VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this testimony is stuff the world already knows: Johnny and Amber were drinkers, drug users, and fought like mad, and broke things.

NONE of that, supports her outrageous claims of physical and sexual abuse she claims to have suffered via the op-ed piece, which is the entire point of JD's counter suit.

jmo

It's difficult for me to understand why these witnesses who have distanced themselves from AH are willing to testify to bolster her story. I mean, I have to believe that they were themselves drained by her emotional neediness and drama. How could they not playback the past & ask themselves whether she was telling them the truth or not? I will say that they've generally been complimentary of Johnny. But I think it speaks to how persuasive this personality type is - that people who are so drained by them and distanced themselves can still testify on their behalf. I'd be like "I don't know her." lol. But maybe I'm just mean! And I also wonder how much the fact that they were feeding off her helps in them believing her bs even after the friendship is over.
MOO - they were gaslit into believing the story she was even then selling. I find AH extremely narcissistic. They are very skilled at abusing while making their victim appear to be the crazy out of control one. Hence their testimony and in some cases (IMO) embellishment at UK trial. Now they feel the must stick to it even as they themselves have figured out the AH is not who they thought she was.

ETA I almost wonder if "someone" - either AH or someone on her behalf made sure to remind them before THIS trial that if JD won, THEY themselves could be subject to a libel or defamation suit because of their previous testimony in UK trial and that it would behoove them to be consistent this time around with that testimony

ETAA Is it true that AH is paying for some of these witnesses counsel who are representing their personal interests during their testimony and or depositions?

Last edited:
I'm almost 48. When I was in my early to middle 20's I had friends that I had met through my (now) husband. They were married. I really liked the wife. The husband was ok.....but lazy. We'd have dinner at each others houses...go camping together etc. No domestic violence that I know of, but TONS of drama. This was before cellphone texting was a thing. I remember being on my land line many many times at home with one of them. Then call waiting would beep and it would be the other one wanting to vent about what the other one was venting about.

It started sucking the life out of me and I had to distance myself. I know exactly how this makeup artist felt.

All of this testimony is stuff the world already knows: Johnny and Amber were drinkers, drug users, and fought like mad, and broke things.

NONE of that, supports her outrageous claims of physical and sexual abuse she claims to have suffered via the op-ed piece, which is the entire point of JD's counter suit.

jmo
Exactly! If I were on this jury I'd be pissed!! But this is typical of BPDs (as AH has been diagnosed by Dr. Curry) it's like the runaway train called State of Arizona vs. Jodi Arias. The floor was dirty, the "parqueet" was such and such etc. There's so much unnecessary filler details that confuses everything. There is no way the jury will recall all these inane details.

I'm amazed that anyone finds this trial just a hot-mess of exposing dirty laundry by both JD and AH. I am amazed that anyone believes ONLY "Heardsay". I am amazed that anyone believes this trial shouldn't be happening based on their opinion that both AH and JD had toxic personalities and used alcohol/drugs. If I were falsely accused of criminal actions that were only based on the claims by AH, I wouldn't care how much of my life was exposed (good, bad, ugly) to clear my name. False accusations that ruin lives is the only thing truly toxic in this case. Justice (even if just to tell everything to the public) is worth this trial.

jmo

ETA: And, rather ridiculous to even imagine doing this only to revive a career.
that is clearly directly at my comment pages ago...fair enough...we all have our opinions.

I'm amazed that anyone finds this trial just a hot-mess of exposing dirty laundry by both JD and AH. I am amazed that anyone believes ONLY "Heardsay". I am amazed that anyone believes this trial shouldn't be happening based on their opinion that both AH and JD had toxic personalities and used alcohol/drugs. If I were falsely accused of criminal actions that were only based on the claims by AH, I wouldn't care how much of my life was exposed (good, bad, ugly) to clear my name. False accusations that ruin lives is the only thing truly toxic in this case. Justice (even if just to tell everything to the public) is worth this trial.

jmo

ETA: And, rather ridiculous to even imagine doing this only to revive a career.
And, rather ridiculous to even imagine doing this only to revive a career.

I also see Depp as trying to save AH from plundering his estate, and trying to save it for his children

Remember this is about $$$$$$ for her in the divorce settlement, because $7 million plus all the extra benefits weren't enough

That is strange for a professional to not know the correct pronunciation.

Hi, I'm not wishing to be argumentative or pedantic but just to mention, in my part of the world, UK, the word 'skeletal' is often pronounced by British academics and medics with emphasis on the middle like 'skuh-lee-tle'. I don't know why and if that is correct / incorrect.

Exactly! If I were on this jury I'd be pissed!! But this is typical of BPDs (as AH has been diagnosed by Dr. Curry) it's like the runaway train called State of Arizona vs. Jodi Arias. The floor was dirty, the "parqueet" was such and such etc. There's so much unnecessary filler details that confuses everything. There is no way the jury will recall all these inane details.

I doubt the jurors are confused :)
I'll be surprised (and disappointed) if these jurors found a shred of evidence to support AH claims.

Hi, I'm not wishing to be argumentative or pedantic but just to mention, in my part of the world, UK, the word 'skeletal' is often pronounced by British academics and medics with emphasis on the middle like 'skuh-lee-tle'. I don't know why and if that is correct / incorrect.

Hi! I agree with you. I've often heard it pronounced that way... "skuh-lee-tle". Maybe because I watch a lot of Brit, Scandi, etc tv/movies.

Thanks for chiming in. I've never heard it pronounced that way before so it seemed really strange. Now I know it's not strange at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sergeantconker