Found Deceased VA - Kathleen 'Katie' Barham, 32, Portsmouth, 27 May 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah, I can't see her boyfriend abducting her and killing her and then just leaving her there so close to where they live.

jmo

Yeah, I can't see her boyfriend abducting her and killing her and then just leaving her there so close to where they live.

jmo

It has something to do with that homeless camp. She didn't go there by herself, no way no how.

makes me wonder if it was someone living in the same apartment complex as her since the body was found one apartment complex from where she lived.

jmo

If she walked to get coins at the time of night indicated by the moms boyfriend, it's entirely possible that a transient/homeless person took her!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jmo

Not saying it's him, but to play devil's advocate here....

If the kids were at home during the time, he didn't want to leave them long, so he took her half a mile away. Not saying he's the killer (or if she was even killed) but it's something to think about.

Not saying it's him, but to play devil's advocate here....

If the kids were at home during the time, he didn't want to leave them long, so he took her half a mile away. Not saying he's the killer (or if she was even killed) but it's something to think about.

There's a high probability of her being murdered, I'm just saying....no other information came out yet.

Unless the boyfriend or a neighbor is completely psycho, I would think they can *mostly* be ruled out. I would think that if it were somebody like that and there was so much time between her missing and LE actually searching, they would have had plenty of time to move the body somewhere besides across the street. On the other hand, how much would it throw LE off of you than to leave it right there in plain sight so to speak

I have faith in Portsmouth's detectives. Yea, we may only have three for SVU but I think they do a good job. We may not hear anything else until an actual arrest has been made. I'm reminded of the Megan Landowski case that happened here a few years ago. Sixteen year old Megan was brutally murdered and sexually assaulted in her own home. We all speculated on who we thought was responsible. We were all wrong. It took a couple years but her schoolmate was arrested and convicted for her murder. Here we all thought that the detectives were twiddling their thumbs because WE didn't know what they were doing. They had this kid in their sites for quite a while before they arrested him. He was even at a vigil held marking the one year anniversary of her murder. No one suspected him.

Sorry to get off track there. I just know that whoever did this to Katie, will be found (if he/she hasn't been already) and her family will get some justice.

RIP Katie; praying for her children and the rest of her loved ones.

jmo

I can see that too. The kids were no doubt in bed. Can't take off and dump the body several hours from home and chance one of the kids waking up.

JMO

does this particular area of portsmouth have a large population of homeless people?

If she was abducted by someone in the apartment complex I can almost guarantee you it would be sexual in nature. With the time that passed, any evidence might be destroyed. I think the way they found the body (clothing) will tell a big story as to if she was sexually assaulted or not.

If she was just strangled and dumped, well than that kind of points to a different motive all together.

The only other scenario I can think of would be drug related. If she was doing drugs with whoever lived in that homeless camp that was shown in one of the MSM articles, maybe she OD'ed.

I guess we will have to wait and see if an arrest is made and what the cause of death is determined to be.

JMO

Sad to check this thread and see this news :( I hope they catch whoever did this, and soon.

Good point. In reality, it may not be a homicide at all. She could have walked to the homeless camp/area to obtain drugs and OD'd there. That's not that far fetched as a possibility. I hope they do a presser soon

She was being stalked by someone while she was walking back and forth doing her laundry. If she did have to walk down the street to a gas station in order to get change for the washer, that could have been the fatal mistake.

It gave her abductor just enough distance from the apartments to do a snatch-n-grab and hustle her off into the dark without anyone seeing or hearing anything. It is entirely possible it could be someone that lives there as well as a transient that lives somewhere around there.

Judging by the pictures we saw yesterday of the torn tent and all the rubbish strewn around everywhere, it gives you the impression that it could be a transient. That however, may be the EXACT impression said perpetrator may have wanted to leave.

She was being stalked by someone while she was walking back and forth doing her laundry. If she did have to walk down the street to a gas station in order to get change for the washer, that could have been the fatal mistake.

It gave her abductor just enough distance from the apartments to do a snatch-n-grab and hustle her off into the dark without anyone seeing or hearing anything. It is entirely possible it could be someone that lives there as well as a transient that lives somewhere around there.

Judging by the pictures we saw yesterday of the torn tent and all the rubbish strewn around everywhere, it gives you the impression that it could be a transient. That however, may be the EXACT impression said perpetrator may have wanted to leave.

But if the laundry was found in the dryer then she made it back from getting change, didn't she?

The family just announced via FB that they are setting up an account for the expenses and her children, and any other money will be held in account by Katie's father, for her children. They did not say that the money would be held in an account by her fiancé, the father of her children.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ManneyMalo
Back