VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as Kelly seeming to "sense" someone had been in the house...I can relate to that...it's a creepy, unsettling feeling. I have a bizarre "need" to have things "just so"...like my decor...be it a lampshade, or something on an end table...I KNOW, it's wackooo!! LOL Although, IMO, and circumstances, it's not "proctective" (as CiV mentioned) so much as what "looks right" to me....or "feels wrong".
And, I CAN tell ya sometimes it ends up being true!! My ex-husband was cheating on me, and when I came home from work some days, I just had that "feeling" someone had been there. He told me I was nuts. Well, come to find out, I ended up being correct in my "feelings"....and, apparently, she didn't like my decorating choices and must have felt a need to move things around....LOL

ETA : also wanted to say, please, no offense to you, CiV.

Ok- so I know that I barely know Kelly and I only know her in one setting - yoga class, but I just wanted to comment about the idea of Kelly being possessive. I posted on here in the beginning that Kelly loaned me a book, "Teachings on Love" and that it took me forever to get it back to her. She was so non-possessive of the book that she told me to keep (which I did not). Also, that she gave the eye cream to another instructor without any prompting shows a lot of generosity.

I could be confusing two things--possessiveness and generosity--which one person can hold both, but I just wanted to make sure the picture wasn't getting too black and white.

Please, take no offense--especially Concerned in VA. These are just some angles I wanted to see addressed. Thanks.

This is just sooo heartbreaking and baffling to me....I can't begin to imagine a family hearing from LE that my loved one, in THEIR opinion, most likely committed suicide....unbelievable. I don't even know this woman...and I still can't wrap my mind around that possibility.

It would be so great if she just went off and got a ride down to The Keys and is listening to Jimmy Buffett with a Margarita in her hand on the beach for just a little bit....:)

I thought the same thing..."what if she had a vacation planned and people forgot", then of course I realize, she hasn't answered her phone for anyone, not even family :-( Really makes me sad and it has been keeping me up at night wracking my brain trying to understand or figure this out.

We know from what we have read that Kelly was close to her family and she loved them very much. IMO there is no way she would not leave a note for her family.

Was Kelly known to be impulsive?

Again...I'm sure every avenue is being checked....ATM, credit cards, gas cards, etc.??

Also...I believe when LE gets the pings from her phone, a lot more info will be given to the family...well, at least I HOPE LE is at least sharing that type of info with them, so her family can make heads or tails of it for themselves.

Again....as asked by other posters...who was the friend she visited....the odd behavior her yoga instructor noticed....

Is the basic scenario that Kelly just ran out and jumped in the river?????

I can't imagine going to work to commit suicide, why not do it at home, and jumping into a river!

I can't imagine going to work to commit suicide, why not do it at home, and jumping into a river!

ITA with you knowthings. It just doesn't make sense. That's why I was asking whether she was the type of person to act inpulsively. If something happened at work, would she 'on the spur of the moment' decide to run down to river and commit suicide?

As far as Kelly seeming to "sense" someone had been in the house...I can relate to that...it's a creepy, unsettling feeling. I have a bizarre "need" to have things "just so"...like my decor...be it a lampshade, or something on an end table...I KNOW, it's wackooo!! LOL Although, IMO, and circumstances, it's not "proctective" (as CiV mentioned) so much as what "looks right" to me....or "feels wrong".
And, I CAN tell ya sometimes it ends up being true!! My ex-husband was cheating on me, and when I came home from work some days, I just had that "feeling" someone had been there. He told me I was nuts. Well, come to find out, I ended up being correct in my "feelings"....and, apparently, she didn't like my decorating choices and must have felt a need to move things around....LOL

ETA : also wanted to say, please, no offense to you, CiV.
That was tell tale sign of someone who wanted control. People often do stuff on like that on purpose. I am sorry you had to come across one.

After Kelly and I moved into the house in Aug 2006, I personally changed all of the locks in the house. 6 months later, Kelly said she thought we should change the locks again because she thought someone had been in the house. When asked what made her think this, she said, it was "just a feeling" she had. She also had mentioned the "practical joke" that someone might be playing on her by taking her keys from her tool box and making a copy of them. My point is, this is not an original idea... it had been said several years prior to her disappearance.

In the entire time I lived in the house, there was never even so much as one thing out of place. There was never any cash missing, never any credit cards, cds, dvds, stereos or televisions missing. Never. Not once. Not one single thing. Needless to say, we did not change the locks again, but Kelly changed the locks herself in August of 2009.

There are several homes surrounding Kelly's house and many of them have residents who are at home for a good part of the day. There is also an intersection of two prominent roads one house down from Kelly's house. It is unlikely that someone could be around the house without being noticed by at least one person in the neighborhood.

The last time we discussed pet care when she was going out of town, she said that I shouldn't worry about the cats, she had friends who would take care of them. (The "friend" turned out to be my mom.) After August 2009, I don't know who watched the cats for her, but they would not have required a key to the house, because the cats were kept outdoors. I'm not saying she didn't give a key to someone, I'm saying that she wouldn't have HAD to give them a key. Kelly was EXTREMELY protective of her belongings. In fact, she once wrongfully accused one of my best friends of "stealing" one of her travel sized bottles of shampoo.

Secondly, the neighbor is not even a plausible possibility. She is elderly and lives home alone. Kelly and I both know her and her family and we even attended her husband's funeral a few years back. There's just no way she would be involved at all. She loves Kelly and is worried sick about her.

