VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it not possible to bring this up during the cross of Whitney, or would it have been considered hearsay? Totally different story Whitney told Howell.

They did ask a couple of questions from this but I'm thinking it would have only been allowed in if she had disagreed with the questions being posed? maybe? Or maybe they will use this witness for rebuttal if needed?

Sky News

'His voice would carry through the halls of the house'

The court is now listening to a recorded deposition from Amber Heard's former acting coach Kristy Sexton.

She tells Heard's lawyer Elaine Bredehoft that when she saw Heard in 2017 the actress was "really driven" to do a lot of work and "to get to the next phase of her career".

Ms Sexton goes on to say she observed changes in Depp during the times she spent at the couple's penthouse in Los Angeles.

"Johnny became I would say much darker as time went on. Figuratively and literally he would sit in a dark room, the art overall changed," she says.

Ms Bredehoft asks if she ever heard Depp and Heard fighting and the acting coach replies: "I would just hear of him yelling.

"His voice would carry through the halls of the house and then I remember one time Amber was trying to get out of the room and then the door shut again and I could just hear muffled yelling on his part."

The lawyer then asks if it is her understanding that Depp had an opinion on what acting roles Heard should take.

Ms Sexton replies: "There were a couple of occasions where I heard Johnny say 'why would you want to do that type of role?' and 'my woman isn't going to play the type of role'. Stuff like that I heard a few times from him."

Was it not possible to bring this up during the cross of Whitney, or would it have been considered hearsay? Totally different story Whitney told Howell.
I’m wondering that myself!
This is the first I’ve heard about JH’s statements.
Hoping someone here with more knowledge like @squareandrabbet will fill us in!

Sky News

'His voice would carry through the halls of the house'

The court is now listening to a recorded deposition from Amber Heard's former acting coach Kristy Sexton.

She tells Heard's lawyer Elaine Bredehoft that when she saw Heard in 2017 the actress was "really driven" to do a lot of work and "to get to the next phase of her career".

Ms Sexton goes on to say she observed changes in Depp during the times she spent at the couple's penthouse in Los Angeles.

"Johnny became I would say much darker as time went on. Figuratively and literally he would sit in a dark room, the art overall changed," she says.

Ms Bredehoft asks if she ever heard Depp and Heard fighting and the acting coach replies: "I would just hear of him yelling.

"His voice would carry through the halls of the house and then I remember one time Amber was trying to get out of the room and then the door shut again and I could just hear muffled yelling on his part."

The lawyer then asks if it is her understanding that Depp had an opinion on what acting roles Heard should take.

Ms Sexton replies: "There were a couple of occasions where I heard Johnny say 'why would you want to do that type of role?' and 'my woman isn't going to play the type of role'. Stuff like that I heard a few times from him."

I'm not impressed. We know how loud Amber was. We heard her for ourselves on audio. I'm not impressed by her talking about what "roles" AH would take, either, without us knowing what the role was. Maybe it was a slutty role. How do we know?

Her testimony seems to contradict the audio tapes of AH being the one who wanted to talk and stay with JD, not the other way around.

They did ask a couple of questions from this but I'm thinking it would have only been allowed in if she had disagreed with the questions being posed? maybe? Or maybe they will use this witness for rebuttal if needed?
I’m going to guess that Howell will be part of Depp‘s rebuttal to impeach Whitney’s testimony.

I’m going to guess that Howell will be part of Depp‘s rebuttal to impeach Whitney’s testimony.
yeah I watch one of these YouTube lawyers stream and they said they can't bring in Howell's statement because that's hearsay. Howell will have to come in and testify and bring in that statement herself.

Last summer I stood by AH. I am ashamed of myself.

This article shows step by step what JD endured. I don't know how he survived. This is a MUST read article.

When you hear those recordings - AH sounds hysterical, screaming, sobbing saying things like ''please don't leave please, you're gonna kill me!'' over and over, it's frightening.

I 100% believe Johnny didn't want her to take her life - I believed him when he said he didn't want to fail. Remember this was his first relationship after being with Vanessa for years.

Don’t throw tomatoes at me but I think that bruise under her eye looks real. I don’t know if she got it the way she Described however.
Random Internet folks, and JD yesterday via lip reading to Ben Chew, said it’s the remnants of a Botox injection.
What are the dates of RP's deposition?
Today I thought was live, explaining clothing change (??). At least, Rottenborn went to stand at the podium, and someone said the words ‘via Zoom’.
I wouldn’t trust her wanting to make amends this close to the trial. Friends for her benefit.

I love how fast and with assurance Josh is responding, total opposite of his whacked ex.
Josh definitely seemed smarter than Rocky in the UK depo, if defensive and occasionally unbelievable.
I know I'm a few pages behind, but, YES, my own opinion is AH inflicted these injuries to herself.

Look at her disposition:

1. AH “threatened” an assistant into lying to Australian authorities after the actress was busted smuggling her two pooches without proper paperwork. She gets people to lie for her.

2. Earlier, Depp's personal nurse has told how she witnessed Amber Heard "instigate arguments" and "follow" Depp around, "refusing" to give him space to cool down.

3. Bett said that he was that the night in May 2016 that was the final confrontation between Depp and Heard at their penthouse apartment before they divorced. Bett and Jerry Judge, a former Depp employee, heard the 'screaming and shouting coming from Miss Heard' while they waited outside.
Bett said he and Judge 'immediately' ran inside and Heard had a 'look of surprise' on her face.
He said: 'She shouted this is the last time you do this to me. Depp looked at her and said what the hell are you talking about?
Judge tapped Depp on the arm and said boss, let's leave. We exited the front door.'
Asked if Heard had any injuries or redness on her face, Bett said NO.
Less than a week later Heard filed for a divorce from Depp and a restraining order including a photo of her face with a bruise on it."----

In moo this was a set up to fake abuse and she was interrupted...thus why Amber had "a look of surprise on her face."

Yada yada yada......
Also, JD has testified many times that while she was screaming it and when SB ran in, he was ‘20 feet away’ from her.
So are the penthouses furnished? Wine stain, stairs, broken glass, etc ... I can understand that if JoshD thought AH or RP were hurt to take pics of them, but why the concern over the broken furnishings? Was it their personal property? If I was at someone's house where there was a fight, I don't know why I would document the owner's broken things. While I don't think he is lying, these photos are bizarre.
The photos don’t match the body cams…nor Saenz and Haddon report.

I can't believe any of these people when they talk about the "destruction." Pictures never line up with what they are talking about except AUS. I'm tired of hearing everything is demolished and then there are pictures of frames sitting on a bed or bananas on the floor. Seriously.

Sky News

Heard became a 'hermit' during relationship with Depp, former acting coach says

Amber Heard's former acting coach Kristy Sexton is now telling the actress's lawyer Elaine Bredehoft that over the course of her relationship with Depp she became "more and more like a hermit" and would "only leave the house when she needed to".

She goes on to say Heard would lose weight when she was stressed and would "look skeletal at certain points in time".

"I remember right before their wedding she had lost a significant amount of weight, to the point that I was asking her if she was eating regularly," she says.

She recalls one period when Head was "skin and bones" and "much thinner than she normally was".

I’m wondering that myself!
This is the first I’ve heard about JH’s statements.
Hoping someone here with more knowledge like @squareandrabbet will fill us in!
I’m skipping pages to get these quotes in before I cannot, but Jennifer Howell has said many things that did not in fact make it into court in the UK.

More to come once I catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member