I see the arrest warrant as a strategic move. I think they want to get him a lawyer and sit down with him. Maybe they also want to get DNA.

I'm re-posting this link. An excellent article describing use of the term "Person of interest" and how it can devastate lives of innocents.

http://ajrarchive.org/Article.asp?id=4042

Thanks for the article.

I closely kept up with the mentioned Greone case and I never even heard about Mr. Lutner being named a POI.

'Person of Interest' to me is someone the police needs to talk to and doesn't necessarily mean the police think they are the suspect in the case.

However; in this particular case I do believe they are looking for JM as the suspect.

How many times have we seen cases like this and the suspect did turnout to be the last known person to be seen with the missing person? Countless times.

What I don't understand is if JM is completely innocent then why doesn't he cooperate with LE and at least tell them if he saw Hannah going in a particular direction after they parted ways (so say he)?

It really reminds me of other cases where a wife is missing or murdered and immediately the husband clams up and hires a lawyer and refuses to speak with LE. And then later on we learned why they lawyered up and it was because they were involved.

imo

I don't know if Charlottesville has more than the average number of missing, assaulted, murdered young females, for a city of its population . There have been some cases brought up, but so it seems to be the case anytime this sort of thing happens. Does anyone know if there is reason to believe that there is possibly a serial attacker of females in Charlottesville as indicated by number of such crimes, or if it's typical of such a city, especially with a university right there. There is an uptick in this sort of thing when there is such a high concentration of young people that a university has.

It is frightening that it's a fact of life that a lone person, especially female, can find self in danger; that it's a reality that there are predators out there just looking for someone vulnerable. I always though of Charlottesville as a very nice, relatively safe college town/city.

Numerous people believe there is a serial attacker possibly in the area

Morgan Harrington's shirt was found in the bushes at an apartment a few minutes down the street from Hannah's apartment

Well we don't know if he retained this lawyer or not.
and the way this is unfolding Id think if he had retained him this Lawyer would hold some kind of press conf Like the guy in the AHernandez case. My clint says he has nothing to do with this etc etc etc.... Not run away JMO

I find it very heartbreaking that this case is STUCK where it is because this man wont talk?

The way things are today I don't think JM would get crucified or railroaded I actually think today they would do everything by the book with Kid gloves....

Any Lawyer would take this case Pro bono.

so if he has nothing at all to hide why the silence? This part I do not understand.

BBM. The only reason that makes any sense is that it is because he is black and she is white. IMO.

True, maybe not guilty per se but as others have mentioned they have more evidence on him than they let on.

BTW- what does BBM mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member