VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO it takes him a bit to warm up. He is reserved and doesn't like being in the spot light as himself.
agree, he is not Jack Sparrow, he is Johnny. In press and in person he is very measured in his speech, he weighs every word. That has been his manner for as long as I can recall. He is much more reserved than the larger than life characters he has created.

Sky News

Did Depp help Heard get the role in Aquaman?

Johnny Depp is now being asked about Amber Heard's role in Aquaman and whether he assisted her in getting the part.

He tells the court that her testimony that he did not help her is "not exactly true".

Depp says he remembers her audition as he was playing with his band, The Hollywood Vampires, in Brazil and Heard had to get back to Los Angeles. This was in September 2015, he says.

After her audition, Heard told Depp that she had been told the film would be shooting in Australia. This was a potential "problem", he says, "it was a concern to Warner Bros".

No details are given as to why this was a problem, but there had been an incident involving Heard and her dogs in Australia earlier that year.

Depp tells the court he had had worked with Warner Bros before so he spoke to three executives at the company. The result of this conversation was that "ultimately she did get the job in the film... I suppose I had curbed their worries, to some degree".

Sky News

'I'd be dead': Depp disputes taking 8-10 MDMA pills

Johnny Depp is now asked about Amber Heard's testimony that he "consumed eight to 10 MDMA (ecstasy) pills at once" while they were in Australia in March 2015.

He tells the court he has taken MDMA "not that many times... in my lifetime, MDMA, six, seven, maybe". He says on these occasions he did not take enough to "properly experience what the chemicals are supposed to do to you".

Depp says he has never taken as many as eight to 10 MDMA pills at once.

Asked why, he says: "Because I'd be dead... I'm pretty sure I'd be dead. I think one would die, probably rather quickly."

Sky News

Did Depp help Heard get the role in Aquaman?

Johnny Depp is now being asked about Amber Heard's role in Aquaman and whether he assisted her in getting the part.

He tells the court that her testimony that he did not help her is "not exactly true".

Depp says he remembers her audition as he was playing with his band, The Hollywood Vampires, in Brazil and Heard had to get back to Los Angeles. This was in September 2015, he says.

After her audition, Heard told Depp that she had been told the film would be shooting in Australia. This was a potential "problem", he says, "it was a concern to Warner Bros".

No details are given as to why this was a problem, but there had been an incident involving Heard and her dogs in Australia earlier that year.

Depp tells the court he had had worked with Warner Bros before so he spoke to three executives at the company. The result of this conversation was that "ultimately she did get the job in the film... I suppose I had curbed their worries, to some degree".
Just want to thank you again for sharing the Sky News synopsis of the trial. It's like Cliff's Notes - perfect summary of what is taking place in the courtroom.

There are countless interviews JD has made and you can watch them on YT if interested. Even when he was on Oprah, he comes off very shy and reserved. And of course he was younger, he wasn't in a toxic abusive relationship, he probably had more confidence.

Perfect example of her anger and lack of respect.

I hope he wakes up, this is difficult to watch. The jury may wonder if he is sedated…because it’s looks like he is.
He's been consistent throughout the trial.
The jury has watched his steady demeanor all along. He's doing exactly what he should be doing--being himself and answering honestly.

I think her testimony was effective and to the point.However because she did not experience this side of him at a different time in both of their lives does not mean it did not happen during the relationship at question. Maybe they brought out the best in each other as I think VP did with JD. The relationship of AH and DP was toxic almost from the beginning. Again I see why they brought her in and I think it was good for JD but don't know who much weight I would give it as a juror. I would love to see VP testify as to a REAL long term relationship with him and did she ever see that side of JD. She has not been mentioned and I am sure JD does not want the mother of his children on the stand or video.
^ True, of course. The Depp of then is not the Depp of now, years and years of substance abuse later.

I was quite surprised that Kate wanted to involve herself with this mess but I'm kind of glad she did because AH should never have brought her name up in the libel trial in the first place. It was a gross error of judgement and I remember feeling really bad for KM at the time, that she was being dragged into something she'd played absolutely no part in, and on such spurious grounds.

Perhaps there was a bit of Kate, past friendship with Depp aside, that wanted to draw a line under the 'stairs' speculation and put AH in her place. Which she did.

Last edited:
Sky News

Blood 'came from my dripping finger'

Johnny Depp is now being asked about his infamous severed finger injury, which occurred during the couple's trip to Australia in March 2015.

He tells the court that Amber Heard was about 12-15ft away from him when she allegedly threw a vodka bottle at him.

"My arm was leaning on the marble bar," he tells the court. He says Heard threw one bottle, the remains of which he says are visible in this picture which has been shown in court.

1653493586416.png

The first bottle "went past my head", he says, and a second hit his hand.

A second picture showing behind the bar is also shown to the court. Depp says an item on the floor is a bloody tissue.

The blood "came from my dripping finger", the actor says, and says he is 99% sure he held his finger with the tissue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmandaRDH