VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
More than 130 people, including Gloria Steinem, and organizations in the field of women’s rights advocacy and domestic violence and sexual assault awareness have signed an open letter to support Amber Heard, who lost a defamation suit this year brought by her ex-husband, Johnny Depp, for an op-ed in which she said she was a “public figure representing domestic abuse.”

The letter, which was exclusively shared with NBC News ahead of its public release Wednesday, was signed by groups like the National Organization for Women, the National Women’s Law Center, Equality Now and the Women’s March Foundation. It was written by a group of people who identify as domestic violence survivors and supporters of Heard.

Heard filed a brief last month laying the groundwork to appeal a seven-person jury’s decision in Virginia’s Fairfax County Circuit Court to award Depp $10 million in compensatory damages and $5 million in punitive damages in June. Heard, who had countersued, was awarded $2 million in compensatory damages but nothing in punitive damages...

These orgs have made it a political issue, which greatly disappoints me. I know what I saw during that trial. I know what evidence was presented and witnessed the lies being spun in real time. I stand by the unanimous jury verdict that she defamed him with malice.

I firmly believe AH was the actual abuser who DARVO'ed her victim, tried to destroy his life, damaged his career and reputation with false allegations and who finally was exposed on national television.

Just my opinion, but this is the wrong hill to die on. AH is the worst possible representative of domestic violence, it is SHE who has caused a set back for the MeToo/women's rights movement and weaponized the justice system and the media against a victim (with her false TRO, divorce demands, PR smear campaign).

This truly upsets me. I was already mad at the ACLU for being a willing co-conspirator in this entire mess, but the media keeps backing the wrong horse. They seem determined to make this a gender-based culture war regardless of the actual facts of the case.

These orgs have made it a political issue, which greatly disappoints me. I know what I saw during that trial. I know what evidence was presented and witnessed the lies being spun in real time. I stand by the unanimous jury verdict that she defamed him with malice.

I firmly believe AH was the actual abuser who DARVO'ed her victim, tried to destroy his life, damaged his career and reputation with false allegations and who finally was exposed on national television.

Just my opinion, but this is the wrong hill to die on. AH is the worst possible representative of domestic violence, it is SHE who has caused a set back for the MeToo/women's rights movement and weaponized the justice system and the media against a victim (with her false TRO, divorce demands, PR smear campaign).

This truly upsets me. I was already mad at the ACLU for being a willing co-conspirator in this entire mess, but the media keeps backing the wrong horse. They seem determined to make this a gender-based culture war regardless of the actual facts of the case.
Well said, thank you.

My response was much spicier. And saltier. You did well, without the spice rack :)

On the very same weekend it was reported the two were no longer dating. What to believe any more?:

Despite word that the pair had split, the source said, 'Oh they're still on alright. He's into her too - but he does enjoy his women'

Johnny Depp and his British lawyer girlfriend Joelle Rich are still a couple and spent the past weekend together, DailyMail.com can reveal

Sources told DailyMail.com that Rich, 37, remains 'crazy' about Depp – with the stunning lawyer flying into Las Vegas on Wednesday from her home in London to see the actor perform and Johnny welcoming her with open arms.

Recent buzz had the pair split, but her appearance in Vegas last weekend told a different story.

On the very same weekend it was reported the two were no longer dating. What to believe any more?:

Despite word that the pair had split, the source said, 'Oh they're still on alright. He's into her too - but he does enjoy his women'

Johnny Depp and his British lawyer girlfriend Joelle Rich are still a couple and spent the past weekend together, DailyMail.com can reveal

Sources told DailyMail.com that Rich, 37, remains 'crazy' about Depp – with the stunning lawyer flying into Las Vegas on Wednesday from her home in London to see the actor perform and Johnny welcoming her with open arms.

Recent buzz had the pair split, but her appearance in Vegas last weekend told a different story.

Pffff...

:p;):)

Last edited:
Insiders said the working title of the new film, being made by Disney, was A Day At The Sea.

A source said: “Johnny is set to return as Captain Jack Sparrow and is scheduled to start filming at the beginning of February at a top secret location in the UK.

“Everything is in the early stages and there is still no director attached to the project, which is being called A Day At The Sea.

“Johnny is expected to do a test shoot in early February before the production gets fully underway.

“A call sheet has been distributed among those in the know.

“Bruce Hendricks, who worked on the first three films, is named as the Executive Producer on the new project

View attachment 382246View attachment 382247

Johnny Depp to return to Pirates Of The Caribbean franchise as Jack Sparrow​

Months after his highly-publicised defamation trial, Johnny Depp is returning to lucrative Disney franchise Pirates Of The Caribbean.

Well I'm confused.

Executive re-shuffle at Disney -- so maybe?

We saw the first Pirates movie at the Sacramento 6 Drive-In on Family Night.

I'd love to see another, but today that's likely up to Johnny Depp.

Might be hard to schedule with the announced documentary?

jmho ymmv lrr

I wonder how many people in the world just want her to shut up and go away?
Spoiler alert: They won't win this appeal.

Virginia lawyers on SM have been saying, in their experience and knowledge of the court system and backlog, that we'll most likely be in technical suspense until December 2023 at minimum; but IME it's all a pile of desperate straw grabbing nonsense.

Amber Heard has settled her defamation case against ex-husband Johnny Depp, she announced in an Instagram post on Monday.

Heard, 36, called the decision to settle with Depp, 59, "very difficult" adding that it followed "a great deal of deliberation."...
So all these high priced attorneys weren't gonna win an appeal. jmo.

Statement from Johnny Depp’s lawyers

We are pleased to formally close the
door on this painful chapter for Mr. Depp, who made clear throughout this process that his priority was about bringing the truth to light. The jury's unanimous decision and the resulting judgement in Mr. Depp's favor against Ms. Heard remain fully in place. The payment of $1M - which Mr. Depp is pledging and will donate to charities -
reinforces Ms. Heard's Angenette Levy © ment of the conclusion of
i4.6K Tweets egal system's rigorous pursuit jor
justice. -- Benjamin Chew and Camille Vasquez,
attorneys for Mr. Depp

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members