VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just drove down to BPA and sat in the cul-de-sac, I think it would have be so easy for someone to have met Kelly there and taken off with her, this is kind of odd, as I was leaving a car came speeding up behind me, I thought they were going to pull me over especially when they overtook me, anyway it zoomed past me at a very high rate of speed, could't tell if it was a male or female driving, it was scary!

Unmarked police car? New security at BPA? Most importantly, did you get the license plate?

DeepThinker,

What can you tell us about the man from Delaware who disappeared? How old was he? When did he disappear? What was is occupation? Did he disappear near a river?

Folks,

Here are the other cases of people who have recently disappeared in Virginia:

Michael Lesly Green, age 27, male black, of Petersburg,VA disappeared after he was last seen at his home on the morning of December 19.

Kelly Catalano, age 40, female white, of Chester,VA disappeared from her workplace on January 15. Her workplace was near the Appomattox River. Kelly was a welder.

Joan Renee Cook, age 45, female white, of Roanoke County, VA disappeared after leaving her home on the night of January 24.

Jill Edmonds, age 40, female black, of Richmond,VA disappeared on January 25. Her car was found on the shoulder of the northbound lanes of the Powhite Parkway as it crosses the James River. Jill was a bank teller.

Eleanor Elizabeth Salotto, age 57, female white, of Lynchburg,VA disappeared on February 11. She was last seen in Lynchburg and police searched the James River in downtown Lynchburg. Eleanor was a college professor.

Did Michael Lesly Green and Joan Renee Cook disappear near a river?

What were the occupations of Michael Lesly Green and Joan Renee Cook?

I noticed the following things:

Three of the females are near the same age range and one of the female is older.

One of the cases involves the Appomattox River and two of the cases involve the James River.

The disappearances tend to occur during the middle or the last part of the month.

So the question is could some or all of these cases be connected in any way? An awful lot of coincidences here.

Are we dealing with a hate crime? Are we dealing with someone who is a bigot, or a religious zealot, or a homophobic? Or are we dealing with a serial killer?

Here's the link: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95631

Nerosleuth, I've been wondering the same thing...I went on mapquest and put in every location starting with the first disappearance and ending in Lynchburg and it's a continuous loop. Here's what I came up with:

From Petersburg (Michael) to Chester (Kelly) 12.37 miles Travel Time 17 minutes
From Chester (Kelly) to Roanoke (Joan) 160.93 miles Travel Time 3 hrs 1 min
From Roanoke (Joan) to Richmond (Jill) 187.08 miles Travel Time 3 hrs 7 mins
From Richmond (Jill) to Lynchburg (Eleanor) 115.58 miles Travel Time 2 hrs 13 mins

Is it random, are these people getting fed up with things and just up and leaving all their loved ones without even saying goodbye? Do we have a serial killer? This just seems too crazy for these people within hours of each other to just up and leave their lives behind without a trace. I am really concerned!!

Let's suppose the serial killer lives in center of the connected cities. If we take out Roanoke and Lynchburg, I believe that puts them somewhere around Chesterfield or Bellmeade. (I've seen this done on the crime shows a bunch of times.) If Roanoke, Lynchburg and even Charlottesville (Morgan) are part of the circle, then it looks like Farmville is in the middle.

Nerosleuth, I've been wondering the same thing...I went on mapquest and put in every location starting with the first disappearance and ending in Lynchburg and it's a continuous loop. Here's what I came up with:

From Petersburg (Michael) to Chester (Kelly) 12.37 miles Travel Time 17 minutes
From Chester (Kelly) to Roanoke (Joan) 160.93 miles Travel Time 3 hrs 1 min
From Roanoke (Joan) to Richmond (Jill) 187.08 miles Travel Time 3 hrs 7 mins
From Richmond (Jill) to Lynchburg (Eleanor) 115.58 miles Travel Time 2 hrs 13 mins

Is it random, are these people getting fed up with things and just up and leaving all their loved ones without even saying goodbye? Do we have a serial killer? This just seems too crazy for these people within hours of each other to just up and leave their lives behind without a trace. I am really concerned!!

