DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How do you feel the jury will decide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a good Memorial Day, all! Now, we can say, they deliberate more tomorrow!
Although, after reading and re-watching and listening more to the audio that @squareandrabbet linked, I have to say I feel less confident the Jury will find for JD.

I remind myself of lowest common denominators, and the fact that the jury is maybe all male. And average I.Q. 's..... I am far less certain than I was on Friday. I wish it wasn't so. I'll try and regain the faith.
Maybe they won’t have any interest in listening to it… one never knows.

I also think there’s a lot of potential leeway in terms of personal experience.

We don’t know what types of personalities these people have, or have experienced in the course of their daily lives, for one thing… how many might have family members with these issues, or same experiences that will resound in their brains.
I am trying to give the younger, mostly male jury a chance here. First off, they more than likely live off of social media. Granted, not about this case during the trial...but life prior.

I believe that they are very aware of certain types of celebrity wannabes who wanted their names in lights brighter than they deserved, who may have used a political and highly sensitive issue to reach their desired status...and LIED to the community. ( See Jussie Smollet )

If they the jury can find some ( or all) of AH's testimony to be fabrication and lies, then they can discount all of it...if they choose. I have faith in this jury.
Also, the judge’s charges about utilizing their common sense; as well as authorizing them that they can ignore everything BUT one individual’s slam-dunk-to-them testimony, I.e. if they get so ensnarled in a mental Gordian knot that they want to throw everything out except for, say, the testimony of Dr. Curry; they’re also entitled to do that.

So she is pushing blonde haircoloring! Is she a bottle blonde? I always assumed she was a natural blonde.
I think she may be a natural mousey brown or dishwater blonde? That LO commercial is super duper blonde. I have to wonder how she landed that position. I do wonder if LO is keeping an eye on the trial, and how that may impact her future with them.
The ex-wife of a prominent NRL player has weighed into the Johnny Heard and Amber Heard dispute saying the Pirates of the Caribbean star has succeeded in ensuring “women won’t be believed”.

Phoebe Burgess, the ex-wife of former South Sydney player, Sam Burgess, took to Instagram late on Sunday to argue the shocking public reaction to the trial will stop other victims coming forward.

Big sign Johnny Depp has already wonWhy victim-survivors are turning on Heard
“Not only for Heard, but for any victim-survivor observing and seeing the attack that happens when someone speaks about the abuse they have experienced,” she told news.com.au.

Phoebe Burgess is the ex-wife of former South Sydney player, Sam Burgess
Apparently she thinks it’s ok for male victims of abuse to not be believed. SMH

Although, after reading and re-watching and listening more to the audio that @squareandrabbet linked, I have to say I feel less confident the Jury will find for JD.

I remind myself of lowest common denominators, and the fact that the jury is maybe all male. And average I.Q. 's..... I am far less certain than I was on Friday. I wish it wasn't so. I'll try and regain the faith.

I am trying to give the younger, mostly male jury a chance here. First off, they more than likely live off of social media. Granted, not about this case during the trial...but life prior.

I believe that they are very aware of certain types of celebrity wannabes who wanted their names in lights brighter than they deserved, who may have used a political and highly sensitive issue to reach their desired status...and LIED to the community. ( See Jussie Smollet )

If they the jury can find some ( or all) of AH's testimony to be fabrication and lies, then they can discount all of it...if they choose. I have faith in this jury.
Kavya01, may I ask what specifics you reviewed over the weekend to lead you to feel less confident in JD's case than you felt on Friday?

Wouldn't most men, young and/or old, generally have an issue with a movement which allowed and encouraged women to make whatever accusations about men, and automatically be believed, resulting in the 'accuseds' automatic 'cancellation', without any evidence, nor a chance to defend themselves in a court?

I was a little surprised when I saw the jury composition - "The Depp-Heard case was initially being heard by seven jurors and four alternates. Seven jurors and two alternates remain." (Does anyone know which juror positions are the two 'alternates'?) Out of the 9 current jurors, 6 are male, 3 female.

Thankfully the public has been allowed to witness the court proceedings, and therefore don't have to rely on unreliable, biased, media coverage. I believe we have been able to see for ourselves, for the most part. Considering how many boldfaced lies AH has been caught in during these proceedings (broken nose (NOT), raped with a bottle (I don't see how a rational person could believe that story at ALL?), her claims she didn't notify the press when filing her claims, her claims she didn't tell the press where and how to photograph her at that time, using same photo for two different claims of abuse, severely exaggerating the trailer damage, etc), and her proven attempts and strategies to manipulate her narrative (in cohoots with ACLU to have her defamation published to take advantage of the press surrounding the release of Aquaman, notifying the press on where to be, sending the press a video of JD when he'd lost his cool, etc), I'm confused as to how anyone could believe anything at all coming out of her? And not to even mention her bold and pushy, unpalatable demeanor throughout this case. I too have faith in the jury.

depp jury.png

Maybe they won’t have any interest in listening to it… one never knows.

I also think there’s a lot of potential leeway in terms of personal experience.

We don’t know what types of personalities these people have, or have experienced in the course of their daily lives, for one thing… how many might have family members with these issues, or same experiences that will resound in their brains.

Also, the judge’s charges about utilizing their common sense; as well as authorizing them that they can ignore everything BUT one individual’s slam-dunk-to-them testimony, I.e. if they get so ensnarled in a mental Gordian knot that they want to throw everything out except for, say, the testimony of Dr. Curry; they’re also entitled to do that.
Well just the TMZ guy proved she is a liar and she sit up the media even telling them what side of her cheek to photograph. If she lied about that why would a jury even believe that bruise if it is a real one even came from Johnny? I don't believe its real but even if it is what's to say she didn't do this to herself to try to frame Johnny? He had been gone for 6 days. jmo.
Edited to add:
I still dont know why they didn't use a bruise chart. There used all the time to determine child abuse. And 6 days later it would be a yellowing greenish color.

Last edited:
Kavya01, may I ask what specifics you reviewed over the weekend to lead you to feel less confident in JD's case than you felt on Friday?

Wouldn't most men, young and/or old, generally have an issue with a movement which allowed and encouraged women to make whatever accusations about men, and automatically be believed, resulting in the 'accuseds' automatic 'cancellation', without any evidence, nor a chance to defend themselves in a court?

I was a little surprised when I saw the jury composition - "The Depp-Heard case was initially being heard by seven jurors and four alternates. Seven jurors and two alternates remain." (Does anyone know which juror positions are the two 'alternates'?) Out of the 9 current jurors, 6 are male, 3 female.

Thankfully the public has been allowed to witness the court proceedings, and therefore don't have to rely on unreliable, biased, media coverage. I believe we have been able to see for ourselves, for the most part. Considering how many boldfaced lies AH has been caught in during these proceedings (broken nose (NOT), raped with a bottle (I don't see how a rational person could believe that story at ALL?), her claims she didn't notify the press when filing her claims, her claims she didn't tell the press where and how to photograph her at that time, using same photo for two different claims of abuse, severely exaggerating the trailer damage, etc), and her proven attempts and strategies to manipulate her narrative (in cohoots with ACLU to have her defamation published to take advantage of the press surrounding the release of Aquaman, notifying the press on where to be, sending the press a video of JD when he'd lost his cool, etc), I'm confused as to how anyone could believe anything at all coming out of her? And not to even mention her bold and pushy, unpalatable demeanor throughout this case. I too have faith in the jury.

View attachment 346942
The judge asked B/2 and H/8 to leave.

it’s been said by courtroom observers that H8 was visibly shook to miss her chance to deliberate; and also that she seemed to be pro Johnny.

My perspective is a little different on the make-up of this jury .. I tend to think that this situation will resonate with the younger men .. they have probably either been a part of something similar or witnessed it with a friend or family member. This is just my opinion but I think this happens much more then we know in the 20's to 30's crowd .. maybe not on this bad of a scale, but with the false accusations when a relationship or marriage fails and a young woman is trying to hang on to custody or keep control of the home she is living in. All I have to do is look at my facebook feed and see this type of stuff posted every time someone breaks up ..

My thoughts are the young men have already made up their mind as soon as they witnessed AH on the stand and heard some of those tapes. IMO

The judge asked B/2 and H/8 to leave.

it’s been said by courtroom observers that H8 was visibly shook to miss her chance to deliberate; and also that she seemed to be pro Johnny.

In the Law & Lumber video about the behavioural characteristics of AH's testimony and the reactions of the jury, I believe he said that two jurors would be eliminated, at random, to comply with the final # of deliberating jurors.

When the judge asked B/2 and H/8 to leave, it was not because of any of their own actions or behaviours. They were random choices.

(In essence they were alternate jurors, when the "alternate" part was chosen at random, and not pre-designated.)

One thing that needs to happen is for more people to understand how many men are FALSELY accused by their ex's, of child abuse during custody battles and divorces.

It is disgusting how many people stoop that low. Maybe this case opens the window a little to understanding that men are sometimes the victims with these accusations as well.

