VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been 4 days since the last media story (that I can find)... Hope family is up in LE's face on a daily basis making sure they are continuing the search.

Hi Jenbear ... posters at Websleuths need 30 or so posts in order to be able to receive or send PM's. This can be easily achieved by going to the game room thread and posting there. Just thought I would mention that in case you're interested :)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I knew Kelly. I hadn't seen her in about a year but I knew the breakup was going bad. I could NEVER, and I mean EVER wrap my head around her committing suicide. I personally have had my mother and my brother both commit suicide so I definately can read a suicidal person.

snipped and bolded by me...

Could anyone offer us some clarification on this?

It's been 4 days since the last media story (that I can find)... Hope family is up in LE's face on a daily basis making sure they are continuing the search.
Since I am not vetted yet (have sent msg to Tricia) I won't say too much, finding Kelly is important to me, so I do not want to get in to trouble. You are right, the media has stopped putting anything out there regarding her case, I think they liked the simple ans about suicide. My 2 cents is that is hog wash, there is too much that just does not add up. Her friends, family and co-workers do not believe that either. Generally when you love your family and friends as much as she does, you generally leave them some ans and not let them keep hoping. She also knew that committing suicide is a sin and you won't go to Heaven that way and if she didn't know, all the people she talked to about it I am sure would have told her. I also agree with her niece(s) that the media put things out there that were misleading, wrong and/or out of context. It was heart breaking watching everyone at the vigil and when I hugged her sister she started crying and so did I, it is just tough not knowing.

As for ConcernedinVA, I am sorry you were put on the spot, read that post and could not believe it myself. I guess it is just our curiousity and a way to try and get ans. Are you still in contact with the family? If it helps, I let Tricia know that I believe you are known to me based on the info you gave.

God Bless Kelly and her family and all of you for trying to help.

Since I am not vetted yet (have sent msg to Tricia) I won't say too much, finding Kelly is important to me, so I do not want to get in to trouble. You are right, the media has stopped putting anything out there regarding her case, I think they liked the simple ans about suicide. My 2 cents is that is hog wash, there is too much that just does not add up. Her friends, family and co-workers do not believe that either. Generally when you love your family and friends as much as she does, you generally leave them some ans and not let them keep hoping. She also knew that committing suicide is a sin and you won't go to Heaven that way and if she didn't know, all the people she talked to about it I am sure would have told her. I also agree with her niece(s) that the media put things out there that were misleading, wrong and/or out of context. It was heart breaking watching everyone at the vigil and when I hugged her sister she started crying and so did I, it is just tough not knowing.

As for ConcernedinVA, I am sorry you were put on the spot, read that post and could not believe it myself. I guess it is just our curiousity and a way to try and get ans. Are you still in contact with the family? If it helps, I let Tricia know that I believe you are known to me based on the info you gave.

Hi CfK, welcome to Websleuths!!!

I agree that interest in this case seems to have tapered off. I had hoped that wouldn't happen, but some of us out here in internet land still follow along, check for updates, and above all we pray that Kelly finds her way home. I'm really glad you've come to add another voice for Kelly.

Welcome to Websleuths Cfk..

For me, and I am sure I speak for a lot of other WS members, it's not curiosity. Sleuthing is what we do and gives us more information and helps us theroize and narrow down the possibilities.

Hi, Concerned for Kelly...

Thank you for joining in the conversation. I am so sorry to you and all who know Kelly for what you are going through. We appreciate everyone's insight and are thankful to have such concerned friends and family of Kelly helping us to understand what a kind, friendly person she is.

I am concerned as well about the lack of publicity Kelly is getting lately. I am thinking that we might all need to band together and flood the local media with emails. I am relatively new here but have been involved in the Sarah Rogers disappearance where Websleuthers joined together and bombarded the media demanding coverage for her - and it really worked. We tend to take these cases personally and hold them close to our hearts! I see that happening with Kelly - she just has that look about her, as if she would immediately become your good friend. What a beautiful lady!

We're here for you and all of her friends and family.

Since I am not vetted yet (have sent msg to Tricia)

Are you still in contact with the family?

I e-mailed and called her family offered them a place to stay. I also offered my assistance, as well as the assistance of some of our mutual friends. Her family asked me to print up fliers, which I have. I didn't want to make things more difficult or painful for them and thought it best if I kept my distance as some of them are still upset about the split. My heart is aching, for her mom, my mom, Kelly's family and her loved ones. I was a part of her family and she was part of mine. My door, phone,e-mail and my heart are all open to helping in whatever way I can.

snipped and bolded by me...

Could anyone offer us some clarification on this?

I spoke directly with a family member that confirmed the break up was bad, for what that is worth. I got no details at all and do not know any of the parties. That said, could the day Kelly went missing, Jan. 15th or the up coming w/e days, the 16th and 17th have been an anniversary of some sort that she was maybe finding difficult to face and not tell anyone? Just a thought, I have some days during the year like that and they are extremely hard.

Thank you. Are they saying much more? Are they still looking at all? Is the family still in the area also? I can't imagine what you are going through, but know that Kelly and everyone involved is in our thoughts and prayers.

