VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by LaborDayRN
For a young woman just starting out on her own, it was something. It's probably all the cash she had and would have been lunch/dinner at the airport. This case makes me so sad."

Tears in my eyes here now. Yes, it is very sad. And you're right... she really didn't have much.

Two issues jump out at me.

LE has not said the community is not in danger of an abudctor on the loose.

The family has not been on television or the morning shows pleading for her return.

So does the silence on both issues leave the community up in arms and scared?

My husband is a wonderful, caring father. He would think it.

About his ex-step-daughter that he might not have had a good relationship with? Who knows if he even wanted to take her to the airport? Maybe his ex quilted or bullied him into it? He could have been happy when she said to drop her at the mall - less car time with someone he was not especially interested in. We have no way of knowing.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by LaborDayRN
For a young woman just starting out on her own, it was something. It's probably all the cash she had and would have been lunch/dinner at the airport. This case makes me so sad."

Tears in my eyes here now. Yes, it is very sad. And you're right... she really didn't have much.

I'm so sorry ((((( nic<3))))). I can't imagine what you and yours are going through. Please know that your in my thoughts and prayers.

About his ex-step-daughter that he might not have had a good relationship with? Who knows if he even wanted to take her to the airport? Maybe his ex quilted or bullied him into it? He could have been happy when she said to drop her at the mall - less car time with someone he was not especially interested in. We have no way of knowing.

You're right. We don't know anything about him. He has said nothing and perhaps doesn't care. I just wanted to give the men (husband and son) in my life kudos. They are strong but caring men. :heartbeat:

If someone is your ex you got away from them for some reason.

Yes, but it does not necessarily mean they are dangerous or anything. My first husband was a pretty nice guy and all that. We just grew apart.

Seems to me that a stranger/perp would take the wallet and money before dumping the suitcase(s)/backpack whatever it was.

This young lady didn't dump her own stuff in a ditch and walk away voluntarily.

We still do not know if she ever made it to the mall at all. All we know is that mom dropped her off at the step-father's house and from there - she is gone. She has a GF, was just starting cosmetology school and loved living in AZ. She didn't run away from her life. Someone disappeared her.

Gosh, why do these things happen? Why are young women in so much danger at any given moment?

I believe it was reported that his vehicle was seen in the area of the mall. There haven't been any verified sightings of Katelin.

It may be that he went to a gas station, as they usually have cameras. Either after dropping Katelin off (or possibly trying to establish an alibi). We don't really know where he was, only that he was in the area, so it could be that either the camera only got his licence plate and not the occupant/s, or he was the only occupant at that particular time.

If LE is not asking for people to come forward who was in the mall vacinity at the time of the supposed drop off. Then LE may have figured that she was never at the mall to begin with. So either they know that she wasn't at the mall or they know what she did after getting dropped off at the mall.

Now LE may tell the family that there is evidence that she left on her own accord. But that doesn't mean that the family will tell us since they still want to find her. Jmo.

Also LE may not want Amber to know if they felt Katelin ran away and didn't want to deal with Amber until she is ready. And the family may agree to keep things a secret from amber as well. Jmo. But idk what to believe.

I wonder if law-enforcement called off the family's search where the luggage was dumped because they didn't want to give away the location?

Give away the location....as in what? Exactly where luggage was found within that stretch? Please clarify, I'm interested in your thoughts.

Give away the location....as in what? Exactly where luggage was found within that stretch? Please clarify, I'm interested in your thoughts.

LE could have noticed it was a possible crime scene and probably didn't want people to trample through there before making sure that it wasn't.

Or they didn't want people to plant items. So they could have wanted to scour the area first in grid sections. Which would make it easier to spot if someone from the search party tried to plant evidence that they (LE) knows wasn't originally there. Idk

If LE is not asking for people to come forward who was in the mall vacinity at the time of the supposed drop off. Then LE may have figured that she was never at the mall to begin with. So either they know that she wasn't at the mall or they know what she did after getting dropped off at the mall.

Now LE may tell the family that there is evidence that she left on her own accord. But that doesn't mean that the family will tell us since they still want to find her. Jmo.

Also LE may not want Amber to know if they felt Katelin ran away and didn't want to deal with Amber until she is ready. And the family may agree to keep things a secret from amber as well. Jmo. But idk what to believe.

From what I gathered in earlier reports was that they checked cameras inside the mall, but weren't able to verify her ever entering the mall. Then it was mentioned that she was dropped off in an area with no cams. Which would be the norm for somewhere in the parking lot.

This sorta gave me the impression that a camera on a roof somewhere could have captured SD vehicle, but was to far away to see who or if anyone got in or out of it. That's what gave me the idea that if KA was dropped at the mall (parking lot somewhere), maybe she got into another vehicle and left.

From what I gathered in earlier reports was that they checked cameras inside the mall, but weren't able to verify her ever entering the mall. Then it was mentioned that she was dropped off in an area with no cams. Which would be the norm for somewhere in the parking lot.

This sorta gave me the impression that a camera on a roof somewhere could have captured SD vehicle, but was to far away to see who or if anyone got in or out of it. That's what gave me the idea that if KA was dropped at the mall (parking lot somewhere), maybe she got into another vehicle and left.

So why wouldn't LE ask possible witnesses to come forward of a possible sighting if they knew that the cameras were not able to pick up Katelin. Jmo

I am still going through possibilities even though I feel things went awry before the mall/airport. I'm trying to find any postings regarding which side of the road the luggage was found? I was thinking that if Katelin was dropped off at the mall and had plans to meet someone - could a situation have occurred that put her in the position of needing to jump out of the car with her bag ? if the person turned back around or if she was injured, she may have left it there. This scenario assumes no one else was on the road to witness it so I do realize it may be far fetched .

I just feel the discarding of the baggage was done in anger or fear and not as the result of a robbery or to hide it.

So why wouldn't LE ask possible witnesses to come forward of a possible sighting if they knew that the cameras were not able to pick up Katelin. Jmo
Yea, that's a good point. You know I can understand LE wanting to keep certain things to themselves for the sake of the investigation, but I really don't see why that don't hold a small PC just to clear the air a little.

But from what your saying about not seeming to want a bit of help does give the impression that they have everything under wraps. Or maybe it's just something that's been tossed to the back burner until something new pops up. I'm really starting to wonder.

If they checked all footage in the area, and found what they needed. Then they would not ask people in the area to report anything they saw or didn't see. But you would still think they would?

One poster from the area did say a quick search was done in the area where the luggage was found, and a helicopter flew up and down the River a couple of times.

You would still think they would want the public to report any suspicious activity. For instance, could someone have seen a suspicious vehicle parked in the area where the luggage was found? Could someone have seen the luggage blow off the top of a vehicle?

It's not making sense to me at this point Dex. I'm feeling a bit stumped. It might also be a case where there's just to many Chiefs and not enough Indiains.

I think the Hadsell case was a bit like this too. Where LE didn't seem to be interested in any public help.

Hi - new posting here - been a LONG time (had to take a loooooooooooooong break!) but have been following..

As a gay woman, I am compelled to relate and feel protective of Katelin *and her fiance* but am wondering if it's been discussed if Katelin has any history of mental illness or addiction??

I'm not alluding that she does but am curious as I know when I was 19, I packed a U-haul and headed to Florida w/ my girlfriend at the time. It didn't last but my point is that I can't imagine Katelin just NOT going home to her other half.

I'm not sure if this is voluntary or not at this point but IF it is voluntary, I would suspect there is a history there of something "off."

I haven't sleuthed anyone yet so of course I'm super curious as to the dynamics surrounding her. I KNOW almost for a fact that no 19 year old girl is going to leave her belongings behind, even if she's "running away." (which is why I say, if someone were to, there is a history behind it)

So with my rambling, I'm still on the fence here but am not having a real good feeling. No girl wants to be w/out her clothes, makeup, jewelry, credit card, cash, & phone..

Sure hope she turns up. Alive and well.

Welcome back and thanks for asking these questions. While we may never get answers, it does help to keep those possibilities in mind. We tend to want to solve things based on logic and rationality but in so many cases the person's state of mind or altered mind was such that logic didn't factor in . These are this cases where the ending left us thinking "WOW this can't be what happened" or those cases that have pages of follow-up discussions addressing how the person seemed when in reality we never knew the real person or had a clue into their feelings or life situations. I have no right to know the answers .... but your questions have crossed my mind as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member