VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering about that. It is just so weird because wouldn't the airport have a zillion cameras? I would think they could have found images of her on an airport cam somewhere if she had really arrived there. And I cannot imagine someone abducting her from there. So much security at airports these days. She would have had to leave with someone willingly not to be noticed.

I have a hard time believing she was abducted from an airport. I have a hard time believing she would not have been captured on surveillance cams if she had arrived there. But I could be wrong.
Well, the answer could be in your first sentence, a zillion cameras means a lot of man hours to review. But I agree that it's unlikely she would have been abducted from the airport.

Well, the answer could be in your first sentence, a zillion cameras means a lot of man hours to review. But I agree that it's unlikely she would have been abducted from the airport.

You wouldnt think but last year didnt two woman come up missing from Dallas in the airport?

RSBM

The text to her mom is what gets me too. It makes me think she had to have known the person who harmed her, even if they weren't close friends. Or maybe she was forced to send the text, but that seems less likely, maybe more likely she was forced to give the information to send it.

Would a stranger know her travel plans and know to send a text to her mom?
If it was someone she had been conversing with about travel plans then maybe she mentioned needing to get there so she could let her mom know as she worried. It could have been a ploy to get out of whatever mess she was in at the time that backfired and the abductor knew it would buy more time if that text happened. A lot of people make the mistake of listing Mom and Dad etc on their phones instead of listing them just by their names. Anyone can then call/text knowing the relationship (the weird stuff we pick up on here for safety tips).

You wouldnt think but last year didnt two woman come up missing from Dallas in the airport?

One woman was elderly and suffered from dementia, IIRC.

And the most recent case involved a woman who left the airport voluntarily:

Woman vanishes from Dallas airport - NY Daily News
www.nydailynews.com/.../woman-vanishes-dallas-airport-arti...
Daily News
Oct 11, 2012 - Jeanne Rysiewicz, 26, was seen on security footage leaving the airport alone, while her family ... She found no sign of her daughter. ... There has been no sign of activity on Jeanne's credit cards or Facebook page, where her ...

If it was someone she had been conversing with about travel plans then maybe she mentioned needing to get there so she could let her mom know as she worried. It could have been a ploy to get out of whatever mess she was in at the time that backfired and the abductor knew it would buy more time if that text happened. A lot of people make the mistake of listing Mom and Dad etc on their phones instead of listing them just by their names. Anyone can then call/text knowing the relationship (the weird stuff we pick up on here for safety tips).

Good point, and I can see someone doing that as an excuse to get away. Smart thinking.

Weird stuff I've picked up from here and too much TV is if possible I would have tried to include something in text to signify I was coerced or in trouble. In my family we even have codewords. Not always possible, I'm sure, but just in case.

One woman was elderly and suffered from dementia, IIRC.

And the most recent case involved a woman who left the airport voluntarily:

Woman vanishes from Dallas airport - NY Daily News
www.nydailynews.com/.../woman-vanishes-dallas-airport-arti...
Daily News
Oct 11, 2012 - Jeanne Rysiewicz, 26, was seen on security footage leaving the airport alone, while her family ... She found no sign of her daughter. ... There has been no sign of activity on Jeanne's credit cards or Facebook page, where her ...

I think there is another one , a blond on her way to be a bridesmaid? Maybe I am mistaken or have cases mixed up..I am bad with time so one might have been the 2012 case but the other one was more recent .

I think there is another one , a blond on her way to be a bridesmaid? Maybe I am mistaken or have cases mixed up..I am bad with time so one might have been the 2012 case but the other one was more recent .

she was a blonde, pretty 26 yr old---just returning from sisters wedding---she was a bridesmaid.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/woman-vanishes-dallas-airport-article-1.1180644

Jeanne Rysiewicz, 26, mysteriously disappeared from the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport in Texas on Sept. 16, on her way back home to Indiana after her sister’s wedding reception.

“We were all getting on the plane and my other daughter has wheelchair accessibility so we went on first, and I saw [Jeanne] back there and I looked at her, like, ‘Hey come on, we have to board the plane,'” mother Barbara Rysiewicz told the Daily News. “She looked a little worried but I don’t know why. And we got on the plane.”

But Jeanne never boarded.

I always call the person who is coming to pick me up when I arrive at the airport so they know I am so far on schedule and they can plan accordingly. If there is a delay later due to the airlines, they have my flight info to check in case I cannot call or text, but they know I should be on my flight.

Was her mom privy to the change of plans? If he had gone straight to the airport, wouldn't the mom have expect her text hours before and then called her when hours went by without a word? By that time, her step-dad had plenty of time to tell her what took place. I wonder if that happened? Did he tell her before the text or was it a surprise to her later the plans changed?
So do I, but I don't know that everyone does. It does seem reasonable that at some point after leaving for the airport she would have texted or called Amber, though.

It's hard to say whether her mom would have expected a text hours earlier because we don't know the time frame, nor whether she'd promised to let her mom know when she arrived at the airport. I'm thinking after receiving the text mom took for granted all was well, but of course I don't know.

I might have missed it, but has it been explained how the initial events played out? I assume her fiancé became alarmed when Katelin didn't arrive on her flight and contacted the family. I'm just curious to know if there was any concern on anyone's part prior to then. Any communication between Amber and/or family members?

If the relationship with her stepfather was not real good, why did her Mom make that arrangement?

Did stepfather call or text mom to let her know change of plans immediately, before it was discovered that Katelin was missing? If so, do we know what mom's response was - okay with it or upset?

Missing, yes, but I don't recall anyone being abducted from inside an airport. Nothing's impossible. Does seem unlikely, though.

Jeanne Rysiewicz was found, and looks to be currently happy with twin babies. Hoping for
the same outcome!

In my family we even have codewords. Not always possible, I'm sure, but just in case.

Same here! In fact, we even have a few code phrases for when someone goes out on a date to make sure they're safe.

Even a stranger who she'd not talked to about her plans could have picked up on that by reading through recent texts. So many possibilities.

Although the situation seems ominous, I feel like that there's still hope the disappearance was voluntary, and Katelin will be found alive and well.

Same here! In fact, we even have a few code phrases for when someone goes out on a date to make sure they're safe.
:thumb: I'm a big fan of codewords. We've used them in my family since my son first learned to talk. It was a while, though, before I realized that adults should have them, too!

I just uploaded my drive down river road on facebook and made the video public but for a limited time .

https://www.facebook.com/dawn.hennis

Disclaimer this is not my real facebook account. I would never make that public.

What a wonderful post! Thank you so much for this! It gives all of us that are not local an idea of what that road is like. It is very narrow and looks to be well travelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member