DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How do you feel the jury will decide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember when Plaintiff's exhibits #512 AND #725 were submitted? And, do you think most jurors realized it was AH's legal team that removed the "metadata"?

Vasquez then showed Heard a version of the same photo in connection to testimony the actress gave about an incident from May 21, 2016. Heard was also shown transcript of her own testimony about the photo and May incident.

The actress conceded the connection.

“Defendant’s exhibit 512 and 725 seem to be different versions of the same picture, don’t they?”

“That’s correct,” Heard again conceded.

“So, which is it? Which one of these photos was taken on December 15, 2015, or May 21, 2016?”

This was one of my favorite moments in the trial! Another point scored by Camille!

great points
On Kate , mr night, tmz guy
Also Isaac, I think he was a key person
as he said at first he loved her. Then he
described the monster she became and
how she has destroyed so many lives.
Isaac for sure. I forgot to put him on my list. Yes. I completely agree. I read his UK testimony, and it was VERY consistent. He did have a little more to say, too, though. He talked about what happened when JD came home from trying to detox.

SO:

TMZ guy
Mr. Night
Kate Moss
Isaac B.

Let's keep going.

Do people think that AH's friends, RP, her then husband J, the guy in NY, her sister- all lied for AH or were they just given enough information by AH to believe her and
they thought she was genuine?

(I keep thinking that in many ways this was a re-do of the UK trial and maybe AH's witnesses were just worn out by that and thought this case would go AH's way too? I also wonder if AH's pictures were mislabeled/wrong, why didn't her own reps notice that in prep? The whole device order and sanction is another strange unresolved issue.)

The ex-wife of a prominent NRL player has weighed into the Johnny Heard and Amber Heard dispute saying the Pirates of the Caribbean star has succeeded in ensuring “women won’t be believed”.

Phoebe Burgess, the ex-wife of former South Sydney player, Sam Burgess, took to Instagram late on Sunday to argue the shocking public reaction to the trial will stop other victims coming forward.

Big sign Johnny Depp has already wonWhy victim-survivors are turning on Heard
“Not only for Heard, but for any victim-survivor observing and seeing the attack that happens when someone speaks about the abuse they have experienced,” she told news.com.au.

Phoebe Burgess is the ex-wife of former South Sydney player, Sam Burgess
I guess it doesn't matter to her if men are believed. Why do people feel they need to draw the gender lines. Shouldn't anyone who is genuinely abused be believed?

At the bottom of the article:
Correction:
May 27, 2022
An earlier version of this article misquoted Amber Heard’s 2018 op-ed. In it, she called herself a “public figure representing domestic abuse, not a “public figure representing domestic violence.”

The bottle story is enough for me to render all the rest of her testimony not credible.
I think it was a good thing for JD that the lying liar couldn't contain herself, and so she went for such extreme stories:
like he threw her across the room onto the pingpong table, kept her hostage for 3 days, assaulted her sexually with a whiskey bottle which might have been broken, but she is still not sure if it was or not because she never went for medical aid, but she did make him coffee the very next morning....

It was lucky for him she went so extreme because it would be nearly impossible to disprove that he shoved her or slapped her or held her against the wall, etc. All of that sounds more believable and more realistic and the jury would be more likely to believe her.

The problem was, she wanted to destroy him and prevent him from ever working again and she wanted to humiliate him and devastate his reputation and relationship with his friends and family. So she felt she needed to go to extremes and she greatly overestimated her acting skills.

I want to guess, because of her eyebrows, she isn't. But I'm no expert on it.
My sister is a natural blonde, olive skinned with dark brows. But we’re Greek/Irish/German, not Scandinavian which I think is where pale skin and light brows might come along with blonde hair. No idea about Amber’s genetics, though.

These days all it takes are allegations of some type of abuse to ruin a man's life. It is awful.
One thing that needs to happen is for more people to understand how many men are FALSELY accused by their ex's, of child abuse during custody battles and divorces.

It is disgusting how many people stoop that low. Maybe this case opens the window a little to understanding that men are sometimes the victims with these accusations as well.

And I am a victim of childhood sexual abuse, so believe me, I do know it happens. :confused:

Does anyone remember when Plaintiff's exhibits #512 AND #725 were submitted? And, do you think most jurors realized it was AH's legal team that removed the "metadata"?

Vasquez then showed Heard a version of the same photo in connection to testimony the actress gave about an incident from May 21, 2016. Heard was also shown transcript of her own testimony about the photo and May incident.

The actress conceded the connection.

“Defendant’s exhibit 512 and 725 seem to be different versions of the same picture, don’t they?”

“That’s correct,” Heard again conceded.

“So, which is it? Which one of these photos was taken on December 15, 2015, or May 21, 2016?”

from above link:
“Or, if you were telling the truth, you would know,” Vasquez shot back.

“I’m supposed to know off the top of my head when you’ve lived through five years of this stuff?” Heard pushed back. “That’s not how that works.”

Similarly, on redirect, Heard looked directly at the jury and explained that testifying about both photos for two different incidents happened because there was so much violence during her relationship with Depp that she was simply unable to keep the photos/incidents straight.

I am glad she looks right at the jury when she lies like that^^^^. I really think the jurors will be able to feel how full of it she is.

So she looks at the jury and swears there was so much violence over that 5 years and such a mountain of evidence in photos that she couldn't even keep them all sorted out. OK Amber, where are all the many photos of your horribly severe injuries?

You have oh so many photos depicting violence and trashed rooms, yet you accidentally use the same one twice, which is just a spilled bottle of wine on the hardwood floor? Hardly evidence of a violent struggle, IMO.

I don’t think so.

Even though WE have been reviewing clips for days, the jury should not be, and they don’t have their court lap-tops. I think there is a lot to do. They have to elect a jury foreman. They have an awful lot of written testimony to read, then they have to discuss all kinds of issues. Review the instructions.

I think they will take this very seriously and I would say Wednesday at the earliest, possibly even Thursday.

It’s really a lot of work and I don’t think they want to appear to be superficial and risk an appeal because of some jury issue.
I agree; plus,I thought someone said they would only get a single laptop with the evidence to share? Happy to be corrected on this though…
I agree 100%. We have to remember that the Jury is just now getting to discuss and compare notes amongst themselves. This was a WEEKS long trial with a week long break in there.
I don’t remember ever seeing a trial where Jurors are provided a laptop with video/audio evidence to review in addition to other evidence such as Exhibits.
I would completely understand if some of them wanted to go back and refresh their memories.
Do they take a poll of those who need to review the first weeks of testimony? If so, do they make a game plan to review it as a group or individually?

The Judge read the verdict forms to them and instructed them not to take notes because they would be provided a written copy.
I would expect them to take at least a couple of hours, maybe half a day discussing it and making sure they are in agreement that they are all interpreting it the same way.

This is not a Criminal trial where their task is to determine Guilty or Not Guilty.

So if they take all day Tuesday and Wednesday, I will not be worried that they are “ not on the same page “.

I would think that they are appropriately weighing the evidence as they have been tasked to do .

There are several elements that they have to consider here.. JD’s claim and AH’s counterclaim and then damages awarded.

These are just my thoughts and opinions about when a verdict might come back.
I know I will be on pins and needles in the meantime.
Someone said that generic estimates based on behavior have the general rule, one day’s worth of testimony takes an hour to deliberate.

for this trial, I believe overall we had 25 days.
Isaac for sure. I forgot to put him on my list. Yes. I completely agree. I read his UK testimony, and it was VERY consistent. He did have a little more to say, too, though. He talked about what happened when JD came home from trying to detox.

SO:

TMZ guy
Mr. Night
Kate Moss
Isaac B.

Let's keep going.
I liked his additional UK testimony, as it made a lot more sense (him joining a discussion of the game plan with JD and Christie at minimum; he did live next to Amber, after all… though I suspect, not for long after that…).
My sister is a natural blonde, olive skinned with dark brows. But we’re Greek/Irish/German, not Scandinavian which I think is where pale skin and light brows might come along with blonde hair. No idea about Amber’s genetics, though.
Can confirm personally as fellow German. My eyebrows are darker than my hair; and my sister, ash blonde, has eyebrows which are nearly black.

as for Amber probably showing up in person for the verdict ‘after all’, I never doubted she would for an instant…

firstly, it’s just like spending day after day ‘teasing’ that they will recall JD, no wait, they’ll recall AH…

secondly, there’s NO WAY she will pass up a chance to try and spin this as ‘JD couldn’t face me’, regardless of whatever the outcome is.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Elaine et al told them originally that AH wouldnt show up; nor would it surprise me if it were her excellent advice; but Amber will of course ignore it.

or she’ll think/act like her fans have been on the edge of their seats insisting upon seeing her during it.

