Found Deceased VA - Kathleen 'Katie' Barham, 32, Portsmouth, 27 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The part of him not calling her parents to inform them Katie is missing is strange and to think that LE would handle it when they are not even looking into her being missing, is even more strange.

JMO

I think him not contacting her parents is a bit strange too but...

And I don't think he said he thought LE would call her parents!

that was just an assumption someone here had.

In regards to the boyfriend not letting the family know she was missing for 9 days ...

Did he actually call them after the 9 days or did they call him looking for her?

My husband prior to us being married did not have my parents or my brother's phone numbers in his phone. We had been dating for 6 years before he finally put my parent's home number in his phone. My parents had his number but he didn't have theirs. Could it be something that simply ... that he didn't have their phone numbers to contact them? We are only 30 but my husband does not use social media (he hates the privacy issues) so he would have had a difficult time trying to contact them. If I went missing I could see him relaying on LE to contact my parents. To this day he still does not know their address since they live in a different state and he has only been to their house a handful of times over the years. Sometimes people just aren't that close to their significant other's family. Just a thought ...

I hope LE has searched their apartment for evidence and his/her car/family vehicle etc.

I'm still up in the air about the person they found near her apartment complex is actually her.

Unless Katie's boyfriend agreed to the search, LE wouldn't have enough probable cause to obtain a search warrant to search those areas.

Of course if there was something obvious like a trail of blood leading from the home or blood visible on the rear bumper of the car, than it's a different story.

In regards to the boyfriend not letting the family know she was missing for 9 days ...

Did he actually call them after the 9 days or did they call him looking for her?

My husband prior to us being married did not have my parents or my brother's phone numbers in his phone. We had been dating for 6 years before he finally put my parent's home number in his phone. My parents had his number but he didn't have theirs. Could it be something that simply ... that he didn't have their phone numbers to contact them? We are only 30 but my husband does not use social media (he hates the privacy issues) so he would have had a difficult time trying to contact them. If I went missing I could see him relaying on LE to contact my parents. To this day he still does not know their address since they live in a different state and he has only been to their house a handful of times over the years. Sometimes people just aren't that close to their significant other's family. Just a thought ...

Katie's entire family is on facebook, not sure about the boyfriend, but they all definitely do.

After nine years of being together, I think he had Katie's parents number or knew how to get a hold of them.

JMO

He's there. It doesn't show much activity but he definitely has a fb page.

Katie's entire family is on facebook, not sure about the boyfriend, but they all definitely do.

:waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting: Have you guys at the coroner's office finished breakfast yet ??? There's work to do !! :waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting:

I hope they release the missing person's report. I think the urgency of the investigation would vary greatly based on how the report was given. If you have some guy come in and say "my girlfriend is missing, but we've been fighting a lot lately and she usually goes to her Mom's for a few days when we are arguing. I just wanted to let you guys know, just to make sure she wasn't in an accident or something".

I can see an overworked and thinly stretched agency saying "okay thanks. We'll keep an eye out, let us know when you hear something. " And then placing the case in a pile of stuff you'll get to at some point. If no one ever follows up with you, you probably figure she returned and you'll get to closing out the report later.

I don't think it's right, and there definitely should have been more following through by LE, but I can totally see how a case such as this slipped through the cracks.

That link didn't work for me, here's a screenshot of the tweet.
dd8be2277ee42f1401fadfaa5e62df04.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think now would be the time for LE to do a pres release. jmo

That link didn't work for me, here's a screenshot of the tweet.
dd8be2277ee42f1401fadfaa5e62df04.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:notgood:

Well, this is sad. And it also means the press really overexaggerated things.

RIP Katie.

Well Sh$%t.............this can only mean she was abducted and murdered then...........now............who and why ?

That's why the cops were stalling.......trying to chase down leads and suspects without tipping anybody off.

They really blew this one bad. The most critical days of the investigation, the first 2 or 3, were completely lost.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back