VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate James is the Australian lady PA who said AH is cheap AF; and that Johnny had in fact taken special care of and around her dazzled young son, giving him guitar pointers and letting him swim at his house with the security guards.

She has given statements/testimony in both cases.

Thank you! I even watched that ladies testimony and still forgot who she was. I'm afraid my age is starting to show. lol

While this may or may not have happened to Heard, I don't believe this statement from the expert can be so easily dismissed.

"As I stated earlier, most women try very diligently to put that sexual violence in a box, bury it down, not want to talk about it, not want to have anything related to it come up".
"This is the one thing that women are afraid of - no-one's going to believe them".

… how about just leaving?

not begging the guy to ‘get back with her’, but just, IDK… leaving?

this is not the poor lady heroine of that 80s classic with Farrah Fawcett, “The Burning Bed’ (a true story IIRC).

she can just, you know, leave.

Half the time he’s taken care of the leaving for her, and she couldn’t, wouldn’t put up with that, either.

even after he supposedly brutally raped her; and not because she’s financially dependent upon him for her household, or because nobody would believe her - According to her, all her friends and family in fact believed her; even though some of them were simultaneously sending him loving texts.

which is exactly, exactly the point.

just because something is possible, does not in fact mean that it is appropriately or remotely plausible to and in every/any situation; and there are, IMO, a lot of assumptions being made on the part of those who defend Heard, up to and including at minimum whether just because she (1) says things that have commonalities with lots of other DV victims; (2) is a woman, does that mean she should automatically be given the benefit of the doubt for statements that anyone could in fact fake.

‘Why would she fake them?’

‘Well… why would she not? It netted her almost 15 million dollars; and she’s still default seen as the victim by much of the world.’

ETA: monetary gain is a huge motive for crimes and lies. It always has been. For her attorney to keep chirping ‘whose lot in life has ever been improved by being seen as a victim of domestic violence?’ in all her cases, is disingenuous in the extreme.

15 million dollars can improve a lot for people, including meaning they never have to work again for a day in their lives.
Absolutely. Not trying to get off track but I have ptsd from severe domestic violence and nothing about Amber’s presentation suggests real ptsd which is extremely debilitating due to nightmares, flashbacks, startle response, fear, depression and a real terror of the abuser.

A question and scenario is being played out elsewhere, by lawyers watching and discussing the live stream during court.....That one of the very lengthy sidebars today, during the expert psych docs testimony, was that she " May have opened the door" by testifying that "We don't have evidence of it ( her emotional instability, her affect dysregulation ) before" was not true, and the door to testifying and discussing AH's past history of DV can or may be allowed to come in.

If this is true....it is a major blow to AH and company. I just rewound my live feed's tape...to go through it and get the vocab used

god, I hope so… I feel terrible that Johnny Depp has to be revictimized with these allegations and relive it and its being discussed by anybody and everybody for days to weeks, without being able to do any rebutting in the interim.

Sky News

'I got eyes down there'

Amber Heard's lawyer Elaine Bredehoft asks Dr Dawn Hughes about the physical violence that the actress reported to her.

Dr Hughes tells the court Heard told her Depp had "pushed" and "shoved" her, "slapped" and "choked" her, "slammed her into a wall" and kicked her.

She says Heard reported injuries such as bruising and cuts, and "vaginal pain" from sexual assaults, and that she said she lost consciousness on a couple of occasions - in Australia in 2015 and in LA later in 2015.

The psychologist tells the court she found "coercive control" by Depp to be "quite significant".

She says there were "many, many incidents" of Depp interfering in Heard's career. He didn't want her to appear nude or show "t*ts and *advertiser censored**" and didn't want her to work with certain actors.

He also criticised the actress's ambition, Dr Hughes says, and it made her "fearful" to look at scripts or talk about roles.

Depp would call actors and actresses and even directors she worked with, Dr Hughes says Heard told her, telling them: "I got eyes down there."

He also tried to control what she wore and didn't want her "dressing like a w****", the psychologist tells the court.

This is all based on Heard's reports to her.

I do not believe a word AH says anymore after the multiple lies she has been caught in :rolleyes:...
JMO

I do not believe a word AH says anymore after the multiple lies she has been caught in :rolleyes:...
JMO

i agree. Possessiveness is not attractive, but it doesn’t automatically dovetail with abuse; and he wasn’t wrong. The elevator cams show it’s highly likely IMO that Heard cuckolded him in his own home while he was bending over backwards to acccommodate her and her entire retinue; and the testimony of Erin Falati née Boerum confirming it today from AH’s own words to her, might very well be the damning reason why her team in fact brought forward the broken bottle BS.

Whatever the name, "groupies" "fans", certainly there are none of them for AH here. :D
Boy I made a big mistake using the term "groupies" it was a really a reference to other live stream chats where it is clear they are not trial watchers at all..they are groupies. This is one tough crowd...will just read and watch.

No, I'm sorry. That was way harsher than I intended it to be. A flaw of mine!

It's no problem at all! I completely understand and I appreciate all you do on this thread! I miss a lot of testimony throughout the day and am so grateful to read your posts and catch up with the daily happenings! Thank you!

So I am reading…
People just don’t like abusive liars & no PR firm can change that!

MOO

I mean… what goes through your head when you contemplate saying these things?

AH claims to have a nervous breakdown or something - after JD claims the same about realizing his wife has just lopped off the top of his finger - and yet, her reaction is a mental, well, near-quip -

“‘Gawrsh,’ I thought, ‘sure hope he isn’t using the broken bottle!’”

Does this seem to be the thought process of any human???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buck_317