IMO, JMO, etc.

I think it was a good thing for JD that the lying liar couldn't contain herself, and so she went for such extreme stories:
like he threw her across the room onto the pingpong table, kept her hostage for 3 days, assaulted her sexually with a whiskey bottle which might have been broken, but she is still not sure if it was or not because she never went for medical aid, but she did make him coffee the very next morning....

It was lucky for him she went so extreme because it would be nearly impossible to disprove that he shoved her or slapped her or held her against the wall, etc. All of that sounds more believable and more realistic and the jury would be more likely to believe her.

The problem was, she wanted to destroy him and prevent him from ever working again and she wanted to humiliate him and devastate his reputation and relationship with his friends and family. So she felt she needed to go to extremes and she greatly overestimated her acting skills.

Ah yes,the whisky bottle that she couldn't describe,that she couldn't feel,that she still isn't sure if it was broken but oh,hang on, she recognises it as the bottle standing neatly in Ben Kings photo now that you're showing it to her,here in this courtroom full of people :rolleyes:

Counting down.
I am trying to prepare myself to accept and be Okay, with any upcoming verdict. :oops:

I would jump for joy if Johnny wins and she has to pay his legal fees and she loses the countersuit.

But juries have broken my heart before so I am steeling myself. And in this case, thank goodness Johnny already got what he wanted most. He really needed to explain his story.

And Camille and Ben were able to catch her in some big lies. The TMZ guy was devastating to her case, imo. And I just
re-watched some of Heard's final cross by Camille. lmao What a train wreck for Amber.

I think it was very healing for Johnny's soul to watch Amber hem and haw and try and deny so many obvious lies in her final testimony. That was exactly what Johnny was here for.

So I am not going to live or die by this upcoming verdict. The law in this case makes it a difficult roads for Johnny to prove that he never did anything considered abusive towards his evil ex-wife. The jury might feel they were both toxic and just nullify the whole thing, both ways. ....whatever....

Johnny is doing an awesome Little Rock tour with some of the world's best musicians. And he is in preproduction for a French film to play King Louie XV. Spending 3 months in Versaille gives him lots of time with his kids as well.

So I don't really care all that much what happens with this verdict. Unless of course they come for him and want him to pay Amber millions....but I just don't see that happening....

Have a good Memorial Day, all! Now, we can say, they deliberate more tomorrow!
Although, after reading and re-watching and listening more to the audio that @squareandrabbet linked, I have to say I feel less confident the Jury will find for JD.

I remind myself of lowest common denominators, and the fact that the jury is maybe all male. And average I.Q. 's..... I am far less certain than I was on Friday. I wish it wasn't so. I'll try and regain the faith.

At the bottom of the article:
Correction:
May 27, 2022
An earlier version of this article misquoted Amber Heard’s 2018 op-ed. In it, she called herself a “public figure representing domestic abuse, not a “public figure representing domestic violence.”

and imho just like that, AH became a public figure representing domestic violence of the style she perpetrated against JD!

jmho ymmv lrr

Have a good Memorial Day, all! Now, we can say, they deliberate more tomorrow!
Although, after reading and re-watching and listening more to the audio that @squareandrabbet linked, I have to say I feel less confident the Jury will find for JD.

I remind myself of lowest common denominators, and the fact that the jury is maybe all male. And average I.Q. 's..... I am far less certain than I was on Friday. I wish it wasn't so. I'll try and regain the faith.

I am trying to give the younger, mostly male jury a chance here. First off, they more than likely live off of social media. Granted, not about this case during the trial...but life prior.

I believe that they are very aware of certain types of celebrity wannabes who wanted their names in lights brighter than they deserved, who may have used a political and highly sensitive issue to reach their desired status...and LIED to the community. ( See Jussie Smollet )

If they the jury can find some ( or all) of AH's testimony to be fabrication and lies, then they can discount all of it...if they choose. I have faith in this jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298