As for the cats, they are outside cats. At first there were three, but the neighbor down the street "adopted" (without our consent), the calico cat. So, now there are two who stay underneath the neighbor's porch. If Kelly was going to end her own life, I'm sure the LAST thing on her mind would be finding a home for the cats. She would be concerned about a lot of other things, primarily her mother, her nephews and nieces, and the rest of her family...etc.

I will admit I am not so great at expressing clear thoughts.
I am not acusing anyone, I was trying to make sence out of one small piece ,And I believe it to be correct. Kelly may have suspected people had come into her home before she may have been paraniod about it. She might have been trying to get attention who knows. But she had a conversation with this lady about it. And now she is missing. So while it is doubtful someone had been going into your home ,it remains to be seen as to why kelly has always felt someone was there..

Is Kelly mentaly ill? Is she on any medicane or was she?
I dont want to upset you,her , her family or the lady who feeds the cats. I do however want to sleuth the case and sometimes that entails talking about the stuff that might have, could have and even trying to envision life in someone else's shoes. It does not mean that is how it happened but it helps eliminate possiblities.
In all this thread we are getting a bigger picture of who Kelly is ,more so then any other case I have seen with so many different people in different parts of Kelly's life posting on the board altho is does hinder some aspects of sleuthing due to an emotional charged forum. I like having you on the thread it certainly helps keep a level headed perspective. You have provided details we would have never known, but nothing sleuthed here is meant to be a personal attack on anyone.

They haven't mentioned anything to me so maybe that is a new development.

your previous post indicate you know alot about bpa...who is they that have not mentioned al being fired? initials will work. i work there and have for 10+ yrs and know for a fact that when the cops were searching that afternoon..many in the building were wondering if there was a connection...i do not know personally if the timing works as i do not know exactly when al was "let go" or fired.....i assume the police know this as i said it was a common "what if" topic among the many people with sick stomachs looking out the windows at all of the activity..

your previous post indicate you know alot about bpa...who is they that have not mentioned al being fired? initials will work. i work there and have for 10+ yrs and know for a fact that when the cops were searching that afternoon..many in the building were wondering if there was a connection...i do not know personally if the timing works as i do not know exactly when al was "let go" or fired.....i assume the police know this as i said it was a common "what if" topic among the many people with sick stomachs looking out the windows at all of the activity..

Welcome Lateposter

Thank you for joining us. Did i understand that there was a termination of an initials AL on the same day as Kelly vanished?

Thanks for your insight and welcome to WS's lateposter. Could you share what you know about 'al'. How long had he worked there? Was he friends with Kelly? What did people think of him? Thanks

"They" would mean Kelly's family. I do talk to Kelly's family about what is going on with this case or at least what they know. We bounce ideas back and forth, the same that is going on on this forum. I have never been to Chesterfield, VA, never met anyone at BPA, etc etc but do have a connection to Kelly's family. I talked to some of the family tonight and from my understanding, they are looking into it. Hope that clears up everything.
Sounds to me like there was a person that was fired on that Friday. I know it may not be wise to say but if you can, can you offer any insight into his demeanor, how long did "al" work there, does BPA have cameras? Anything you can add would be greatly appreciated.

Found this on another posting site, probably lateposter putting it on there.
"I am 6ft so guessing he is shorter than me...he is not fat but beefy or hefty..does wear glasses but not thinning on top...has a ponytail...a receeding front hair line..tats on arms. es. not sure. This guy was a field sevice guy who is only in town a few days a month or so.
assume an issue with customer as he had been there maybe 5-7 years."

Okay, this does change things. How on earth can LE suggest suicide when they know someone was fired that day. I want to know a whole lot more about this "AL" for sure.

what I want to know also is does "Al" live locally in Chesterfield? Why I ask is because he has a better chance of pulling off something like this if he doesn't live near..no one would know Kelly or that she is missing. Possibly this didn't get the coverage that it so well deserved and he thinks he can pull this off. I would be getting in touch with someone and getting this guys address as soon as possible.

what I want to know also is does "Al" live locally in Chesterfield? Why I ask is because he has a better chance of pulling off something like this if he doesn't live near..no one would know Kelly or that she is missing. Possibly this didn't get the coverage that it so well deserved and he thinks he can pull this off. I would be getting in touch with someone and getting this guys address as soon as possible.

I sure hope they would have checked this out the first day they talked to the co-workers and found out about him. Surely they would have by now? :waitasec:

I would imagine, as posted earlier, that the company wanted to keep things tight lipped due to "high profile" clients. I am sure they told the employees not to talk either. I would hope that they did say something to the police, however, judging by what I am reading, I don't think so. I hope they prove me wrong!

I WAS going to ask if Kelly has any siblings, but then the "big red truck" hit, and of course she does...she has nieces and nephews "duh!" :crazy: Now, the reason I was going to ask is because I am an only child and I hate having people touch my stuff, move it around, etc. I know, this lends no insight whatsoever. :twocents:

Anyway, another question I have and have seen asked before, but I have not seen any answers...does she have some type of mental illness? Panic/anxiety attacks? Paranoia? New meds? I know my panic attacks can come so quickly that I don't even know what's happening until I'm in the middle of one. If someone at work knew this, could they have been playing on it?

There are just SO many questions....I, like everyone here, just want her found. She is on my mind constantly, trying to make sense of it all. :waitasec:

Now I'm rambling...sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member