I can't comment on the other names on this list but I doubt Kelly was done in by a serial killer. the reason I say that is that she was apparently lured out of the building by someone she knew (phone call, text, email or something).

I can't comment on the other names on this list but I doubt Kelly was done in by a serial killer. the reason I say that is that she was apparently lured out of the building by someone she knew (phone call, text, email or something).

Do we know that, or are we just assuming that? Yeah, it's weird that she left the building the way she did, but Shutterfly's photo-taking experience demonstrates that somebody could have been waiting unseen for someone -- any woman -- to come out alone.

That said, I don't buy into the serial killer idea at all. Just because a few murders happen in geographical proximity doesn't make them related.

We've gone thru a great deal of diff possible options and great scenarios....these are just some of my thoughts on things we know and are trying to fill in the blanks on...not in any particular order.

1) We've been told that an "anniversary" of some sort was in and around the time she went missing....seemingly described as "possibly" NOT a happy occasion....day of a breakup??? OR, maybe a happy/bittersweet occasion...a first anniversary of the beginning of a relationship that ended??

The family said she was "normal" and her happy self....seems to ME, she had "gotten over" that relationship...or at least was at a point where the "anniversary" wasn't as painful a memory or a concern....wasn't as painful, IMO, as was "alluded" to by a prior poster. We all have "anniversaries" of some sort....

2) She was seen by a friend in/after a yoga class the evening before she disappeared....said to be acting a little "different" than usual....AND....we have heard
Kelly was going to meet someone after the class.

Was this meeting actually proven or just here say...and WHO was it?? The relationship of this person to Kelly?? The reason for the meeting?? How long did it last?? IIRC, we don't know, right?? To me...VERY important piece to the puzzle. We've asked these same questions over and over.

3) It's been said that Kelly was interested in the "after life" lately....both in discussions, and, as we're told, in a journal she kept.

I don't know about other people...BUT, I often have "deep" discussions with friends/close relatives about many different topics....I keep a journal for just THOSE reasons....your PERSONAL thoughts, dreams, questions, feelings, daily things, etc....IMO, those are reasons WHY people keep journals.
I'm Catholic...I have these moments where I ponder "what if" things aren't what we believe...what about people who are athiests...what about this/that/the other, etc?? IMO, these are serious thoughts....things even "I" have written in my journal - kind of discussions "with yourself" when you're alone, meditating, maybe having a nice cup of tea and just are writing them down...that "special" time of TOTAL peace and quiet without any disruptions.

4) A basic combo of all the above...again, IMO.....why go to a yoga class the night before....why go to work the next day....why make future plans to see her neice(I think??) in a few weeks....who would do all these things when deciding to "go to see what's on the other side" as LE believes based on discussions and a journal?? (Although, there COULD be other info/evidence we don't know)

Finally...whewww...bet you all are happy!! LOL

The point about her leaving her work station...it was said her machine was still doing what it's supposed to do - not turned off....IMO, seems she had every intention of returning....after finishing some "business" that needed to be taken care of outside the building...
The reports of her being seen "sprinting" past the front windows....I just don't see someone "sprinting" to go take their own life....maybe if they were taking a "flying leap" off a building....
Don't know about any of you...many of my friends are runners...but I always say I'll only break out in a trot if someone's chasing me...
AND....IMO...the question about "bringing her lunch" is REALLY important (Post #130 by "knowsthings")...Did she bring her lunch??? If yes....it furthers the fact, in my mind, that she PLANNED on being at work to EAT it!! Why bring lunch if you aren't gonna BE THERE to eat it???

I agree with all the things that have been said about her NOT taking her own life....NO WAY IN HECK!!!!!

MY thoughts:

I believe she was going to meet someone in the employee parking lot outside that door
....I believe she felt it would only take a few minutes....I believe that person/persons had some sort of weapon or attacked her to get her into a car, which caused Kelly to "sprint" and was seen going past the front window to get away...I believe that person/persons went around the other side of the building and caught up with her....OR, ran past the same windows and just weren't seen, since maybe the people by the window left the area...I also believe that one/both of the person/persons were male.....in order to overpower her.....maybe brother/husband/friend of a past/current lover. She was taken away in a car....and I'm blank from here on....

