VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It seems like her friends picked her out because they knew she was bisexual at one point.

So I wonder if they planned to spice up their love life and use Katelin as a means of doing that.

Because what straight female would want to seduce her female friend while the boyfriend gets to have fun as well.

So hopefully LE check these 2 texts to see if they set Katelin up that night. Jmo

thanks for the links! I'm caught up I think...

Here's my thing... besides that fact that SD looks shady as all get out and that has always been my number1 thought...

Is it possible she really did what the last text to her mom said, which was to stay at a friend's house? Is it possible that SD wasn't the last person to see her? I don't think this is the most likely scenario, but it's possible? A jealous ex? something along those lines?

Wish we had actual locations of the pings instead of vague "so and so miles from that location" so we could map them out.

Well it seems like Katelin was honky dory before the 2 on 1 possible date rape.

But its hard to believe that she was with 2 predators and survived. But is preyed upon a ex stepdad that just wanted no part in her life.

Now I truly do think that Katelin felt guilty for whatever.

But would she allow her stepdad to take the heat because she was too ashamed to go back that day.

Or is the stepdad involved.

Or is he just covering for her since he felt guilty about being a butthead to her in earlier years?

Well it seems like Katelin was honky dory before the 2 on 1 possible date rape.

But its hard to believe that she was with 2 predators and survived. But is preyed upon a ex stepdad that just wanted no part in her life.

Now I truly do think that Katelin felt guilty for whatever.

But would she allow her stepdad to take the heat because she was too ashamed to go back that day.

Or is the stepdad involved.

Or is he just covering for her since he felt guilty about being a butthead to her in earlier years?

It would, IMO be a pretty selfless thing for an "ex stepdad" to know that he will come under fire and scrutiny for her disappearance and just take that fall for her so that she can start a new life or whatever (without any financial means, car, etc) and to still be taking the heat a year later. Since no one has said he was "dad of the year", I'm thinking that is a less likely option.

I think he has something to hide. Whether it is her disappearance or maybe just prior abuse. Maybe she really did leave on her own or fall victim to foul play elsewhere, but if he abused her when she was younger, he may be afraid to take a lie detector test now for fear of that.

Well if we know step-dad texted his ex saying he dropped her at the mall and his phone pinged near his home couldn't we surmise he sent the text after dropping her off and returning home?
Also if he was trying to cover his tracts why would be send a text 8 mind later from KA that she's at the airport. If that text ping isn't near the stepfather home how in the world can he be at the same place 8 minutes apart?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Not sure of their ages. They did also supply alcohol to a minor.
I doubt but I do wonder if step dad knew this couple?

I think the female is the same age as KA. Maybe the male is older.

Thanks, Katy. So the male 'possibly" was the one that provided the alcohol.

I may be wrong, and this might make some angry at me---but I am not sure they couple did anything wrong other than got too drunk with KA, and they ALL went too far together. The girl was supposedly an ex of KA's/ So it may have started as a mutual thing, then they all got too drunk and it spun out of control. But there are lots of grey areas when everyone is drunk and they start kissing each other...

I may be wrong, and this might make some angry at me---but I am not sure they couple did anything wrong other than got too drunk with KA, and they ALL went too far together. The girl was supposedly an ex of KA's/ So it may have started as a mutual thing, then they all got too drunk and it spun out of control. But there are lots of grey areas when everyone is drunk and they start kissing each other...
I do agree and we still don't know where the alcohol came from? Either of the females could have bought or got someone to buy for them.

I am sure many of us on this board have had those omgee...what did I do the morning.
I only said many of us, not all because I am sure some haven't. I wish I could say I haven't but I did have at least one of those ohmgee moments.

i agree, i dont think we can say. its hard to say without more information whether or not Katelin really felt that she was "assaulted".

was the girl an ex? i dont remember that, i just remember it said she was a friend from high school.

and just to be clear - the show seemed to say that they encouraged her to get really drunk and then took advantage of the fact that she was very drunk, if that is what happened and they intentionally did that then yes it is clearly wrong.

and just to be clear - the show seemed to say that they encouraged her to get really drunk and then took advantage of the fact that she was very drunk, if that is what happened and they intentionally did that then yes it is clearly wrong.

But I am not sure how the show would know that for sure. Which is why I am not taking it as a fact. It MIGHT have happened that way. But then again, it might have just been that they were all drunk and stupid.

I used to work in a high school. I heard lots of similar stories about drunken parties. One persons version of events will often differ from another version. And people usually believe their own version too.

^yes i agree, nobody knows for sure, not even the person she was texting imo

But why would the mother of a child decide to let her ex-husband, not the father of her daughter feel comfortable enough to ask/let her Ex take her daughter to the airport as a last resort? She maybe trusted her Ex? Or...

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
My step-dad raised me. If they had divorced when I was younger, I absolutely would have still seen him and had contact. Every family is different, and step parents' level of involvement varies.

920am Katelin dropped off at JRB's house

152pm JRB texts LMS stating that he dropped Katelin off at the metro per Katelin's request, but his phone pinged near his home.

2pm LMS receives text from Katelin's phone "I'm at the airport. Battery dying so won't be able to text for a bit." But at that exact time, police say, Katelin's phone actually "pinged" at a location more than 30 miles from the Springfield Metro stop.

1156 am: AR receives a text from Katelin's phone "Something came up. I'm not coming back today. I'll let you know when I get a new flight. I won't be able to text for a bit." (It's never been clarified if the time is MST or EST)

715pm: LMS receives text from Katelin's phone "I'm staying with a friend. I need some time alone." katelin's phone pings off a cell tower in Stafford, less than 15 miles from where her luggage was found.

NO WAY! She went to SD's house at 9 in the morning? I thought her flight was to leave at 530pm?

NO WAY! She went to SD's house at 9 in the morning? I thought her flight was to leave at 530pm?

Iirc, LMS had to work and that was why Katelin needed a ride to the airport. So she dropped Katelin off on her way to work.

Iirc, LMS had to work and that was why Katelin needed a ride to the airport. So she dropped Katelin off on her way to work.

That is sad and crazy. I hadn't seen those times before. I wish her girlfriend would've spoken out more.

That is sad and crazy. I hadn't seen those times before. I wish her girlfriend would've spoken out more.

I think it's safe to say that after finding out about what happened with the friend and the friends boyfriend, AR probably felt hurt and betrayed and like everybody else, probably assumed that Katelin was missing voluntarily instead of going back to Arizona.
I can't imagine seeing those messages after your girlfriend has gone missing.

So, the whole friend and her boyfriend versus JRB being involved in her disappearance has been tumbling around in my head.

With the new information, I think the information about the drinking, etc being put out there was just to show why it was thought that she left voluntarily originally. Imo, the couple was probably investigated from the gitgo and is in the clear. I think that at this point, if there were suspicion that they had anything to do with it, they would be outed as POIs.

I really think that LE needs to have a PC and clarify some things, especially considering that they declined to be on the show but were willing to verify that JRB is a POI. I wonder if they have searched or plan to search the area where her phone last pinged.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back