Found Deceased VA - Kathleen 'Katie' Barham, 32, Portsmouth, 27 May 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The family just announced via FB that they are setting up an account for the expenses and her children, and any other money will be held in account by Katie's father, for her children. They did not say that the money would be held in an account by her fiancé, the father of her children.

Yes, I've noticed that on the FB page anyway, the family isn't saying boo ouch or bye about the fiancé. He hasn't been mentioned or included at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder what clothes were in the dryer. Automatically, when something like this happens you think the significant other may have something to do with someone's disappearance. IF he harmed Katie I wonder if he did the laundry to try to hide evidence. I'm not saying he's involved in her disappearance at all.

JMO

It'd make sense though & a somewhat original story...IF he did something to her, what better way to get rid of evidence than to concoct a story about how the MP was doing laundry while he & the kids slept the night away.
I asked my hubby if I were to go MIA would he contact my mom or police 1st....he said he'd call my mom & friends 1st & then if they hadn't heard from me or knew where I was then he'd contact the police. Which coming from my hubby, makes sense, men are usually simple creatures, they don't look past their own noses when it comes to certain things. I'd think they'd do the normal calling of family & friends BEFORE making a big ruckus of calling out the hounds so to speak. I find it odd that this guy did it the complete opposite.
Also from her FB, it seems that she posted a lot, like multiple times a day, if all of a sudden one of my closest friends or family members just stopped posting & I wasn't able to reach them by phone after a day or 2, I wouldn't hesitate to contact their boyfriend or spouse just to check on them & if I didn't have contact info for the bf/spouse don't think I wouldn't hop in my car & show up at their house to check on them.
And another thing that has bugged me is KB & RF's kids aren't babies, they're older, have KB & RF been together all this time or did they split up & just recently get back together? I just thought it was odd that they weren't married, not that it's a terrible thing I was just curious why be with someone that long, have kids & live together but not get married. Just something that stuck out to me but it's not a make or break thing, just a curious thing.

Yes, I've noticed that on the FB page anyway, the family isn't saying boo ouch or bye about the fiancé. He hasn't been mentioned or included at all.

Maybe they just don't like him.

That may explain why he didn't call them. The mom and dad are split up; the mom's boyfriend did more talking than the dad. Not defending the guy, again.....just giving a different perspective.

WTKR says body so decomposed they had to use dental records to identify her. How long was she really missing? I realize she had used social media that night, but it is suspect IMO.

WTKR says body so decomposed they had to use dental records to identify her. How long was she really missing? I realize she had used social media that night, but it is suspect IMO.

Yeah, there's something going on for sure. Was she missing longer? Did someone mutilate her? Was there some sort of chemical reason that happened? Maybe animals got to her? I know it's all really crude to think about but something isn't adding up here.

Yeah, there's something going on for sure. Was she missing longer? Did someone mutilate her? Was there some sort of chemical reason that happened? Maybe animals got to her? I know it's all really crude to think about but something isn't adding up here.

[video=twitter;608698250913304576]https://twitter.com/13JemieLee/status/608698250913304576[/video]
Another thing confusing to me is where she was found. In the pic where she was found, it looked like it had been inhabited recently. Clothing, suitcase open, what did the occupant think about sharing their space with a decomposing body for days?

Pic on page 3 post #65

But if the laundry was found in the dryer then she made it back from getting change, didn't she?

She had apparently been doing multiple loads of laundry that night, about 3 hours worth anyway. Her boyfriend stated that she had complained about not having enough change to do everything and that she might have to walk down the street to get some. I have no way of knowing when or even if, she made that walk.

According to that YouTube video I posted yesterday of the body farm (The fascinating process of human decomposition) a Vulture(s) can eat a body to the bones in just one day. That is why they covered the bodies with mesh cages.

Who is to say it was actually Katie posting on SM or just someone using her account to make it look like she was?

JMO

[video=twitter;608698250913304576]https://twitter.com/13JemieLee/status/608698250913304576[/video]
Another thing confusing to me is where she was found. In the pic where she was found, it looked like it had been inhabited recently. Clothing, suitcase open, what did the occupant think about sharing their space with a decomposing body for days?

Pic on page 3 post #65

According to the following MSM article Katie's body was found "nestled along a path 65 feet from the road. No mention of the body being among the other items that were shown in the photo depicting a homeless camp site.

I think an overzealous reporter took the picture of the homeless persons campsite and everyone is jumping to conclusions that this is where the body was found. Same goes for the body being covered with a tart.

ETA: If Katie was found among the campsite I think LE would have or should have collected most of the items left there as evidence.

JMO

When officers arrived, they found a body in a wooded area, one apartment complex over from Barham’s. It was nestled along a path 65 feet from the road.

http://wavy.com/2015/06/12/remains-found-confirmed-to-be-those-missing-portsmouth-mother/

http://m.nbc12.com/nbc12/db_330650/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=W0W9wzsW

A body has been found near the home of missing Katasha Johnson, who went missing last week out of Roanoke. They could not tell the sex of the body either but body parts were found in a bag.

Besides how horrific this is, I wanted to comment that perhaps decomp happens quicker that we are led to believe in our research.

This description makes me feel like it's connected to that lady in Hampton who had the body parts in her car.....I know I've said it already today, but WTF VIRGINIA?! Why are we doing this!

If she was doing loads of laundry that night, I almost bet someone was watching her go back and forth. jmo

This description makes me feel like it's connected to that lady in Hampton who had the body parts in her car.....I know I've said it already today, but WTF VIRGINIA?! Why are we doing this!

I think Klily's post was pointing out that the sex couldn't be determined on a body found near the home of Katasha Johnson who went missing a week earlier. This is not connected to Katie's disappearance other than to state how long it takes for a body to decompose to the point sex cannot be determined.

Who knows how many creepy people lived in her apartment complex..............

Watched a former U.S. Marshall on the news a little bit ago about the ny prison break. He said you always have to keep in mind the "what if". In the case of the prison break, he said what if the female prison worker was supposed to fake an anxiety attack? What if that had been part of the plan? That could mean there was an alternate escape vehicle, but LE would assume they were on foot.

So, what if.....when was the last time somebody other than the fiancé seen or talked to Katie? She was a stay at home mom, so a workplace wouldn't have missed her. What if....why would a stay at home mom choose to do laundry, especially outside the apartment, that late at night? Kids weren't toddlers that had to be watched like a hawk all day.

I think Klily's post was pointing out that the sex couldn't be determined on a body found near the home of Katasha Johnson who went missing a week earlier. This is not connected to Katie's disappearance other than to state how long it takes for a body to decompose to the point sex cannot be determined.

I'm not referring to Katie in that comment.

I meant that the trash bag description from the Richmond article is very similar to the traffic stop on that lady in Hampton who is from Richmond; she had a black trash bag with possible human remains in it.

Watched a former U.S. Marshall on the news a little bit ago about the ny prison break. He said you always have to keep in mind the "what if". In the case of the prison break, he said what if the female prison worker was supposed to fake an anxiety attack? What if that had been part of the plan? That could mean there was an alternate escape vehicle, but LE would assume they were on foot.

So, what if.....when was the last time somebody other than the fiancé seen or talked to Katie? She was a stay at home mom, so a workplace wouldn't have missed her. What if....why would a stay at home mom choose to do laundry, especially outside the apartment, that late at night? Kids weren't toddlers that had to be watched like a hawk all day.

EXCELLENT points. She could have been missing for a couple weeks and nobody knew. I'm curious though, it seems she had a couple really close friends, so maybe they would come forward and say whether they talked to her. I was kind of facebook stalking her, and she was commenting on pics mid-May.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ManneyMalo
Back