GUILTY VA - IH, 14, taken by mothers ex-bf, Bruce Lynch, 34, Bumpass, Louisa County, 21 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FBI joins desperate search for missing 14-year-old girl who vanished mom's ex-boyfriend in Virginia | Daily Mail Online

[...]

Lynch’s cousin, (ML), told DailyMail.com he hasn’t seen Bruce since 2016 but says the 34-year-old doesn’t have any sort of criminal past which he knows of.

‘He's always been very mild nature and very kind that I know,’ (ML) said. ‘I tried to reach out to him after I was sent some information [about the disappearance] but he never opened nor responded to my message.’

(ML) said Lynch appeared to be online less than an hour before he sent the message at 12.50pm Monday, but he hasn’t been online since.

‘So my thought is I hope it's just a misunderstanding,’ he continued.

[...]

20090112-7605125-image-a-40_1571844966007.jpg 20090034-7605125.jpg
(*more photos at link)

I'm not understanding the lack of an Amber Alert for this either; she's a minor, believed to be with him, they have his car make/model and plate #, he's said to be armed, and he and the mother aren't even together anymore. Seems to meet the criteria for an alert? :confused:

I can only imagine he took her for nefarious reasons. If he had been concerned about her welfare, (or even if he wasn't, but simply wanted to make some false accusations about the mother) you'd think he would have reported his concerns to police or CPS.

Unless he has plans to physically harm her because he's psychotic, the
"creepy boyfriend who has been molesting her or who has an "unhealthy" emotional relationship with her" is the only other option that makes sense it seems....sadly.

I'm not understanding the lack of an Amber Alert for this either; she's a minor, believed to be with him, they have his car make/model and plate #, he's said to be armed, and he and the mother aren't even together anymore. Seems to meet the criteria for an alert? :confused:

I can only imagine he took her for nefarious reasons. If he had been concerned about her welfare, (or even if he wasn't, but simply wanted to make some false accusations about the mother) you'd think he would have reported his concerns to police or CPS.

Unless he has plans to physically harm her because he's psychotic, the
"creepy boyfriend who has been molesting her or who has an "unhealthy" emotional relationship with her" is the only other option that makes sense it seems....sadly.

I wonder if they are putting his picture out because they have some idea where he is and / or are worried he will commit a murder suicide if he feels he is backed into a corner. They could be off the grid that they wouldn't receive any Amber Alerts but maybe they don't want to take the chance. Is it possible they found his car?

Virginia AMBER Alert -- Activation Criteria

She apparently did not meet criteria for an amber alert in Virginia. Likely because there is reason to believe she went willingly.
They have issued a missing persons alert instead.
I’d be curious to know where her phone is and what she has told friends. What has she posted on any social media accounts? Imo

Even if she went willingly, she is a minor and he's just an ex-boyfriend of the mother; not a parent or any other type of adult who would have legal custodial rights of her.

Did mom originally give him permission or something but Isabel did not arrive back home on time or they didn't go to the expected destination?

I'm perplexed.

Last edited:
Even if she went willingly, she is a minor and he's just an ex-boyfriend, not a parent or any other type of adult who would have legal custodial rights of her.

Did mom originally gave him permission or something but they did not arrive home on time or go to the expected destination?

I'm perplexed.

Right - does VA recognize a 14 year old as an adult able to make these grown up decisions???? If not, IMO this is a big mistake.

Even if she went willingly, she is a minor and he's just an ex-boyfriend, not a parent or any other type of adult who would have legal custodial rights of her.

Did mom originally gave him permission or something but they did not arrive home on time or go to the expected destination?

I'm perplexed.

Reminds me of the case out of Allentown, PA. Older married guy, KE, took his daughters 16 year old friend to Mexico which he claims to “protect her” and he claims was a “father figure” to her. She went willingly. They claim she was going to run away anyway. He plead guilty to corruption of a minor. Think he was initially charged with interference with custody. Never charged with kidnapping.

She apparently did not meet criteria for an amber alert in Virginia. Likely because there is reason to believe she went willingly.
They have issued a missing persons alert instead.
I’d be curious to know where her phone is and what she has told friends. What has she posted on any social media accounts? Imo
That makes no sense. At 14 Isabel cannot go "willingly" with a man 20 years older than her by definition of Virginia's laws on consent. Currently Lynch is committing a class 4 felony regardless of the circumstances.

FFS LE/FBI has the make, model and tag number of the vehicle - what more do they need? She's only 14!!

Hopefully she'll get sick of "camping" with this man and find her way to a phone.
'I Just Need To Find My Littler Sister': Missing Teen Girl Believed To Be With 34-Year-Old Man
They also say Lynch should be considered armed and potentially dangerous. If you see him or Hicks, they urge you to contact law enforcement immediately and not to approach.
FBI joins search for missing Louisa County teen

That makes no sense. At 14 Isabel cannot go "willingly" with a man 20 years older than her by definition of Virginia's laws on consent. Currently Lynch is committing a class 4 felony regardless of the circumstances.

FFS LE/FBI has the make, model and tag number of the vehicle - what more do they need? She's only 14!!

Hopefully she'll get sick of "camping" with this man and find her way to a phone.
'I Just Need To Find My Littler Sister': Missing Teen Girl Believed To Be With 34-Year-Old Man
They also say Lynch should be considered armed and potentially dangerous. If you see him or Hicks, they urge you to contact law enforcement immediately and not to approach.
FBI joins search for missing Louisa County teen
Yes of course what he is doing is illegal. I’m just saying it didn’t meet criteria for amber alert so sounds like they r treating it as a run away. According to the criteria she either willingly went or they don’t believe he is at risk of hurting her.

Yes of course what he is doing is illegal. I’m just saying it didn’t meet criteria for amber alert so sounds like they r treating it as a run away. According to the criteria she either willingly went or they don’t believe he is at risk of hurting her.
Please know my rant wasn't directed at you - I'm pissed at Virginia. Maybe I'm thinking too literally but according to the law Isabel cannot consent to enter a sexual relationship with a 34 year old man so therefore she can't go with him willingly. So unless Lynch has some sort of custody of Isabel she's technically abducted. LE even warned that he's dangerous and should be considered to be armed. Grr.

Please know my rant wasn't directed at you - I'm pissed at Virginia. Maybe I'm thinking too literally but according to the law Isabel cannot consent to enter a sexual relationship with a 34 year old man so therefore she can't go with him willingly. So unless Lynch has some sort of custody of Isabel she's technically abducted. LE even warned that he's dangerous and should be considered to be armed. Grr.

I agree. This reminds me of the case out of TN where the teacher took one of his 15 year old students, also found a month or more later in a remote camp in California. If it weren't for the Amber Alert with pictures of the vehicle, etc., they would have gone undetected.

LE needs to raise this to an Amber Alert and get the news out fast! Hoping we hear something like this at the press conference in 15 minutes.

I agree. This reminds me of the case out of TN where the teacher took one of his 15 year old students, also found a month or more later in a remote camp in California. If it weren't for the Amber Alert with pictures of the vehicle, etc., they would have gone undetected.

LE needs to raise this to an Amber Alert and get the news out fast! Hoping we hear something like this at the press conference in 15 minutes.
Oh yes I remember that one too.
This wouldn’t be Virginia’s first time in making an error to not call an amber alert. There was another case not long ago where they treated it as a run away and it should have been an amber alert and girl was found dead by boyfriend even tho family kept insisting she would not run away and they had reason to believe boyfriend was at risk for harming her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back