VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not certain that AH purposefully and deliberately hurt JDs career. I think she wanted to be seen as a victim because that is what the younger people who grew up in the cancel culture and the Me Too movement want--to receive sympathy via social media for being victim and receive status for overcoming adversity. Frankly JDs career damage came not so much from AH but from the media amplifying and repeating AHs claims, trying to excite public controversy and increase sales/advertising revenue by offering the public titillating stories about the rich and famous.

I agree with your contention, as AH runs around with more than one activist peer (the oft-testified-to, as-yet-unseen, iO Tillett Wright, just to name one person).

I remember
I remember
I remember

Most of her I remembers IMO signal she is creating this narrative as she testifies and NOT remembering something real.

you know, like when someone starts a sentence with "to be honest" or "honestly" they are about to tell you a whopper?

Face
floor
carpet
hardwood
sigh

Last edited:
This seems fairly standard if you are AH, who has in fact said in the past about herself, "you can't become an alcoholic if you stick to red wine".

I mean, I'm pretty sure you can in fact become an alcoholic on beer; and her thought process appears to be "because wine is a thing my parents never really got into, and thus I have no predisposition", but IIRC, that is what the addiction treatment industry calls "stinking thinking"; and again, she told Nurse Erin that she "used to" be addicted to cocaine, thus she is an addict; and addicts have told themselves some amazing stories to justify keeping being addicts, including nonsense like how mixing depressants with uppers supposedly cancels both states of affairs out, etc., etc..
And now the MDMA in Australia: isn't this just a month after their wedding? A couple of weeks ago we heard that she and her friends had a bag of MDMA after the wedding, didn't we? And now MDMA is shocking? Was the MDMA bag substantiated by anyone other than Depp (I think that is where the info came from).

What is totally unknown, is the jurors, and their life experiences. We here at WS have a plethora of information, and life experiences to aid in our perceptions. Many here have some personal DV, alcohol, and addiction knowledge to personally add to and have understanding of. It's an unknown. The "story telling" is key here.

I agree,he is far from blameless.

I also think he found himself in this situation in no small part down to ego, there's no fool like an old fool as they say,and his must have been bouyed by the attractive young starlet who seemed so enthralled with him.

I wonder when he realised he had made a massive mistake.

I freely admit I've been a fan of his for many years but that wouldn't make a difference if I thought for a second Amber's story was true,(I know nobody is suggesting otherwise) and I'm not blind to his faults either but respect that he admits them, owns them and has laid himself bare in front of the world and especially his peers because he knows he didn't do what she says, he isn't the man she told the world he is.

That's why I'm team Johnny.

Agreed; and also, I note that to some extent both may have been afflicted by the fallacy of sunk costs; otherwise known as "I'm in this deep and have devoted this much time, and to start over again with someone new is a pain and takes time".

I mean, because we know very well about Amber's dalliances and despite fishing for it, she hasn't yet gotten any proof to proffer about any such dalliances on on JD's part, I tend to think it's he working on the fallacy and that she could have just up and left; but YMMV.

She had visible options, and leaving JD for one of these visible options would have undoubtedly made her look like the strong one and JD the weaker; but IMO, she couldn't resist having her cake and eating it too.

Also, the more we learn about their marriage from both of their word choices, the more we figure out just exactly what Amber might have taunted Johnny with.

Do any of us really have any reason to doubt that, if she already says/admits in her lexicon failing to fight back makes you unmanly, and being a drug/alcohol addict makes you unmanly, that she would have also scrupled to say to him personally, that having a currently/then low sex drive (a situation which indeed changes and mutates for both sexes, AFAIK), also makes him unmanly?

she is a deeply cruel person....out for revenge and trying to hurt Johnny with all she's got bigtime........the op-ed and this testimony is a deeply disturbing display of the depths of her maliciousness....she is pissed to no end that he ended her fantasy life and all the riches that came with it....it is so cruel of her to lay bare all his admitted weakness and addiction problems with the photos, etc.....addiction is such a terrible disease that many suffer so terribly and she has no problem exploiting him for her hoped benefit

And now the MDMA in Australia: isn't this just a month after their wedding? A couple of weeks ago we heard that she and her friends had a bag of MDMA after the wedding, didn't we? And now MDMA is shocking? Was the MDMA bag substantiated by anyone other than Depp (I think that is where the info came from).

Gina Deuters said they offered her a tab, and then the now-forbidden and court- sanctioned Eve Barlow went digging about amongst GD's social media, getting GD (and her testimony) disqualified and stricken from the record.

she is a deeply cruel person....out for revenge and trying to hurt Johnny with all she's got bigtime........the op-ed and this testimony is a deeply disturbing display of the depths of her maliciousness....she is pissed to no end that he ended her fantasy life and all the riches that came with it....it is so crulel of her to lay bear all his admitted weakness and addiction problems with the photos, etc.....addiction is such a terrible disease that many suffer so terribly and she has no problem exploiting him for her gain

I know, and I can even sometimes see some points; i believe Amber when she says that she was having dialogues with JD about what type of "fun meds" he was and was not allowed, and how MDMA was supposedly one of them; but again, like I say above, she has the same problematic addicts' thinking, "you can't be a drunk on red wine".

I guess she's never heard that alcoholics can indeed occasionally revive an earlier buzz by switching from, say, vodka, to either of whiskey or tequila; and I also guess Texas doesn't have those health classes about how a pint of beer = 4-6 ounces of wine = 2 ounces of hard liquor; I think they both engaged in this type of thinking, and I do think it was deleterious.

I do, however, think that JD is occasionally fibbing/hoping for the best, insofar as he is trying to play it off like he had no idea there would be drugs on the island wedding menu, when GD's testimony did, in fact, back up others' testified contention that it had in fact even been mentioned on the invitations; perhaps JD is afraid to have abstemious moments on his part de facto rolled up into moments where only Amber indulged, but I think juries will see through this, and I hope they don't do much more of such dissimulation on Team JD.

One thing that was a red flag to me was how AH dealt with JD in the kitchen kicking and slamming cabinets. As a survivor when my ex would do that type of thing, I would be looking for my exit and or shaking uncontrollably. AH is busy trying to move her phone to film him and cover her phone with her cup. She was to relaxed for someone whom is being hit over and over in the face. She didn't even flinch and I am sitting over here watching flinching. I know we all handle things differently but sorry I call BS on the hitting by JD.
Agree. Some of what AH is stating is credible in terms of DV victims. However, the overstated drama and her delivery is not credible...from my experience and imo.

“Forgive me, I wish I could remember” ….”just flashes”….

“throwing soda cans….or beer, BEER”….
“glass breaking behind me, feeling one go behind me, feeling REAL velocity”….

the details she can remember and can’t are reallly interesting, to say the least

The closed captioning on CourtTV, seems to indicate to that Amber is currently trying to fumble a la carte based on memory, through explanations/qualifications of the minimum 15 methods of ingress and egress in the Australia house described by Ben the (hired gun third party) estate manager, in order to somehow make her ridiculous "I was a HOSTAGE!" claims about that three-day period make more sense.

JD looks sincerely and personally pained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MollyWobbles