VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think the bolded statement means? That the doors were actually open or were they just unlocked? It sounds like they were actually standing open?

Salem

i dont know what to think, i asked the same question on the first page... and there has been no clarification whether it meant unlocked or standing open. when i first heard this story i thought that possibly an unbalanced co-worker may have been stalking her (her comment to the neighbor) and this co-worker came back to her home after taking kelly to distract attention from the workplace.... or cause confusion about where kelly really went missing from...

Is this LE team really THAT thick??? Been searching for days around the area...Kelly has not been found. LE bases their opinion on some writings? So if Kelly ended it all, where is her body? It's not like she hid herself after she killed herself.

I think the family needs to hire a PI if they haven't already done so.

How do I dance around your first question tactfully and still answer it.....

I was born and raised in this area, and I mean that where this is unfolding, this was my stomping ground. I went to school there. I was a teenager and an adult there and I fished, played and got stoned for the first time where Blueprint now stands. I...ummmm....have known several LEO's there, related to some (now retired), and I also went to school with several of them from the Chesterfield/Colonial Heights area. I lived there for 36 years, until late in 2005.

The answer to your first question is NOT able to be answered with a NO....at least not IMO.

Shutterfly
Sorry if my post was offensive. I certainly didn't mean it that way. It's just that some people, including LE, get into a mindset with one way of thinking....and when other people hear this (some anyway)...they think, "oh well, this is what she wanted", and they give up looking for whoever has done this.

I find it hard to fathom that LE would base their decision on a diary/journal/writings and maybe a couple of conversations (and then make it public), when by all of Kelly's actions (that have been reported so far) seem to indicate something else.

Shutterfly
Sorry if my post was offensive. I certainly didn't mean it that way. It's just that some people, including LE, get into a mindset with one way of thinking....and when other people hear this (some anyway)...they think, "oh well, this is what she wanted", and they give up looking for whoever has done this.

I find it hard to fathom that LE would base their decision on a diary/journal/writings and maybe a couple of conversations (and then make it public), when by all of Kelly's actions (that have been reported so far) seem to indicate something else.

Okay....clearly I bombed trying to dance around it........ I agree with you!!!! LOLOLOLOL

Dang! I got ya...It must still be too early in the morning for me! LMAO!

Dang! I got ya...It must still be too early in the morning for me! LMAO!

There are several unsolved murders in this area that date back to the early 70's. One that immediately comes to mind, the first one that my own memory affords me, is that of Christie Wright. She was a child, abducted (supposedly) from her own apartment ('76 I think). She was found in a creek in Dinwiddie County some twenty miles away. Women disappear here too....frequently. Poof, gone....seemingly without a trace, never to be seen again alive or deceased. One was found, by accident, some dozen years after the fact, last year. Her bones were lying adjacent to an apartment complex in a small grove of scraggly trees, within walking distance of where she disappeared.

There are several unsolved murders in this area that date back to the early 70's. One that immediately comes to mind, the first one that my own memory affords me, is that of Christie Wright. She was a child, abducted (supposedly) from her own apartment ('76 I think). She was found in a creek in Dinwiddie County some twenty miles away. Women disappear here too....frequently. Poof, gone....seemingly without a trace, never to be seen again alive or deceased. One was found, by accident, some dozen years after the fact, last year. Her bones were lying adjacent to an apartment complex in a small grove of scraggly trees, within walking distance of where she disappeared.

Wow...that is scary! I'm guessing LE just thinks these women have disappeared of their own accord...or have committed suicide? Sounds like this area may have a SK.

the marsh (all shown as brown on the google maps) is harsh to get fruther if you get caught up in it......i hate to say it but you could accidently fall in the wrong place and never get out...and the marsh seems to suck things down....that said, the open river starts getting a very strong current there especially with the wet fall/winter we've had, lots to consider...

Shutterfly

maybe the tone of the journal changed dramatically recently or something and maybe the 2 workers she walked with had never heard her talk that way before......lots of ifs here i know..i believe there is so much information being held back and when that is brought it might change things somewhat

:woohoo: It's not a good idea, and against WS rules to post your Yahoo ID for cyber-world to see. Thousands of people read here. :woohoo:

Sounds to me like it would be perfect time to call in Tim Miller.

First of all THANK YOU al for you continued support and prayers. Kelly has a large family! And as far as family goes Kelly is the one we are ALL close with never quirrels. Second Kelly use to hunt and fish and loves to swim. So she is very cautious as well as familiar with swamps wet lands as well as currents, undertows. This is how she and I are so close because far and few women hunt more fish then hunt. But she and I do both. Though she doesnt hunt anymore. Kelly is very high spirited and loves God. She just has never been saved as religion and church wasnt something her side grew up going to. But Kelly as she got older started going to church. But now the question arisen from her is because with our family being so big we have lost many family and friends suddenly do to car accidents and leukemia and other pure accidents and you just never know. However kelly loves life! When it comes down to bottom line there it is. And due to kelly being the youngest child she was alsways the one that got stuck with all us nieces and nephews to watch but it was a good thing because now we are all closest to her! Kelly was a cool Aunt when we were younger as she use to break the rules of do's and dont's as a babysitter. Lucky for all of us :) cause we had a blast when she watched us. But kelly likes to write not write and act on it. Kelly loves to do the marathon runs and walks for the cures. And yes kelly loves pets and has 2 cats only that are outside. I am trying to answer all questions in one. I am going to type more so watch and I will be done in another 10 min with another message. Prayers and Love Jamie kelly's niece

http://progress-index.com/news/did-missing-chester-woman-commit-suicide-1.563619
snipped..
Desimone added that Catalano loved her job and that she had recently gotten a raise. "As far as I know, Kelly did not have any problems in life that any of us would not be able to deal with," she said.
Co-workers told The Progress-Index that Catalano's sudden disappearance from her workplace was quite unusual. "Everyone here is scratching their heads," said comptroller Tom O'Connell.

Sure sounds like co workers are baffled also.

Maybe it's just me but I get a STRONG feeling someone at her work place knows much more then they are saying.

Maybe it's just me but I get a STRONG feeling someone at her work place knows much more then they are saying.

It certainly seems like something happened at work to send her running. She left her machine on, left when it wasn't break time and was seen "sprinting" towards the river. Did someone say something to her? Did she see something or overhear something?

I'd like to know if she was dating someone or recently broke up.

I totally agree....I wish that we knew her demeanor when she was running to go outside - did she look panicked, scared, worried? Did she utter something to someone before she started running to the outside area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste