Found Deceased VA - Kathleen 'Katie' Barham, 32, Portsmouth, 27 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's not often you hear parents say "it doesn't look good" this early on in an investigation. At least from what I've seen, it takes months for them to come to the realization that their child may no longer be with us. I am wondering if LE said something to the father, but didn't give a definitive yet.

As for the media, I am wondering if the reporter asked LE if the body is a male or female, and LE replied that the body is decomposed and needs to be sent for identification, no further information at this time, etc. The story snowballs from there.

Orrr, it could be a transient who passed away in his tent one night with a bottle of Whiskey. Who is to say anymore?! :gaah:

Has it been stated that there were no clothes found with the body? Maybe I missed it.

Clothes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even if the body was decomposed, the clothes could still be on it or near it. Just wondered if clothes were found that matched what she was wearing.

I don't think they've released any details like that at all. They've kept details of the body very hush hush.

Has it been stated that there were no clothes found with the body? Maybe I missed it.

I haven't seen anything about that. I don't think they even know for sure what she was wearing the night she disappeared. No description of clothing has been furnished as far as I've seen, even in the missing flyers.

It's not often you hear parents say "it doesn't look good" this early on in an investigation. At least from what I've seen, it takes months for them to come to the realization that their child may no longer be with us. I am wondering if LE said something to the father, but didn't give a definitive yet.

As for the media, I am wondering if the reporter asked LE if the body is a male or female, and LE replied that the body is decomposed and needs to be sent for identification, no further information at this time, etc. The story snowballs from there.

Orrr, it could be a transient who passed away in his tent one night with a bottle of Whiskey. Who is to say anymore?! :gaah:

The father knows something. There is no way he would make the statement he did if he didn't already have a hint that it is her.

Are these cops in the process of doing a bunch of CYA because they dropped the ball on this case, or is there something else at play here ?

I'm baffled as to why they cannot either rule her in or out. She had a mouth full of teeth, doesn't she have a dentist around there ? Aren't there dental records available ?

They could do preliminary DNA tests, they can also test for blood type.

It almost seems like they are stalling these results for some reason. Can't tell if it is male or female...? C'mon !!

LE may be getting their ducks in a row. Otherwise I would think they'd be able to say by now that it is not her, and it would become a Jane/John Doe for the time being. I can't imagine that they can't tell if it's a male or female.

The father knows something. There is no way he would make the statement he did if he didn't already have a hint that it is her.

I feel the same way. Somebody has confirmed without actually confirming.

LE may be getting their ducks in a row. Otherwise I would think they'd be able to say by now that it is not her, and it would become a Jane/John Doe for the time being. I can't imagine that they can't tell if it's a male or female.

Agree. If it was a man, or a child, or African American, or had dentures, gray hair, so on and so forth, they could have definitively said it wasn't her. Obviously, the body "fits" her description at least to the point that she can't be ruled out. I'm wondering if they have been dragging this out to keep an eye on a possible suspect.

If the body is identified as Katie, I will be interested in seeing how quickly an arrest is made. If they announce this is her & arrest a suspect shortly afterwards, I would guess they are taking so long to release the info so they can be prepared to file charges ASAP.

On an above linked story (link below) it says RF filed a missing person's case on May 28. So, if that's the case, it's totally on LE

"Fegan filed a missing persons report for Barham May 28. Portsmouth police confirm a detective wasn’t assigned to the case until Monday, June 8. That has the family concerned and frustrated."

http://wavy.com/2015/06/09/police-searching-for-missing-portsmouth-mother/

He filed a missing person report the following day but didn't call her family til nine days later "because he didn't want to jump the gun"? ........ O......Kay.......

He filed a missing person report the following day but didn't call her family til nine days later "because he didn't want to jump the gun"? ........ O......Kay.......

Did anybody else notice on her FB, there are very few photos of him?

I would be a little more inclined to zoom in on the boyfriend if he hadn't reported her missing at all. After he reported it to police, they didn't even bother assigning anybody to the case and following up. The boyfriend may have thought that once he reported it, he needed to sit back and let the cops handle it. They didn't. After 9 days, he contacted Katie's father, who got on the horn with the PD and started raising hell. Only at that point did they drop their doughnuts and radar guns and begin searching for her. That's a week and a half after she vanished.

Her boyfriend has been pretty upfront and vocal, hasn't lawyered up, and hasn't gone into hiding. For the time being, I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was sleeping that night while she was coming and going while doing laundry.

Keep one thing in mind. She was reportedly last seen at 10:30 p.m.------but at 12:24 A.M., she made a post on her Facebook page. At around 1:30 A.M., the boyfriend woke up and went looking for her, at which time he said he found the clothes in the dryer "still warm".

Was she being stalked by someone as she was walking back and forth to her apartment ? Apparently she was traveling back and forth from one to the other for at least a couple of hours, maybe more.

I would be a little more inclined to zoom in on the boyfriend if he hadn't reported her missing at all. After he reported it to police, they didn't even bother assigning anybody to the case and following up. The boyfriend may have thought that once he reported it, he needed to sit back and let the cops handle it. They didn't. After 9 days, he contacted Katie's father, who got on the horn with the PD and started raising hell. Only at that point did they drop their doughnuts and radar guns and begin searching for her.

Her boyfriend has been pretty upfront and vocal, hasn't lawyered up, and hasn't gone into hiding. For the time being, I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was sleeping that night while she was coming and going while doing laundry.

Keep one thing in mind. She was reportedly last seen at 10:30 p.m.------but at 12:24 A.M., she made a post on her Facebook page. At around 1:30 A.M., the boyfriend woke up and went looking for her, at which time he said he found the clothes in the dryer "still warm".

Was she being stalked by someone as she was walking back and forth to her apartment ? Apparently she was traveling back and forth from one to the other for at least a couple of hours, maybe more.

I agree about the boyfriend! Also, we can't be sure if she kept in touch with her family on a daily basis, if that makes sense. I'm not ruling out the boyfriend but he's pretty far down on my list.....mom's boyfriend is acting shadier than he is, IMO.

I agree about the boyfriend! Also, we can't be sure if she kept in touch with her family on a daily basis, if that makes sense. I'm not ruling out the boyfriend but he's pretty far down on my list.....mom's boyfriend is acting shadier than he is, IMO.

Yeah, but even he lives in a different town. If he was home that night, that's all the alibi he needs.

Robert Poisal is the boyfriend of Katie's mother, who lives in Lynchburg. He made his way to Portsmouth last Sunday to help Rich take care of the kids. He believes Katie may have been kidnapped at a nearby gas station. He says she was low on coins for the washing machine and may have walked over to the Royal Farms or Wawa.

http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news...h-mother-missing-for-nearly-2-weeks/28733137/

Did she ever have issues with drugs? I noticed a post referring to "My life with Heroin" so just curious if there might have been past use.

I don't think this mom has left of her own accord, looking at her Facebook she absolutely adores her children and they do her too! She's so excited about the birthday gift she has to give her son. I hope she gets to give him it! This is just awful, those little children. I really hope she hasn't come to any harm!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back