That said, could the day Kelly went missing, Jan. 15th or the up coming w/e days, the 16th and 17th have been an anniversary of some sort that she was maybe finding difficult to face and not tell anyone? Just a thought, I have some days during the year like that and they are extremely hard.

Yes, it was an anniversary. That's why I believe she may have done harm to herself, although I hope I am terribly wrong.

Yes, it was an anniversary. That's why I believe she may have done harm to herself, although I hope I am terribly wrong.

If the local LE knew this and there was no sign of a struggle anywhere it is a bit easier to see how they came to their conclusion of no foul play. I still dont have the open doors at the house figured out but have some thoughts I'm mulling over.

ConcernedinVA, ty for your response, I have a feeling it was a very difficult thing for you to post.

From a personal point of view, I attempted suicide during a particularly stressful time in my life. No one suspected what was going on in my mind; even I wasn't sure what was happening to me. No history of mental illness; no history of depression. Yet, I was severely depressed, had retired from a job, had lost the love of my life, etc. I had always been known for my laid back personality, my acceptance of life, my strength.
Thankfully, I received help and after therapy, I am OK, living each day to the fullest but with a totally different point of view.
So.....pardon the OT, but I believe that anyone can feel suicidal no matter how happy they may seem. I am especially concerned that this was an anniversary date for Kelly to face; Concerned, thank you for sharing this. It makes me accept the possibility of suicide. I hope not; but JMOO, it's possible.

I do not believe that Kelly would just run out of work on a Friday and commit suicide. She had Thursday night as well as the weekend to do that if the anniversary of whatever was bothering her that bad.

Secondly, "ConcernedInVA" said she had not spoken to Kelly in about 6 months...according to sources, that is incorrect. Also, "ConcernedInVA" how do you know so much about Kelly's life if you have not spoken to her in 6 months? How do you know she didn't buy a motorcycle? How do you know she still only had 2 cats? You say she left the doors unlocked because she was in a hurry to get home/get to work. Her family, however, says she would leave by using the garage door opener..something isn't adding up. I would not think that Kelly, being a female and living alone, having gone through a tumultuous relationship, living in the world we live in today, would take those kind of chances. IF that would have been the case, I would have thought that after having some one go in and move some things around in your house, you would have started to double check the doors, windows, etc. to make sure they were locked. Regardless if the family wants you to help in finding her or not, since she was someone that you once "loved", I wouldn't have had to ask, I would have done it. We are asking complete strangers here to help in finding her and they don't want you to? Why NOT?

Another question not directly related to "ConcernedInVA", why would the back door and front door both be wide open? Who was the friend she visited AFTER yoga?

I will read and re-read these posts and pick them apart until we find her. Also Joseph, I have a friend(s) that have been looking for her and would like to talk to you about you all getting together and searching, if that is something that you are still interested in doing. AND YES, Kelly's family is still in VA searching and talking to people and will not leave until they find her. Anyone that is interested in handing out flyers, regardless of the state you live in, please let me know. I cannot imagine the turmoil that this family is going through but hear it in their voices and see it on their faces. No one should ever have to go through this.[/FONT]

An anniversary could have been a very hard time in her life. I would hope with all the friends and family support she had/has that she would feel enveloped in their love and not let the date get to her. But knowing it was an anniversary may have triggered some undealt with pain and that feeling of failure that often sets in after such a relationship ends.

Truthfully, I have an ex that even if we were in this same situation, I would not be among the searchers out there. Love or no love, her family would be tormented even more by my showing up.

If Kelly had planned to take her life, she may have taken pills during her break, which ended 45 minutes prior to her running out and sprinting towards the water.... long enough to begin to feel the effects of them.

I hope they find her safe and sound and that her family and friends and all those that ever had their life touched by her could sleep soundly knowing that all is well.

Helping in the search to find Kelly does not mean you have to look with the family, if you are an ex. I am sure the family has their own thing going on so there are a million other places that they haven't looked that could be looked at. Maybe the ex knows of where Kelly used to go more than the family would since she lives in the same city. Regardless of the families hard feelings for the ex, she should do more than just print flyers since she is in the area.

Helping in the search to find Kelly does not mean you have to look with the family, if you are an ex. I am sure the family has their own thing going on so there are a million other places that they haven't looked that could be looked at. Maybe the ex knows of where Kelly used to go more than the family would since she lives in the same city. Regardless of the families hard feelings for the ex, she should do more than just print flyers since she is in the area.

Hopefully neither of us are ever in the situation to have to decide what we would/should/must do. I was merely saying that there is one ex that I have that I would not, under no circumstances, be in attendance of any type of search. If you knew me at all, you would know that my friends and family would support me on this decision and question any other. Not every ex. Just one.

I understand your point. Maybe I am one of the few but out of compassion of what the family would be going through and the love we once had, I would help and would hope that if something, God forbid, happen to me, they would do the same for me. The family had nothing to do with the breakup. I am not saying that all of my past relationships have been perfect, if they were, we would still be together but I am not sure I could wrap my head around just printing out flyers knowing that someone I had a past with, still stayed in touch with, was missing and God knows where. I couldn't sleep at night knowing that I could have done something more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur