VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The text upbove is scary.
Your post prompted me to go back and have a look at the trial exhibits. There are some more texts not shown during the trial, plus excerpts from Amber's journal that I don't think were published either.

Quite interesting how she claimed the journal entries were about Johnny's abuse of her. From what I've read so far, she repeatedly apologies for her behaviour. She calls herself 'crazy', and says she's sorry for hurting him.

I know victim's apologise when they've done nothing wrong in order to keep the peace, but these entries just don't feel like that.

Obviously she was caught out in her lies, it's just seeing it in black and white out of her own mouth makes it feel more concrete.

ETA: Home Page

Last edited:
Your post prompted me to go back and have a look at the trial exhibits. There are some more texts not shown during the trial, plus excerpts from Amber's journal that I don't think were published either.

Quite interesting how she claimed the journal entries were about Johnny's abuse of her. From what I've read so far, she repeatedly apologies for her behaviour. She calls herself 'crazy', and says she's sorry for hurting him.

I know victim's apologise when they've done nothing wrong in order to keep the peace, but these entries just don't feel like that.

Obviously she was caught out in her lies, it's just seeing it in black and white out of her own mouth makes it feel more concrete.

Thanks for clearing that up! I wondered if that was ALL of the discovery or just exhibits as published in trial and I was understanding it was the latter so I haven't bothered looking through all of it yet.

Right, it is those texts you describe, added to her audios where she chases after him, wanting to continue the arguments. Who does that if they are 'afraid for their life' because of a violent partner?

If she had just kept it simple, like he shoved me against the wall and slapped me, she would have won the case. But she went so overboard on her storytelling that it made no sense she was beaten, hit in the face multiple times, dragged through broken glass, thrown across the room, SA'd by a glass bottle, and she then goes and takes a sleeping pill in the same house as her abuser. And makes him coffee the next morning? Meets with 2 medical professionals the next day and sys nothing about the alleged assault and they don't see any injuries.

Her vindictiveness got the best of her and so she lost the case.

He’s cool but his voice needs work. ;)
IMO JD’s voice and confidence on stage has improved tremendously since the clip shown here from June 4th!

Hard to critique from amateur cell phone vids of course.

Love that the crowd is showing so much support right after the June 1st verdict.

Rock on, Johnny.

During her with Savannah Guthrie, Amber Heard , presented a binder of allegations against ex-husband Johnny Depp and shared that she still loves the “Pirates of the Caribbean” actor.

The Friday interview, however, was far from a ratings bonanza for NBC despite Heard’s post-trial reflections and revelations.

The one-on-one conversation between Guthrie and the embattled “Aquaman” actor delivered a 0.3 rating in the key demographic of viewers ages 18-49 and 2.3 million viewers, per Nielsen. Heard’s appearance struggled to elevate “Dateline” past its normal ratings and brought in the show’s second-smallest audience since November,

Leading up to the special, NBC teased numerous buzzy snippets of the Q&A. But come Friday, the episode couldn’t quite live up to the hype, even falling behind a repeat episode of ABC’s “20/20,” which garnered 2.6 million viewers.

[…]

"Watching the interview from home, Danny Deraney, a Los Angeles-based crisis communications expert, cringed. How did pointing out that Depp was an actor help make Heard's point?"

"He's also not Captain Jack Sparrow. He's also not a cop who's hanging out in a high school arresting kids for drugs or whatever," Deraney said. "The moment she said that it was like, 'Oh my god, how much more time is left in this interview?"

"The experts largely agreed: the interview had been a failure and that it may have been a mistake to do it at all."

"Watching the interview from home, Danny Deraney, a Los Angeles-based crisis communications expert, cringed. How did pointing out that Depp was an actor help make Heard's point?"

"He's also not Captain Jack Sparrow. He's also not a cop who's hanging out in a high school arresting kids for drugs or whatever," Deraney said. "The moment she said that it was like, 'Oh my god, how much more time is left in this interview?"

"The experts largely agreed: the interview had been a failure and that it may have been a mistake to do it at all."

From the article:

"Of the three claims made in her counterclaim against Depp, jurors gave her just one win, affirming Depp defamed her through his lawyer Adam Waldman. But while that victory came with $2 million in compensatory damages, it gave $0 in punitive damages, indicating jurors didn't necessarily believe Depp was to blame."
BBM

Last edited:

From the article:

"It's almost like she went rogue …I would've probably not allowed my client or at least I would've definitely lobbied against her doing this," he said."

"You know the saying that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones? I think it's clear she lived in a glass house and by writing an op-ed and putting herself out there as a victim before the world, she was choosing to throw the first stone and I think it boomeranged back on her," Nierman added."

During her with Savannah Guthrie, Amber Heard , presented a binder of allegations against ex-husband Johnny Depp and shared that she still loves the “Pirates of the Caribbean” actor.

The Friday interview, however, was far from a ratings bonanza for NBC despite Heard’s post-trial reflections and revelations.

The one-on-one conversation between Guthrie and the embattled “Aquaman” actor delivered a 0.3 rating in the key demographic of viewers ages 18-49 and 2.3 million viewers, per Nielsen. Heard’s appearance struggled to elevate “Dateline” past its normal ratings and brought in the show’s second-smallest audience since November,

Leading up to the special, NBC teased numerous buzzy snippets of the Q&A. But come Friday, the episode couldn’t quite live up to the hype, even falling behind a repeat episode of ABC’s “20/20,” which garnered 2.6 million viewers.

[…]

If the televised interview fell behind a repeated show I wonder if a book publisher would even want to touch her should she decide to write a book? The money for them just may not be there. jmo.

I could be wrong but I kind of doubt it will be recorded because it's on a Friday and may fall under the "housekeeping" portion of proceedings rather than something the public can attend?
I agree, probably not televised. I admit i did not look at Court TV on Fridays to see if they would check in, though...
Thanks for clearing that up! I wondered if that was ALL of the discovery or just exhibits as published in trial and I was understanding it was the latter so I haven't bothered looking through all of it yet.
However, that is something to begin to look for under the court docket after Friday, as I've seen attorneys opining that post memorialization of verdict on record sometimes presages an avalanche of other filings, such as the results of the Depp motions in limine that were sometimes spoken of.
From the article:

"It's almost like she went rogue …I would've probably not allowed my client or at least I would've definitely lobbied against her doing this," he said."
The scary thing is, the PR person was snapped by TMZ running around Manhattan with her... either he can't stop her or...?

Aside: her exhibits, aside from the parts you point out - and you are right - continue to be hilarious to me. Like, what is the point of her including the same blurry xeroxes of her island photoshoot that Plaintiff's side offered?!? I assume they wanted originals to show her unbruised state, does Elaine think they prove the contrary because they are so bad in quality??

Abusers apologize too, to get back in good graces with their victims. I think that’s her pattern.

Here is where you can find the (very boring) docket for the current court case:

Below are the necessary court case details to retrieve it/know when you have found it:

Case Number: BC713123
GREGG ROCKY BROOKS VS JOHN C DEPP ET AL

Filing Courthouse: Stanley Mosk Courthouse

Apart from allegedly being scheduled to go to jury yesterday, there are no updates.

None of the links seemed promising to me in terms of turning over any underlying detail.

As per it, Agence France-Presse has inquired about being able to have cameras present in court... which is interesting, as no reports coming out of France indicate that they have cared about JD's US landslide; and Law & Crime recently tweeted that their petition to be allowed to cover it was denied.

I imagine AF-P will/has also been similarly slapped, but maybe not.

Last edited:
He’s cool but his voice needs work. ;)

IMO JD’s voice and confidence on stage has improved tremendously since the clip shown here from June 4th!

Hard to critique from amateur cell phone vids of course.

Love that the crowd is showing so much support right after the June 1st verdict.

Rock on, Johnny.
They do say the more you exercise your voice the better it gets… he would probably benefit from voice lessons, if they can ever make him stop moving long enough to get them, lol.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back