And I am a victim of childhood sexual abuse, so believe me, I do know it happens. :confused:

I just want to say .. I wasn't loving your post because of the childhood sexual abuse .. I am so sorry you went through that! but I am loving it because what you said is so true. <3

That Law & Lumber video is very interesting for the comments he makes about which jurors AH is looking at and their body language responses.

He observes that two of the women jurors closest to AH stopped looking at her during the most dramatic and long-drawn out statements, and that at some crucial parts of her testimony, none of them would look at her. That can indicate they are not interested in her statement, or that it's so uncomfortable they can't look at her, or that they are just plain tired and want to get this overwith. After all, they have been there a very long time.

He says in some statements, AH has to keep scanning the jurors to see if any are looking at her.

He also says that watching how their shoulders are oriented is more indicative of who they are paying attention to. Bad news for AH, most of them had their shoulders facing the judge, not AH.

Reminds me that Jury Selection is a hugely significant factor

Well just the TMZ guy proved she is a liar and she sit up the media even telling them what side of her cheek to photograph. If she lied about that why would a jury even believe that bruise if it is a real one even came from Johnny? I don't believe its real but even if it is what's to say she didn't do this to herself to try to frame Johnny? He had been gone for 6 days. jmo.
Edited to add:
I still dont know why they didn't use a bruise chart. There used all the time to determine child abuse. And 6 days later it would be a yellowing greenish color.
EXACTLY!!!

Does anyone recall if she claimed JD was physically abusive as well? I don’t remember if she did or if she was referring to emotional and verbal. I also wonder how the jury will interpret her testimony.

ETA: I left out who I was referring to …. the psychologist.

Photographs as well as audio and video recordings painted a picture of two people in a relationship with what was characterized as "mutual abuse" by Laurel Anderson, a clinical psychologist who worked with Depp and Heard in 2015 as their marriage counselor, in testimony played on April 14.”

Last edited:
Last edited:

Aquaman 2, which is expected to reach cinemas in 2023, is the most high-profile project in Heard’s current slate of acting work.

Outside of this, Heard is in the post-production stages of an Italian thriller titled In the Fire, written and directed by Conor Allyn.

Next, according to film site IMDB, she is expected to appear in Run Away with Me, which focuses on an American in Paris who falls for a model before they both become intertwined in the criminal underworld of the European modelling industry.

Aquaman 2, which is expected to reach cinemas in 2023, is the most high-profile project in Heard’s current slate of acting work.

Outside of this, Heard is in the post-production stages of an Italian thriller titled In the Fire, written and directed by Conor Allyn.

Next, according to film site IMDB, she is expected to appear in Run Away with Me, which focuses on an American in Paris who falls for a model before they both become intertwined in the criminal underworld of the European modelling industry.

I think every ACLU grand poo-bah should be forced to sit through all of her past and future "efforts".

jmo

Was In The Fire the one where she was paid $65,000 for?

Mostly the news that Juror H/8 is now merely an alternate, also, rehashing Dr. (I am being polite and using her full title) Hughes' PTSD claims which, while I feel her assessment was sloppy (to be VERY polite), the Jury may give a lot of credence. I also worry that Dr. Curry does not have among her credentials that she is Board Certified, which, in the jurors' eyes, may devalue her evaluation of AH, and her opinion re: the BPD/HD diagnosis .

In general, PTSD is a much more familiar, understood and acknowledged diagnosis by laypersons than personality disorders are-- I have often found people find PD 's vague, confusing and don't understand how they "came to be" as it were. With PTSD, the origins are often far more concrete, and clear to point to. PD's origins can be esoteric, and PD's to laypersons sound hard to understand and cope with, impossible to cure and off-putting. So, then I start to wonder wether the jurors will lean toward a familiar term and diagnosis? And ascribe and excuse AH's "inconsistencies" (lies) and manipulations to being a poor victim with PTSD?

Then, I calculate the influence of the women in the lives of the jurors -- how many have actually connections to genuine #MeToo 'ers-- or want to do the right thing by women and giving AH a mountain of benefit of doubt? BPD/HD 's are such manipulators-- will the Jurors have her number? I worry.

Thankfully, there are also very concrete, clear testimonies that discredit AH greatly--but will AH's side's attempt at spin render those testimonies inconsequential?

I am just going to plant some beans and tomatoes and smell the air. And work on trusting the young men on the jury to deliberate soundly. With common sense!!!!

"Now, anyone in a relationship as she has described where she feared for her life (while giving him a giant hunting knife as a gift, um okay) and was hit for no reason when he was drunk would certainly not be calling him a “baby.” She punishes him for leaving fights. She belittles him for not staying and fighting with her. She seems to be encouraging him to get physical to prove his manhood."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenabarlow