VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I always wonder if they can't tell the sex of the body how can they say the person seems to have died from natural causes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They probably know or have a good guess, but don't want to put that out there until maybe notification of next of kin (if possible). They probably put the bit out there about "natural causes" or "unlikely a homicide" so no one is freaking out about murderers on the loose. Also decedent could have been found in a likely suicide or with drugs next to them, which would (at first glance), at least be indicative that everyone is safe.

I always wonder if they can't tell the sex of the body how can they say the person seems to have died from natural causes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've sometimes thought maybe it was just that the reporters couldnt get that info? I'm not sure though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

If these remains have been under the bridge long enough to fully decompose, one would have expected someone, ANYONE, on any one of the trains that run through multiple times daily (long before the VRE itself opened in November 2015) to have seen a dead body laying under the bridge...

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm.....

I will also say, most residents of the Fredericksburg area are aware of the areas in which the homeless hang around and/or have their camps. Besides "downtown" Fredericksburg and areas along the Rappahannock River, 9 times out of 10, you will find the homeless camping and hanging out near the interstate intersections. (These would be the areas near major shopping centers on Rt 1 in Massaponax (Spotsylvania), Rt 3 in Fredericksburg, or the Rt 17 area of Stafford). In these areas, they easily obtain money to buy food, beer, cigarettes, drugs, etc, without having to travel far.

I'm not saying that there is not an encampment there, just that it's a 3.5 to 5 mile walk or ride to the closest shopping areas for any food sources, etc. The panhandlers I've seen all over the area are not the type to put in that distance on foot. They want the quickest methods to money, to food and to their addictions as possible.

Aside from the VRE, the new fire department, (which opened next to the VRE in September 2016) and a couple businesses, this particular area was and still is mainly wooded, with the train tracks running alongside. Hit up google earth...it looks much the same as it did 4 years ago when that was taken on satellite. The VRE lot is now paved and there's a fire dept building adjacent to it...otherwise its the same wooded area.

There are no stores within a several mile drive or walk in any direction, and residences are sporadic at best for a few miles until you get closer to Rt 1 in the Lees Hill area.

Maybe it truly is a homeless person, maybe not. I suppose we shall await any word they decide to eventually report. Fredericksburg and its surrounding have been dumping grounds for crimes from other areas for many years...

P.S. I'm also now curious as to what appears to be a white wooden cross that can be seen in this general area on google earth in a small cleared area running through the adjacent woods....

I'm glad there is a renewed interest in Katelin's case. LE must be doing much more behind the scenes than we are being made aware of.... let's hope anyway!

Ok. Katelin supposedly had a lovely visit back home at first to see her family.

But nobody texted her to make sure that she was okay and made her flight , or where she was when she told mom that she decided not to leave after all?

Jmo.

But why hasn't her other family stated that they tried to call her after she told mom that she decided to stay behind with friends.

Because that Facebook page had her family on there. And not one family member mentioned anything about this. Jmo.

They truly acted like it was known that Katelin supposedly made her flight while leaving Amber very worried.

Jmo.

Because I doubt Amber knew more than what the family told her besides the text from Katelin about not being able to make the trip while the news told us that Katelin told mom that she made it to the airport.

Jmo.

But now the news update is saying that Katelin text mom later to say that she actually didn't leave and will stay with friends?

So now it seems like that Facebook page didn't tell the whole truth from Katelins side while leaving her fiance wondering. Jmo

But on a more updated note.

Both Katelins side and her Fiances side really never posted this information on the Find Katelin Facebook Page after finding out. Hmmmm.

Even after the national update. Hmmnnn

So I truly think that Katelin is okay for now. Jmo

I saw remains had been found near the area Katelin went missing. Saw it earlier, but am at the hospital and can't link right now.

I saw remains had been found near the area Katelin went missing. Saw it earlier, but am at the hospital and can't link right now.

2Hope4, I hope everything is okay with you. (being at the hospital). :)

Yes, other remains were found (prior to the Fairfax ones) in Spotsylvania County on February 7th, per this article posted 4 days after the fact they were found...no updates have been made. I am from Fredericksburg, and the location described in the article is a bridge which runs below Mills Dr (Route 17) that has train tracks. Even before the VRE station opened there, trains still used those tracks numerous times daily.

http://www.fredericksburg.com/news/...cle_67caf94d-214d-56f5-a084-2bf326a1ab61.html

The local paper (cited above) and police are typically very lackadaisical in reporting the important things to the general public, much like this entire case has been run and that of Heather Ciccone. These are BOTH very solvable crimes, yet seem to have zero going on. I have seen better "armchair detectives" solve crimes many times on a local FB page called Wall of Shame in under an hour. My point I'm guessing with my additional rant is that there is information they COULD release to the general public that would most likely allow them to receive and pursue more tips in both cases. They however apparently wish to remain tight-lipped about everything, therefore nothing is happening. I'd be raising heck and demanding answers and releasing every detail I knew if it was a matter of me finding my child and/or whomever killed them.

Yes, other remains were found (prior to the Fairfax ones) in Spotsylvania County on February 7th, per this article posted 4 days after the fact they were found...no updates have been made. I am from Fredericksburg, and the location described in the article is a bridge which runs below Mills Dr (Route 17) that has train tracks. Even before the VRE station opened there, trains still used those tracks numerous times daily.

http://www.fredericksburg.com/news/...cle_67caf94d-214d-56f5-a084-2bf326a1ab61.html

The local paper (cited above) and police are typically very lackadaisical in reporting the important things to the general public, much like this entire case has been run and that of Heather Ciccone. These are BOTH very solvable crimes, yet seem to have zero going on. I have seen better "armchair detectives" solve crimes many times on a local FB page called Wall of Shame in under an hour. My point I'm guessing with my additional rant is that there is information they COULD release to the general public that would most likely allow them to receive and pursue more tips in both cases. They however apparently wish to remain tight-lipped about everything, therefore nothing is happening. I'd be raising heck and demanding answers and releasing every detail I knew if it was a matter of me finding my child and/or whomever killed them.
Solving a crime, and being able to secure a conviction in a court of law are usually two separate things. An accused has a right to never talk to LE, and often without that, it's difficult without hard evidence.

Solving a crime, and being able to secure a conviction in a court of law are usually two separate things. An accused has a right to never talk to LE, and often without that, it's difficult without hard evidence.

You solve a crime with evidence. If you have that then you should be able to get a conviction, if you don't have it the crime has not been solved.

Agreed! Both of these cases should've been fairly simple, with a bit of good police work.
And yes- the folks on the WOS would have this figured out within a day or two if they had access to all the info the police have! Lol! They don't play on WOS!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaNaP_2019
Back