VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the eyecream a gift or did she sell cosmetics? What did the Psychic say about all of this?
Kelly and another instructor had a conversation about aging and wrinkling the week before. The eye cream appears to have been a gift. I don't know if she sold cosmetics or not.

I was reading through previous comments and missed where one of Kelly's nieces said that the doors were left open the following day. Was that information based on what the neighbor said on the news or did that information come directly from LE?

Hoping Kelly is found. Soon.

Either someone is playing tricks on the police, leaving doors open, leaving goggles and gloves by her work, all the day after she goes missing
or
we just do not have the correct information.

Either way, Kelly is missing.
Something made her leave her work spot before her intended break.
No one has seen her since.

I cannot remember what the search dogs found. Anything? Followed her scent
to the river?

I was reading through previous comments and missed where one of Kelly's nieces said that the doors were left open the following day. Was that information based on what the neighbor said on the news or did that information come directly from LE?

Post #241 by AnotherNiece says:

Alright as one of Kelly's nieces lets see what I can clear up. Kelly wasnt seeing anybody. There has been refernece to my family all being in PA and not knowing what was really going on in Kellys life in VA. But Kelly called 1 of us everynight if not more than 1 of us. She was home for Christmas and was in a great mood. She spent almost 2 hours on the phone with me New Years Eve. The Tuesday before she was missing she spent almost 45 minutes on the phone with me laughin and having joking around making plans to come up at end of Feb for her mothers bday and trying to see what else we could slam into that weekend. Also she sent me a txt message on Thursday before missing. Joking around with me and making fun of each other. She was at yoga Thursday night then went to see a friend. So as big as our family is we would know. Kellys talk of baptism and death come from a teacher in high school when she went to private baptist school telling her she would never get to heaven cuz she wasnt baptized. This has been an on going conversation since she was 16 yrs old. She said she should stop wondering and just go get baptized. Our family has been hit with many traumatic events that that would make you question the whole DEATH process. If she was so worried about getting into heaven then I think suicde would never have played in to the equation. cuz thats not going to get you to heaven. Kelly has always questioned religion and death. This does not make her suicidal. Kelly is somebody who you can tell when something is wrong and bothering her. The guys at work say she was in a great mood in the breakroom during earlier break. The cops have her computer and Verizon says its not as easy as everybody thinks to get accurate phone records as people believe. She just recently bought her car and would never have left it. Verizon also says its hard to tell between somebody talking to you and leaving you a message. there have been so many eye witness accounts of how she left the building that its hard to figure out what is the truth. As for her house the police searched house on Friday to check just for her presence but when they returned on Saturday with Kellys nephews the doors were WIDE OPEN not just unlocked. Which Kelly normally used the garage door opener to get in and didnt unlock front or back door. So the police do not have a reason for this they insist they locked the house back up when they left on Friday. Well so be carefull what you read in press not all accurate like usual!! Hope that clears up some questions for you

That just doesn't make any sense to me. Why then wouldn't the police suspect foul play?

That just doesn't make any sense to me. Why then wouldn't the police suspect foul play?

Exactly. That's one of the primary reasons most posters are rejecting the suicide theory. Looks like someone was messing with Kelly's head--and now with LE's.

... I cannot remember what the search dogs found. Anything? Followed her scent to the river?

I couldn't find much of anything here at WS about search dogs, dreamweaver, but on another site it was reported that dogs that were brought out to search the work area were not "scent" dogs but instead were dogs used to "locate newly disturbed ground."

I'm hoping since that report of more than a week ago that search dogs have been brought to actually search.

I was told they brought in at least one cadaver dog (maybe more) a few days ago. Just the thought makes me sick to my stomach.

I would have thought they would have used a tracking dog from the point of her last known location. That would have been able to decide to course of the investagition. Without that it seems very important clues in Kelly's case could have been over looked.
I do not believe kelly would of commited suicide from her job. If Kelly thought a co worker was playing a joke on her maybe her co workers should be questioned farther.
I would asume she had a certain co worker in mind and one that had been to her house and Kelly felt comfy with them for her to assume it was a joke.
Did kelly have pets? and if she did who took care of them when she was gone?

Two cats. The neighbors are taking care of them and the family members asked for them to be left at the house. I dropped off a large bag of food last week. I'm not sure who watched them when she went out of town.

Questions: if Kelly jumped into the river with her cell phone on her, then why did it ring for a couple hours, then after that, just jump to voice mail? Cell phones don't float.

Also, what are the statistics on strong swimmers committing suicide by drowning? I would say that that is probably one of the least common ways for a strong swimmer to end their life.

Whether the doors to her house were unlocked or not, there's still a lot that doesn't make sense here.

IF she committed suicide, I don't think she jumped in the river. More likely she went off into the woods and....fill in the blank....but, that seems so random without something leading up to it. Big fight with a lover or loss of job or money problems....something!!

Questions: if Kelly jumped into the river with her cell phone on her, then why did it ring for a couple hours, then after that, just jump to voice mail? Cell phones don't float.

Cell phones don't immediately switch from ringing to going straight to voice mail when the phone is turned off or otherwise deactivated -- there is a lag of many minutes to several hours, depending on the carrier.

IF she committed suicide, I don't think she jumped in the river. More likely she went off into the woods and....fill in the blank....but, that seems so random without something leading up to it. Big fight with a lover or loss of job or money problems....something!!

It seems like it, but sometimes the triggering incident is so small that no one outside would notice it. Back when I was suicidal, everybody I know would have been baffled and would have said many of the same things. Always cheerful, upbeat, could always find a silver lining in the worst situation -- yeah, except in my own. At that vulnerable time, someone being critical of my job performance, personal actions, etc. would have sent me over the edge.

The comment about her seeming to have something on her mind in yoga class struck me, too. She might well have been worried about something, or nothing, and I still think outside harm is more likely, but still there's the tickle in the back of my mind that makes me wonder.

I was told they brought in at least one cadaver dog (maybe more) a few days ago. Just the thought makes me sick to my stomach.

I just want you to know that I am thinking of you. This is a difficult time for all of Kelly's friends and family, and I am sure you are no exception. Thank you for coming to WS and graciously dealing with the very unpleasant task of dealing with Kelly's disappearance.

Was this from the family or LE? I only heard that they had dogs the first day. I'm sure it does have to be hard to be in your shoes.

Also, what are the statistics on strong swimmers committing suicide by drowning? I would say that that is probably one of the least common ways for a strong swimmer to end their life.

Whether the doors to her house were unlocked or not, there's still a lot that doesn't make sense here.

between the tempeture and the current, the rate of survival is minimum at best

Have dogs tracked her scent anywhere?? If so, they must not be saying anything. Seems to me that if they could track her scent, they could know where it was lost...

I have a gut feeling that somebody really upset Kelly, they may have been joking, but in a sensitive frame of mind a sarcastic remark can really hurt, especially if it is from someone you have known for a while, did Kelly just have to get away from work so that nobody would see her pain?

:praying:

To Kelly's family, ConcernedinVA, and everyone one here that care's for her:

I wish you strength, peace, comfort and support. Hoping that we have some new news soon. There are no words that can make this better for anyone, my heart goes out to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro