VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
katelin was supposedly dropped off at a mall, in the middle of the day, on a saturday, a few weeks before christmas - yet nobody saw her and there is no record she was ever there.

because she was never there. even the police no longer believe she was. and therefore the person claiming that she was dropped off there is a liar. now why would someone lie about that?

nothing has come out about heather and katelin ever knowing each other or being involved in anything together, and katelin was not living here for quite a while before going missing. they could be related but i think its more likely a coincidence.

Agree. Wth

Holiday times while trying to catch a plane post 9/11.

And former step-dad doesn't take her to the airport nor metro?

So he just leaves her at a rundown mall and let her work it out with $10 in her pocket?

Wth.

Is the former step dad slow or gullible or just didn't care or in a rush to be somewhere else or what?

Now if Katelin only had $10 or so; Then how much was the train that was going to take her to the airport stop?

Did she even have enough money?

They have reason to believe she never left Spotsylvania. So where does that leave us. Either she wasn't dropped off to her step-dad or her step-dad never drove Katelyn herself (maybe her phone/belongings) out if Spotsylvania.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

"Person of interest" is a term used by U.S. law enforcement when identifying someone involved in a criminal investigation who has not been arrested or formally accused of a crime. It has no legal meaning, but refers to someone in whom the police are "interested," either because the person is cooperating with the investigation, may have information that would assist the investigation, or possesses certain characteristics that merit further attention.
While terms such as suspect, target, and material witness have clear and sometimes formal definitions, person of interest remains undefined by the U.S. Department of Justice.

They have reason to believe she never left Spotsylvania. So where does that leave us. Either she wasn't dropped off to her step-dad or her step-dad never drove Katelyn herself (maybe her phone/belongings) out if Spotsylvania.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I would think if she was never dropped of at stepdads, he would have told LE that. It seems Stepdad and Katelyn's mom agree on that.

Agree. Wth

Holiday times while trying to catch a plane post 9/11.

And former step-dad doesn't take her to the airport nor metro?

So he just leaves her at a rundown mall and let her work it out with $10 in her pocket?

Wth.

Is the former step dad slow or gullible or just didn't care or in a rush to be somewhere else or what?

Now if Katelin only had $10 or so; Then how much was the train that was going to take her to the airport stop?

Did she even have enough money?

It seems to me she barely had enough money to get home, let alone go missing voluntarily. I wish we would have seen a more aggressive investigation from the beginning.

LE just recently added this to their latest MSM updates, which seems strange?

http://www.nbc12.com/story/33913409/spotsylvania-teen-still-missing-1-year-later

From the article-

[FONT=&quot]Deputies say the investigation shows Katelin never left Spotsylvania.[/FONT]

Isn't that quite a bit different than saying "we have no evidence she ever made it to the mall/airport/Metro?

Since it's not quoted, maybe that's not the exact wording that was used or maybe I'm reading into it too much.

that is the exact wording, it is a big change, and i dont see any other way to read it other than the police believe the stepfather is lying to them.

:deadhorse:

hey hoosier, i just noticed that my "beating a dead horse" smilie could be misinterpreted, so i just want to make sure you know i used towards myself, because that must be the 5th (or so) time that i have made the same point. :)

unfortunately that horse is probably going to get a bunch more whacks...

This only occurred to me because karina vetrano had used the train the day she was killed and this girl used the metro and my question is did Vanessa marcotte by chance take a train or something when she went to see her Mom each weekend? If so then could this person work for a public transportation thing or just stalk his prey at the stations?

This only occurred to me because karina vetrano had used the train the day she was killed and this girl used the metro and my question is did Vanessa marcotte by chance take a train or something when she went to see her Mom each weekend? If so then could this person work for a public transportation thing or just stalk his prey at the stations?

She never used the metro.The stepfather claimed she asked to be dropped at the mall and that she would then use the metro (which she had never used before in her life according to her girlfriend) to get to the airport. But there is no record of her ever even making it to the mall, nevermind the metro or the airport.

The police have now stated they do not believe she was ever at the mall, and (get the horse ready) therefore they must think that the stepfather is lying to them..

well barring a miracle i guess i will see you all back here for the 2nd anniversary...

sorry for being a gloomy gus.

This is one of the few MP cases where I did think it was a possibility that she willingly left. If so, she had to have planned it with some help.

But now I am rethinking, after LE saying they don't believe she ever left Spotsylvania. Makes me fall off the fence...:cowcouch:

From the article-

Isn't that quite a bit different than saying "we have no evidence she ever made it to the mall/airport/Metro?

Since it's not quoted, maybe that's not the exact wording that was used or maybe I'm reading into it too much.

I thought in the first reports LE stated that they confirm the stepfather's car was in the area of the mall in Springfield, although LE never said how they determined this. (Traffic cameras? Other video surveillance?) I believe I also remember reading that LE could not find her on any video surveillance in the mall or the Metro. If she never left Spotsylvania that would explain the lack of video footage. But LE only says that they determined she didn't leave the area because "the investigation shows" it. That statement leaves a lot of leeway there. Do they have electronic tracking of her phone and it never left Spotsylvania? Or is this a deduction by LE that because they can't find her on any video surveillance in the mall or Metro, she therefore must have not made the trip to Springfield? That second approach leaves room for error on the part of LE.

I thought in the first reports LE stated that they confirm the stepfather's car was in the area of the mall in Springfield, although LE never said how they determined this. (Traffic cameras? Other video surveillance?) I believe I also remember reading that LE could not find her on any video surveillance in the mall or the Metro. If she never left Spotsylvania that would explain the lack of video footage. But LE only says that they determined she didn't leave the area because "the investigation shows" it. That statement leaves a lot of leeway there. Do they have electronic tracking of her phone and it never left Spotsylvania? Or is this a deduction by LE that because they can't find her on any video surveillance in the mall or Metro, she therefore must have not made the trip to Springfield? That second approach leaves room for error on the part of LE.

I'm also curious how an investigation can show she never left unless there was possible footage of stepdad driving his vehicle without her in it, but I'd think they would have to have multiple photos or videos of the car traveling with one occupant at several locations at different times to determine with any certainty. One photo at the mall without Katelin could easily be written off as her having already exited the vehicle. But a solo occupant somewhere in between SD's house and the mall points to something else.

If the phone never left Spotsylvania, why would SD claim he took her to the mall? It would have been much easier to say she had a friend pick her up to take her instead or she decided to catch a cab or she was missing when he got out of the shower. I think there was a reason to draw attention away from somewhere or to a specific place.

I just find it hard to believe that LE doesn't consider SD a suspect after their last statement. There really is no other way to twist it, IMO.

Bumpity bump Miss Katelin! You are not forgotten!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back