VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i disagree. this forum got us intouch and me with the family and i spread my knowledge. it might not help at all but what if it did. you can never short the word or pics of the missing. sooner or later it will burn in the minds of everyone who sees it. and thats how people get found. its a hard road, but she has nothing to lose. no every story has a sad ending. keep the thread alive!

Jamie we want to help, all of us. We are a curious bunch by nature and sometimes our passion overcomes us and we come off snippy for those who don't know us. We become involved with the cases we have here. We become frustrated with the lack of information just as you do because we see Kelly as a very real, beautiful woman, who needs to come home to her family. She isn't just a name or a thread once she comes here Jamie. We are all desperate for answers, just as you are. I can only imagine what you and your family must be going through and for that I am profoundly sorry. I wish that we could wave a wand and reveal Kelly's location, but that's not realistic. It's for that reason we ask so many questions over and over and over again. We work well together here and the results we can achieve together has proven unbelievable on more than one occasion. Customarily, the details we get from friends, family, news articles and Law Enforcement, are what we use to dig up potentially valuable information which could help locate Kelly. This is our only hope....this is the only way some of us are able to assist.....and this is what we try to do.....help. That's all any of us want.

I know it's difficult but you need to be sure and eat, all of you, and all of you need to try to sleep at least a little. We don't need any of you sick right now. God be with you sweetheart. I promise you, the prayers for Kelly stretch far and wide.

Joseph D thank you for everything and please watch I have new news I just received I am typing three differentt ones right now. It is people like you that help the hill smooth out a little

Shutterfly, Thank you so much also for the encouragement and the God be with you sweatheart as I feel that god is with all of us right now keeping us all from losing our minds. I have a news updated I am posting next so watch for it. Thank you and god bless! You could pass as my aunt with your words. Your thread made me cry.

NEWS UPDATE: My mom Judy (kelly's sis) and my aunt Lori ( kelly sis ) and my cousin Jeff all just left the vigil. This is what my mom called me to post. One Richmond never posted this in the newspaper until Monday and my mom was heated! She said why not sat when our local newspaper in pa did it instantly! Also Meadville Tribune from Kelly's hometown called my mom to talk to her about the briefing. Also there are 3 News channels that were there These I believe are all out of Richmond VA so google it. Channel 6 Channel 8 and Channel 12 I believe WGVR is one and WRIC is another. Also the Richmond Harold was there and it is to be in the paper tomorrow. As for the police they are not giving up. My family is going to continue as promised until she is found and the police are continuing as well. My mom was pretty drained so she said that she would call tomorrow with more information. Thank You all I have to go post to the other sights now but I will check back in 1/2 hr. Prayers and God Bless

the first day i didnt see a thing on it. now its on regularly.and will stay that way if we have anything to say about it. today when my wife and i were there, wric and channel 12 was there filiming. along with a ton of state troopers in the water and out. planes in the air, andf a few of us looking around. its alot of ground to cover. but noone is giving up. does anyone know if they will still search that area thursday and friday?

Dozens of people gathered tonight at the softball complex in Chesterfield County where Kelly Catalano liked to play, to show support for their missing friend.

Catalano, 40, a Chesterfield resident, disappeared Friday morning after she told co-workers at BluePrint Automation in the 16000 block of Innovation Drive that she was going for a walk.

Chesterfield police have been searching the surrounding area but have found no trace of her.

Catalano's older sister, Judy Williams, and more than 50 friends, co-workers and relatives stood in the rain at Harry G. Daniel Park off Iron Bridge Road, talked about her, recited a prayer that she liked, and appealed to the public for help.

"Somebody out there knows where she is, and we're asking for their help to find her," Williams said.

Speakers at the vigil said there was no reason for Catalano to leave suddenly about 10:30 a.m. and not tell anyone where she was going.

Catalano had her car keys and cell phone with her, but her car remained in the company parking lot. Police checked her phone and bank records but saw no activity.

State police divers searched the nearby inlet of the Appomattox River yesterday but found nothing.

Two of Catalano's six siblings and her nephew came from northern Pennsylvania, where she grew up, and are staying in an area hotel until she is found. They passed out fliers with Catalano's picture and asked local business owners and residents to call police with any leads.

Numerous co-workers from BluePrint Automation came to the vigil, as did members of Catalano's softball team.

Tom O'Connell, 60, the company's controller, said he was very surprised and saddened by her disappearance.

"She's an excellent welder. She's been here eight years," he said.

Gina Desimone, who organized the vigil, said Catalano played first base and hit lots of home runs; loved the outdoors, yoga, and ballroom dancing; and was "a very giving, generous, warm-spirited person."

