VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does this sentence make logical sense?

"I was walking out of the bedroom, he slapped me across the face, I turned to look at him, and I said, 'Johnny, you just hit me, you hit me!' "

How could he slap her across the face if she is walking away from him and hasn't turned to look at him yet?

Great catch!

I don't believe this claim is true. At least I haven't been able to find the reference in any of the clips I've watched. The beginning starts with her detailing where she's from, giving background on herself.

It may not have been in the first 15-20 minutes but I remember it. I will try to find it.:D MOO

I just googled time limits for civil trials and learned they are called time limit trials or shot clock trials. Apparently it's becoming more common.

Here is an article and it sounds like the Depp judge is using something similar to this

We have not heard of a glowing red shot clock (yet), but we have experienced timers like those used in a chess match and virtual clocks for several parties tracked, to the second, by the court clerk.

https://www.iadclaw.org/assets/1/19/TrialTechniquesTactics_December_2018.pdf

Her long winded answers... just too much. Mind numbing. If she was asked a simple question -- did you get married after that? -- she would respond with a soliloquy about details about the wedding. Would not answer with a yes or no. She was not helping herself. Cross is going to be something. JMO.

The length of time she tries to make eye contact has to feel uncomfortable and awkward for the jurors. I'm not even a juror and I feel it.

I was just saying the same thing @Tippy Lynn to my best friend today! I cannot imagine how uncomfortable they are. AH is trying to garner sympathy and a "buy-in." She stares for long periods at them, creepy and awkward:eek:.

MOO

What will we do until Monday, May 16? Sincere question.
Take a full week to recover from the last two days of listening to a cringeworthy hack job of an amateur acting monologue on DV by a sad actress with a personality disorder and misguided obsession with fame who will stop at nothing to destroy the one man who's shadow she can't stand to be in.
Allegedly, of course.

Or catch up on laundry...

Question regarding objections here...
I typically follow criminal trials and not so many civil. I am suprised at the talking objections being allowed from EB. I find her to be disrespectful to the judge with the way she is argumentative about the objection even before the judge has a chance to rule on it. Depp's team, for the most part, request to approach as most attorneys do in a trial to further explain the objection out of earshot of the jury. Is this etiquette not required and/or more lax during a civil trial? Or is EB just that awful of a lawyer?

@Rhozwen I was thinking exactly the same, how does EB get away with this? She interrupts the judge after judge says sustained. Then whines that something is or isn't without any regard to what the judge just ruled! Are civil cases much looser or is this judge too weak to stand up to her and not tolerate this nonsense?

MOO

@Rhozwen I was thinking exactly the same, how does EB get away with this? She interrupts the judge after judge says sustained. Then whines that something is or isn't without any regard to what the judge just ruled! Are civil cases much looser or is this judge too weak to stand up to her and not tolerate this nonsense?

MOO
Comes down to what the judge tolerates. The judge could nip it in the bud if she wanted. JMO.

I've only been dipping in and out of this trial. Watched a bit today.

She is a terrible actress, oh my giddy aunt. It's laughable how bad she is. I can't remember ever seeing her in anything, I'm hoping she's not trying dramatic roles. Yikes. It's clear she considers her testimony her greatest role thus far.

I bet the jury can not WAIT to discuss this. She is completely unbelievable.

Oh, and clearly completely unstable. She and Sherri Papini should hang out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MollyWobbles