GUILTY VA - IH, 14, taken by mothers ex-bf, Bruce Lynch, 34, Bumpass, Louisa County, 21 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The statement from the brother, (so sweet her older brother appealed to her, btw) when I watched it again, his statement seemed sort of odd, yes?

(Paraphrasing) "No matter what, I'm still your big brother and I love you"

The kind of thing you generally say to someone when they've messed up or are in trouble (of their own making) She's a minor though, with an ADULT man. 14 is what? 8th or 9th grade?!

Is she "in trouble" perhaps?
(I hate even suggesting that, especially if the feeling I'm getting about this case and the adult ex boyfriend is way, way off, hence the reason I feel weird asking what I'm trying to ask in the more obvious/traditional way one would normally word it.

Maybe I'm just highly overthinking the older brothers statement?

Isabel Hicks Missing: Teen’s brother wants ‘best friend back’

Chief Deputy Maj. Donald Lowe said during a news conference Thursday that investigators alerted the FBI about the case Monday.

“Very early on, we realized this was more than what it actually looked to be,” Lowe said.

[...]

Hicks’ bother, [BS], had a message for his sister.

“I just want to say we miss you very much and we want you to come home,” [BS] said. “Please just let us know you’re safe, however you can. I’m still your big brother and I’ll love you forever. I just need my best friend back.”

Hick’s mother fought back tears as she begged her daughter to reach out.

“Isabel, I love you,” she said. “And I want you to come home. And just let me know if you’re OK.”

[...]

The statement from the brother, (so sweet her older brother appealed to her, btw) when I watched it again, his statement seemed sort of odd, yes?

The kind of thing you generally say to someone when they've messed up or are in trouble (of their own making) She's a minor though, with an ADULT man. 14 is what? 8th or 9th grade?!

(I hate even suggesting that, especially if the feeling I'm getting about this case and the adult ex boyfriend is way, way off, hence the reason I feel weird asking what I'm trying to ask in the more obvious/traditional way one would normally word it.

I keep thinking or hoping that they are acting like she has the decision to come home so the adult man with guns doesn't feel that he is in trouble. She might have willingly left that doesn't mean she knew what she was getting into, but asking her to call or come home gives her a reason to contact her family. She could be like, "I need to tell my brother I'm okay," it's a reasonable request and a sibling sounds safer than a parent.

Yes odd. I was going to say something about that. But then decided not to.

Idk I got the sense that she may have left a suicides note. Just trying to figure out how the moms ex would play into that. Moo

How would he fit in to a suicide plan unless they had a pact. That seems odd and even then why go to the woods? Was this man grooming her and possibly having sex with her? Could she be pregnant? Or did she just have a teenage "I hate you all!" moment and a vacation with her mom's ex sounded like a good idea when she left the house?

How would he fit in to a suicide plan unless they had a pact. That seems odd and even then why go to the woods? Was this man grooming her and possibly having sex with her? Could she be pregnant? Or did she just have a teenage "I hate you all!" moment and a vacation with her mom's ex sounded like a good idea when she left the house?
Idk. The presser thru me off. Logically i’m Thinking this pedo ran off with a child but then LE doesn’t seem To be approaching this as if they r in hot pursuit of pedo.
The focus is more on her and her being in some kind of bad situation. Why wouldn’t mom have pleaded to the ex to bring her home? So I am trying to think of how maybe he isn’t a villain. Moo

Last edited:
Idk. The presser thru me off. Logically i’m Thinking this pedo ran off with a child but then LE doesn’t seem To be approaching this as if they r in hot pursuit of pedo.
The focus is more on her and her being in some kind of bad situation. Why wouldn’t mom have pleaded to the ex to bring her home? So I am trying to think of how maybe he isn’t a villain. Moo

I thought maybe the mom was using restraint when not calling her ex out. I wonder if they think he is capable of killing her, himself , others if he thinks he is headed to jail. idk

MOO. If he has been grooming her, then he has instilled a sense of guilt in her (examples: you seduced me; I couldn't help but fall in love with you) and has attempted to make her completely dependent on him emotionally (examples: your mother will never forgive you; your family will blame you for our love affair; everyone knows you intentionally ran away with me). IMO, the messaging at the press conference was to let her know that wasn't true, and that she is loved and dearly missed. JMO.

I also suspect they do not want him to feel overly pressured, as others have said, and avoid either of them making a rash decision (hers under duress, and we don't know what her emotional state may be right now). The psychological effects of kidnapping (which is what this is) are immediately traumatic. MOO. They need her to stay alive until they can be found and to know she has the unconditional support and love of her family and community. JMO.

I am praying she is located safely.

MOO. If he has been grooming her, then he has instilled a sense of guilt in her (examples: you seduced me; I couldn't help but fall in love with you) and has attempted to make her completely dependent on him emotionally (examples: your mother will never forgive you; your family will blame you for our love affair; everyone knows you intentionally ran away with me). IMO, the messaging at the press conference was to let her know that wasn't true, and that she is loved and dearly missed. JMO.

I also suspect they do not want him to feel overly pressured, as others have said, and avoid either of them making a rash decision (hers under duress, and we don't know what her emotional state may be right now). The psychological effects of kidnapping (which is what this is) are immediately traumatic. MOO. They need her to stay alive until they can be found and to know she has the unconditional support and love of her family and community. JMO.

I am praying she is located safely.
Unfortunately, it might take a while to locate them. They could easily pass for father and daughter, and there's nothing unusual about a father spending time with his daughter. As I type this, thousands of soccer dads are driving their daughters to practice. Thank God the FBI is on their tails, but it's going to take luck and some eagle eyes to find them. MOO

“Friends of mine know her. They have all been posting stuff about her,” resident Kyle Britner said.

The news rocked this small close-knit community.

“I just hope they find her,” Keisha Roberts said.

Roberts knows the family of the missing girl and lives just minutes from them.

“It’s scary. It’s very scary. My daughter is friends with her and she came home from class very upset,” Roberts said.

Officials, family members provide udpate on missing teen believed to be with 34-year-old man

Wonder why they broke up? Perhaps that would shed some light on what’s going on. I would assume he’s been grooming her for some time and mom may have noticed this behavior. Sorry if this has been said before. MOO

LBM

If this is the case, it wouldn't necessarily have to be the 34 year old's.
Maybe a secret BF ?
Hope they make a mistake like being seen in public at a restaurant or somewhere -- and are found soon !

Last edited:
Wonder why they broke up? Perhaps that would shed some light on what’s going on. I would assume he’s been grooming her for some time and mom may have noticed this behavior. Sorry if this has been said before. MOO
Possible.

Nothing about this scenario 'makes it right' -- even if he claims he was protecting her.
If you want to help someone-- you go to the authorities first and foremost.
You don't take someone and go on the run.

Possible.

Nothing about this scenario 'makes it right' -- even if he claims he was protecting her.
If you want to help someone-- you go to the authorities first and foremost.
You don't take someone and go on the run.
My thoughts too. And the brothers pleas to her make me think she left willingly, IMO this was planned by at least him. These predators are coming out of the woodwork, disgusting. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back