VERDICT WATCH VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky News

'If he abused her one time, Amber wins'

Ben Rottenborn, Amber Heard's lawyer, takes the jury back to the testimony of expert psycholgist Dr Dawn Hughes, who tested Heard and said there had been a "high degree" of violence against the actress.

She said the effect of "coercive control" was "drastic" and that there was an "imbalance of power" and "intimidation".

Dr Hughes told the court that Heard has post-traumatic stress disorder as a result of abuse.

Mr Rottenborn says it is "ridiculous" that Depp is trying to "fool" the jury into believing he was never once abusive towards Heard.

"It's not about who's the better spouse," the lawyer says. "It's not about whether you think Ms Heard may have been abusive to Mr Depp. It's not."

He reminds the jury of testimony by a couples therapist who said the pair had engaged in "mutual abuse".

"They're trying to trick you into thinking that Amber has to be perfect in order to win, even while they're ignoring Mr Depp's many flaws," Mr Rottenborn says.

"But don't fall for that trick. Amber's not perfect, none of us are. She's never pretended to be. And that's not what you're being asked to decide.

"One time, ladies and gentleman. One time. If he abused her one time, Amber wins. Actually, if he fails to prove that he never abused her one time, Amber wins."

I truly have a hard time focusing and being engaged in this trial when this specific attorney is speaking. He doesn't come across as "invested" in this client or the outcome of this case. He seems - disconnected. His mouth is making noises but they don't feel like he is passionate or believes himself what he is seeing. Maybe it's just his manner of speaking or he is just nervous, maybe he is just no good in front of juries. sigh.

He comes across as snide to me.

There is NO PROOF of most of these abuse allegations by her. Like him holding the doggie out of the window.
We have a picture of her holding the dog out the window. I don't even know if the event happened. Sorry. I can't take AH's word for it, not when she said Mr. Night was wearing a mesh shirt and he said he wouldn't wear something like that. Not when she submitted the same photo for two different events. Not when she has abuse photos that we can't tell what date they were from.

I wish Ben would say that the only person who testified about seeing JD physically hit Amber was Whitney. No one else.
Camille did though, IIRC?
It's taken out of context, he was so violent that AH ran for her life :rolleyes: They're making a molehill into a mountain.
Yes, I absolutely agree, cabinet abuse is not spousal abuse, any more than "possessing drug paraphernalia" would be the same thing as "possessing drugs". Is it pleasant? No.

Heck, there are lawyers in law firms that throw that kind of temper tantrum and no one bats an eye. I bet Ben and Elaine have even worked with some of them.

Clearly he's not trying to intimidate her, if he goes 180 degrees away from her. Intimidation/abuse would be him throwing something AT her.

If AH's side are claiming the op-ed was a 1st amendment issue, then that would also mean that her counterclaim sinks as that would mean AW's statements in the Daily Mail are 1st amendment rights too. It would also mean that there can never, ever be any defamation if something is printed in a newspaper, which just can't be right at all.

She could not handle his drinking and drugs and her monster came out. Probably we all might have issues with his addiction. They both have monsters. But do we think that JD’s monster physically abused her? I don’t. I think she set out the third monster resulting in this trial. One dollar to both and be done with it.

Sky News

'These words are a window into the heart and mind of America's favourite pirate'

Ben Rottenborn, Amber Heard's lawyer, now says he wants to go through some of the evidence.

First of all he presents a text conversation between Depp and his "drug buddy" Paul Bettany, which came up in court earlier in the trial.

"Let's burn Amber!!!" one message says.

Another says: "Let's drown her before we burn her!!! I will *advertiser censored** her burnt corpse afterwards to make sure she is dead..."

"Some of the most vile, disgusting language you could ever imagine," Mr Rottenborn says, and adds this was at the beginning of his relationship with Depp.

He then reads one message sent after Depp and Heard's break-up: "Hopefully that c***'s rotting corpse is decomposing in the *advertiser censored***** trunk of a Honda Civic."

"These words are a window into the heart and mind of America's favourite pirate," Mr Rottenborn says. "This is the real Johnny Depp."

sorry Rottonborn, any abuse victim will tell you that a big part of their "job" in the relationship with their narc is to present to the world what a wonderful amazing gift from God they've been to you. Johnny singing Amber's praises are exactly that. Him keeping her happy because God help him if he didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawk53