Found Deceased VA - Kathleen 'Katie' Barham, 32, Portsmouth, 27 May 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm at work and not allowed on youtube. Womp womp.

Does this video support the decomposition time of the found body? Or would it suggest that based on weather factors that it *could* be Katie?

Not allowed on YouTube, but you are allowed on Websleuths? Whats the world coming to?

Like I said in the documentary it doesn't say the amount of time each body had been left to decompose so it's hard to compare.

Not allowed on YouTube, but you are allowed on Websleuths? Whats the world coming to?

Like I said in the documentary it doesn't say the amount of time each body had been left to decompose so it's hard to compare.
Thank god I can get on Websleuths! Haha [emoji13]

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Was hoping it would be announced one way or the other if the body that was found is Kathleen, but it doesn't seem like that will be happening today as late as it is.

I'm not from VA or even remotely close, so Idk how far way this is from where KB went missing, but thought I'd share it just in case, maybe some of you that are more local will know one way or another (I found the story on another WS thread from VA also) & this might have already been posted since it happened yesterday.

http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news/crime/2015/06/10/human-remains-found/71003002/

Oh my goodness! I wonder if Katie had an iPhone? What the heck are people in Virginia doing? Here's a pic of a map. Hampton isn't too far from Portsmouth
f27343906c7577198d7a311c6fa9a448.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only reason it caught my eye & made me even wonder was the article posted up thread about "Hampton Road", I don't know if that's an actual road or an area or a town, but when I saw "Hampton", "VA", "dead body found" I figured it might be worth a shot, even if a long shot.
It doesn't look far, but would one have to travel by boat to get from one town to the other? That seems like a large body of water.
I'm in Texas, so having to travel from point A to point B by a ferry or boat is not a common occurrence for us, we'll unless it rains like it did last month, then yea we might need a paddle boat or canoe but not a ferry boat.

Nope. I've been in that part of Virginia before. I-64 goes right over the water. Looks like I-664 does, too. Good eye! I still just can't imagine somebody driving around with a dead body in their trunk. And with expired plates. Like, hey, look at me!

I guess she could have been taken against her will & made to get on the boat, possibly with a weapon or maybe a threat towards her kids or family? Idk just throwing things out there.

I-64 is just like any other interstate. Big highway that goes right over the water. It's 25 miles both ways (I-64 or I-664). Via I-664 it's a tunnel under the water as opposed to a highway over the water

Nope. I've been in that part of Virginia before. I-64 goes right over the water. Looks like I-664 does, too. Good eye! I still just can't imagine somebody driving around with a dead body in their trunk. And with expired plates. Like, hey, look at me!

Well for the officer to find it just from a simple traffic stop for the expired tags, makes me wonder if it wasn't in plain view, like in the backseat or back floor board? Which is even worse.

I'm not from VA or even remotely close, so Idk how far way this is from where KB went missing, but thought I'd share it just in case, maybe some of you that are more local will know one way or another (I found the story on another WS thread from VA also) & this might have already been posted since it happened yesterday.

http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news/crime/2015/06/10/human-remains-found/71003002/

Umm... wow, this is interesting! I'll be looking forward to finding out more about this. And yes, Portsmouth is just a hop skip and a jump away from Hampton.

Thanks for sharing QueenBea13

I-64 is just like any other interstate. Big highway that goes right over the water. It's 25 miles both ways (I-64 or I-664). Via I-664 it's a tunnel under the water as opposed to a highway over the water

Seems like that'd be an awesome drive, in the opinion of a girl who lives in the West Texas Desert. [emoji266][emoji274]

Well for the officer to find it just from a simple traffic stop for the expired tags, makes me wonder if it wasn't in plain view, like in the backseat or back floor board? Which is even worse.

I re-read the article. It just says the officer discovered human remains concealed in the Mustang. On the list of stuff they confiscated it says a black plastic bag with possible human remains

Oh guess I was so shocked by what I was reading & trying to comprehend someone cruising down the road with a body, I musta read it wrong. Sorry.

Lol I meant the bag could have been in the seat or floorboard. I just assumed it was the trunk.

Dad posted on the FB page tonight that there is no verification yet but it doesn't look good.

I think the reports of decomposition were exaggerated by the media. :( just my hunch.

Dad posted on the FB page tonight that there is no verification yet but it doesn't look good.

I think the reports of decomposition were exaggerated by the media. :( just my hunch.

I just seen that and I agree. I think the reporter assumed the body was too decomposed to identify since identification wasn't immediate.

I'm curious how the conversation would start out when a cop was staring at a dead body in the back of your car ??
Maybe something like this :

"Easy now, this ain't even my car !! "

-----------

"I was on my way to Home Depot to buy some lime, do you know where the closest one is ? "

----------------

"What the hell is that ?! " ( feigned surprise)

-----------------

" Stinks, don't it ? "

-----------------

"Don't look at me, you need to talk to that worthless man of mine."

----------------

"Officer, I don't know nothing about this Sh#$T !!"

--------------

"Whaaaaaaaaat !!! ?"

--------------

" Tic Tac, sir ? "

:thinking: :jail: :gasp:

:busted: :copcar:

I'd better link this so people know what we're talking about.

I just seen that and I agree. I think the reporter assumed the body was too decomposed to identify since identification wasn't immediate.

It's not often you hear parents say "it doesn't look good" this early on in an investigation. At least from what I've seen, it takes months for them to come to the realization that their child may no longer be with us. I am wondering if LE said something to the father, but didn't give a definitive yet.

As for the media, I am wondering if the reporter asked LE if the body is a male or female, and LE replied that the body is decomposed and needs to be sent for identification, no further information at this time, etc. The story snowballs from there.

Orrr, it could be a transient who passed away in his tent one night with a bottle of Whiskey. Who is to say anymore?! :gaah:

I'm baffled as to why they cannot either rule her in or out. She had a mouth full of teeth, doesn't she have a dentist around there ? Aren't there dental records available ?

They could do preliminary DNA tests, they can also test for blood type.

It almost seems like they are stalling these results for some reason. Can't tell if it is male or female...? C'mon !!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966
Back