She saw Catalano the night before her disappearance, after a yoga class that Catalano attended.

"She's extremely loyal to the company she works for and really believes in accountability," Desimone said.

"It's not like her."

Anyone with information on Catalano's whereabouts can call Chesterfield police at (804) 748-1251 or Crime Solvers at (804) 748-0660.

I'm very concerned about Kelly. I too wish we had a little more to go on so we could be of some help. The whole thing with her believing things had been moved around at her place is just scary to me.

Off the top of my head, I think they're wasting their time looking for her in that area. But then again, it's unlikely that someone would have been outside just waiting for her when she was simply taking a break at work.

Did she take a break at the same time every day? Was it normal for her to specifically SAY she was going to take a walk "by the river?"

Dozens of people gathered tonight at the softball complex in Chesterfield County where Kelly Catalano liked to play, to show support for their missing friend.

Catalano, 40, a Chesterfield resident, disappeared Friday morning after she told co-workers at BluePrint Automation in the 16000 block of Innovation Drive that she was going for a walk.

Chesterfield police have been searching the surrounding area but have found no trace of her.

Catalano's older sister, Judy Williams, and more than 50 friends, co-workers and relatives stood in the rain at Harry G. Daniel Park off Iron Bridge Road, talked about her, recited a prayer that she liked, and appealed to the public for help.

"Somebody out there knows where she is, and we're asking for their help to find her," Williams said.

Speakers at the vigil said there was no reason for Catalano to leave suddenly about 10:30 a.m. and not tell anyone where she was going.

Catalano had her car keys and cell phone with her, but her car remained in the company parking lot. Police checked her phone and bank records but saw no activity.

State police divers searched the nearby inlet of the Appomattox River yesterday but found nothing.

Two of Catalano's six siblings and her nephew came from northern Pennsylvania, where she grew up, and are staying in an area hotel until she is found. They passed out fliers with Catalano's picture and asked local business owners and residents to call police with any leads.

Numerous co-workers from BluePrint Automation came to the vigil, as did members of Catalano's softball team.

Tom O'Connell, 60, the company's controller, said he was very surprised and saddened by her disappearance.

"She's an excellent welder. She's been here eight years," he said.

Gina Desimone, who organized the vigil, said Catalano played first base and hit lots of home runs; loved the outdoors, yoga, and ballroom dancing; and was "a very giving, generous, warm-spirited person."

She saw Catalano the night before her disappearance, after a yoga class that Catalano attended.

"She's extremely loyal to the company she works for and really believes in accountability," Desimone said.

"It's not like her."

Anyone with information on Catalano's whereabouts can call Chesterfield police at (804) 748-1251 or Crime Solvers at (804) 748-0660.

If this is a news article, WS requires that you post the link to the article and only post a snippet of the article due to copyright infrigement issues.

i read that her phone had been found to have no activity on it? did she use the phone alot? text, messaging. and a report of glasses found there also. does anyone know what that is about?

If this is a news article, WS requires that you post the link to the article and only post a snippet of the article due to copyright infrigement issues.

for the love of god....really:waitasec:

for the love of god....really:waitasec:

Yup, a link must be provided to every article that is taken from a website and only a snippet of the article should be posted.

The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

WS builds cases through a lot of media coverage and links are required to reference back and forth.

We also can not post a full article that a journalist writes and put it on WS as we have then basically stolen his article word for word. That's a no-no.

Yup, a link must be provided to every article that is taken from a website and only a snippet of the article should be posted.

The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

WS builds cases through a lot of media coverage and links are required to reference back and forth.

We also can not post a full article that a journalist writes and put it on WS as we have then basically stolen his article word for word. That's a no-no.

Well as another niece of Kelly's I would like to apologize to Patty for forgetting the rules sometimes but if you are ever in this situation (and I pray to God that you never are) sometimes you forget things!!!!!

My cousin Jamie usually wears her heart on her sleeve and her emotions take over. That is what makes Jamie the person she is! Now to answer some of your questions for you:
First, the family didnt say to much to the media because the media as we all know doesnt get things accurate at all times. For instance they have quoted a family member as saying Kelly never punched her time card but the media is the one who TOLD US that the time card was never punched!! Which was followed by a REALLY her time card wasnt punched.
Second, Kelly always has her cell phone on her always charged and yes she texted and called frequently on it.
Third, It is true that her gloves and googles were found outside on Saturday and not on Friday night when there had already been a search of the area. Some say they werent there the night before but that is up to the police to decide.
So with that being said I hope that one of you can figure this mess out for us because it is breaking our hearts to be without Kelly! There are so many good people in VA that are giving up so much of their family time to help ours and I would like to Thank them and it hurts to be in PA so far away her and waiting for the phone to ring and then praying that its not bad news before you answer it!
Thank you all for discussing Kelly and trying to figure out an answer for us. It is greatly appreciated!

