VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute. Last seen in Ruther Glen?? This is new information. Where is that? That's not where her SD lives. That's not where the mall is. Does her mom live there? If mom dropped her at SD's i could see them using that town as a location. Of course if they have verified SD's story that he dropped her at the mall then the place last seen should be there.
Very confusing. How was she last seen in Ruther Glen???

Per google maps:

Ruther Glen, VA 22546
https://goo.gl/maps/8uUtRBEtjmJ2

ETA: this is from the google maps link
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruther_Glen,_Virginia

I'm with you
:confused:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If she was really last seen in Ruther Glenn then her case would be a Caroline County case. Flying Jay is in Ashland which I believe is part of Hanover county.

My concern is there is no way to narrow down search areas or theories in this case . Everytime we hear something it seems a new jurisdiction is added Arizona ,Indiana , Springfield, the metro ,the mall ,River RD ,Washington state ,Caroline county ,and now this last since in Ruther Glenn thing.

Who made her namus page?

Ruther Glen? How could that be right? BUT, look at how close that is to the Flying J truck stop. Does someone know something we don't know?

I'm really hoping our original WS Mapper (?was it skibaboo?) will log in soon and take a look at this.
ETA: I can't find the WS link/post to support this, so I am self-snipping this
:blushing:

Mea culpa

I ran a thread search on "NamUs" and apparently anyone can update her NamUs profile
ETA:

Apparently anyone can enter it. The person who enters it must register on the site first (could take a couple of business days, it says) and then the missing person must be verified to actually be missing (see below)

From the NamUs site's FAQ page:

[h=1]Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)[/h]
1. Who can create a missing persons case in NamUs?
Anyone can enter a case, after becoming a registered NamUs user. The case will be verified as an active missing persons case with law enforcement prior to information being published on the site. A National Crime Information Center (NCIC) number or law enforcement case number must be in place before the case is published on the NamUs site (both are preferred). The NCIC number is an official law enforcement tracking number for a missing persons report and can be obtained through a law enforcement agency. These steps are taken to ensure data quality as well as to prevent fraudulent use of the site.

So.....
:thinking:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone can submit an entry or an update but it wont be listed until it is verified.

Shoot Ruther Glen there's 4 truck stops, 2 Flying Js a Love's and a Mr.Fuel. If this is true that this is the last place she was seen how come no one said so?

If this is true IMO either she has friends around there or she tried to hitch a ride.

i'm glad to see that she finally is listed there! But i was concerned when I read that her butterfly tattoo on her arm covered "slash mark scars." I recall that she was following that Baby Don't Cut page and now I'm really worried that she may have harmed herself.
:-(
Where are you Katelin???

Interestingly, there is a lot of research on this - self injury is not tied to suicidal ideation. Not that an individual can't be a self-injurer and suicidal, but it's very different behaviour with different motives. I am certainly worried about Katelin's mental health as a whole, too, just wanted to add a tidbit on this.

Her NAMUS is so vague. Why didn't they list what she was wearing?? Insure someone took notice.

Wow. All very interesting. I've known a few people who have been "cutters". Seems more to hurt themselves, make them "feel" rather than suicidal attempts.

I am definitely getting the feeling that she may have taken off on her own. :( Hope she is okay.

AND... anyone know who is running the new Facebook community page to help find Katelin?

I am so confused :(.

Reading the NAMUS info... the weight is still the supposed underestimate, and the circumstances (specifically what remained in the luggage) seem to conflict with other releases and could be misleading to those trying to help. As someone stated above, I also wonder why a family member doesn't even have a hunch on what they think she might have been wearing like "dark shirt".

BUT on the positive side of things, I am glad some new links etc. are opening up to create some renewed awareness surrounding Katelin.

Wait a minute. Last seen in Ruther Glen?? This is new information. Where is that? That's not where her SD lives. That's not where the mall is. Does her mom live there? If mom dropped her at SD's i could see them using that town as a location. Of course if they have verified SD's story that he dropped her at the mall then the place last seen should be there.
Very confusing. How was she last seen in Ruther Glen???

I think according to the map it is close to moms home. Perhaps it's because that's the last confirmed sighting of Katelin outside of mom and sd? Just taking a stab in the dark. I'm not sure. Seems like one of the only conclusions right off the top of my head that could make sense?

If she was really last seen in Ruther Glenn then her case would be a Caroline County case. Flying Jay is in Ashland which I believe is part of Hanover county.

My concern is there is no way to narrow down search areas or theories in this case . Everytime we hear something it seems a new jurisdiction is added Arizona ,Indiana , Springfield, the metro ,the mall ,River RD ,Washington state ,Caroline county ,and now this last since in Ruther Glenn thing.

Who made her namus page?

Just before the thread was closed for review, I think nic<3 said she was going to contact Namus.

Why is it as hard as pulling teeth to get any real information on Katelin? Then, when we see her Namus, her weight is wrong and it states a different location as 'last seen' than the articles and what LE says? Then we also find out that the arm tattoos were to cover up slash marks?

IMO, Katelins family needs to go public and tell Katelin that if she has left on her own, they will respect that and that no one is angry at her. The need to tell her how much she is loved, wanted, and missed. They could tell her to come home when she is ready and that if she needs help to get home, they will help her. They could ask local reporters to help get the message out. Use the media.

Katelin is in my thoughts and prayers every day.

Man, I go to sleep for a few hours and I'm completely lost!

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Although she's been listed in NamUs, she's been listed on this site as well, with different information. Which one is supposed to be correct?

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1259083/1/screen

View attachment 86826

The posters on this website with the NCMEC logo have been certified as noted below:

Case was entered into the FBI’s National Crime Information Center database.
Waiver from parent, guardian or law enforcement agency giving permission to disseminate photo of missing child is on file at NCMEC.
Posters containing photos of adults labeled as an abductor are included only if a felony warrant was issued for the abductor and information about the abductor was entered into the NCIC Wanted Person File.
Some of the individuals pictured in NCMEC posters were reported missing when they were between the ages of 18 and 20. Law enforcement has entered these cases in the FBI National Crime Information Center database, pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 5779, and has asked NCMEC to disseminate the posters.

Why aren't any of current pictures of Katelin on Namus and NCMEC??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member