Lastly.... Kelly I love you and miss you and want you home safe with us soon!!!

Well as another niece of Kelly's I would like to apologize to Patty for forgetting the rules sometimes but if you are ever in this situation (and I pray to God that you never are) sometimes you forget things!!!!!

There is no need to apologize to me. With all the new family members and locals posting, us oldies but goodies are here to help everyone going through this difficult time and help with the rules that are required to maintain the standards at WS.

We all pray for Kelly's safe return to her family and friends. :blowkiss:

i hunted the area law enforcement started the search. there is a path that leads from a entrance from the business park down to the river. its also a well known fishing spot. i have contacted the family and will be helping search the area today with my lab dog. i know that area very very well. all i can say is if she was in the river, the outcome will not be good. its a strong current. ive been hunting it for years. i hope i can help the family in any way shape or form. lets not forget kelly. keep this thread alive!

Does the path also run beside the river for a way or does it just end? Is there a boat slip actual dock or a make shift one?

Is it common for those fishing to park at the bussiness and walk down or is there a different location for those who fish to park?
Is the river deep enough in all areas to allow a few mile boat trip or is it only able to be used as bank fishing and how high is the bank from the water surface?
And did you happen to notice in the ground near one would expect Kelly to be walking if it was slighty muddy or extremely muddy or if the ground is frozen? Sorry lots of questions.
Anybody seen a report of what type of shoe Kelly was wearing?

Does the path also run beside the river for a way or does it just end? Is there a boat slip actual dock or a make shift one?

Is it common for those fishing to park at the bussiness and walk down or is there a different location for those who fish to park?
Is the river deep enough in all areas to allow a few mile boat trip or is it only able to be used as bank fishing and how high is the bank from the water surface?
And did you happen to notice in the ground near one would expect Kelly to be walking if it was slighty muddy or extremely muddy or if the ground is frozen? Sorry lots of questions.

The people at Kelly's work say she was wearing her work boots. And no its not uncommon for her to wear her boots to walk in.

Is it possible that Kelly got into a vehicle with someone else under the pretext of a store run before she got to the river? The way Blueprint is situated, I just can't imagine whoever could have potentially "stolen" Kelly wasn't already in the vicinity either out of necessity such as their own job, which was in close proximity, or because they were expecting Kelly to come out for her break (or both). How would your average joe off the street know whether or not everything they did would or wouldn't be plastered all over the building's security? I used to work at Fiorucci's warehouse, which used to be right up the street from Kelly's work (unsure if it still is), and we used to run to the store at Walthall all the time. I mapped it from Kelly's work to what should be the nearest store, on Woods Edge Road. It's a distance of 2.2 miles and takes approximately five minutes to drive it one way. So it would be a fifteen minute trip tops. As soon as Photobucket recovers from whatever ailment it's currently suffering from, I'll add a map.

Am I the only one having some degree of difficulty accepting the possibility that Kelly is still in the area surrounding Blueprint and that all of these diligent people on foot, in the water and in the air haven't found her?

fishing access is from business park only. alot of people use it. the river bank there can be very deep at high tide and very low at low tide. with a very strong current. the bank is level with the river surface most of the time. as for the ground. i would not be able to tell. it was cold, no ice, so really hard to footprint anyone. there is alot of trash and debris around the area. it is a tough place to search. the appomatix river runs into the james just north of where kelly was last seen. then feeds out to the bay. me personally and my wife dont think she is in that area. the police would of found her, and someone would of seen a struggle of some sort. their is a linnen business right behind a access point to the river that always has its bay doors open for deleveries. they would of saw or heard something. and all around that area there are duck blinds for hunters. now hunters keep quiet and would of heard a scream at that time. 10:30 is a duck hunters slow time. and they are all over. this is a very strange situation to say the least. i would go to the neighbor and ask alot of questions about the stuff being out of place in her home. that is weird. it seems her home might provide more clues than the river. sure the river would be the obvious place due to the time and place of the dissapearance, but they did all they could do there. imo. i hope they find her and give this family some closure. they deserve it.

Prayers that Kelly is home soon and prayers to all her family that you are provided with whatever you need in your search for her.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member