Also...I have my email set so that when someone posts a comment, on the blog about this case that starts with "T", I get a notice....the latest 3 posts are interesting....someone asked about who drives a "gray sports car"....and another asks if they're talking about a "BMW".....

UPDATE : person just answered that they didn't know if is BMW or not....

*** Please let me know if this is breaking any TOS.....***

Also...I have my email set so that when someone posts a comment, on the blog about this case that starts with "T", I get a notice....the latest 3 posts are interesting....someone asked about who drives a "gray sports car"....and another asks if they're talking about a "BMW".....

UPDATE : person just answered that they didn't know if is BMW or not....

*** Please let me know if this is breaking any TOS.....***

Everyone keeps talking about this blog and I can't find it on any searches! Is there a way to pass the link along without getting anyone kicked off of here?

Sad that there doesn't seem to be much new evidence or ideas

from what I have read here it does seem that somehow Kelly was lured out

or planned to meet someone....why? for what reason?? to get back something?

pictures, letters something from the past??

I just don't feel this is a random serial killer cause who would be driving around an industrial park in the daytime , around factories that mostly employ men??

Ex lover...rejected would be lover (female or male)....??

Or perhaps someone with a grudge?? A fired worker, jealous of her standing with the company?? Hard to say...

I do think that the "things moved around" her house idea is worth looking into. Who did that or might do that?? This is so disturbing...poor Kelly..."if only" she had confided in people if something was wrong. She seemed like the confident strong type woman who probably thought she could handle this....and now here we are.

I've been trying to keep up with Kelly's story... What if someone called Kelly and told her they were down by the river and if she didn't come down there they were going to kill (shoot) themselves? That would explain her suddenly leaving work and running down toward the river. If someone pulls a gun on you they don't have to overpower you.

I don't know about you guys but I've had a stalker before and I didn't know him at all. It was very scary time in my life. That creepy stuff about Kelly thinking someone had been in her house sounds like a stalker.

I think the possibility Kelly harmed herself is off the table (for the record, I did not believe that was true). Why then are we not seeing any news on her going missing? What needs to happen to get Kelly's face on the TV set and in print? Can we barrage a local reporter with emails?

I think the possibility Kelly harmed herself is off the table (for the record, I did not believe that was true). Why then are we not seeing any news on her going missing? What needs to happen to get Kelly's face on the TV set and in print? Can we barrage a local reporter with emails?

I have been doing just that. Not only to local media but to some national sources as well. Of course, you don't get a response other than automated but I just don't want them to forget she is out there. I feel that until there is something new to offer them they are just not interested.

IMHO

Everyone keeps talking about this blog and I can't find it on any searches! Is there a way to pass the link along without getting anyone kicked off of here?

It actually isn't a blog, it is an internet forum/message board. It is a popular one that has individual boards/sites for different cities and areas. It deals with current popular **topics** in the news. You should be able to find it by googling Kelly's name, as well as the city.

Are her family members still there, searching?

Do we know that, or are we just assuming that? Yeah, it's weird that she left the building the way she did, but Shutterfly's photo-taking experience demonstrates that somebody could have been waiting unseen for someone -- any woman -- to come out alone.

That said, I don't buy into the serial killer idea at all. Just because a few murders happen in geographical proximity doesn't make them related.

I understand that it doesn't make them related but don't you find it in the least bit odd that these people come up missing within hours travel distance of each other and within days and weeks of each disappearance? In all my years on this earth I have never heard of that many people missing so close to each other and within days and weeks. Or is it that it's been happening but was never publicized as much? I don't know about any of the rest of you all, but I live here in Virginia and work right here in Roanoke within a few miles of Aveion Lewis, who was murdered and within 15 minutes or so of where Joan Cook disappeared, and all of this has me VERY concerned for other people, especially women, in this state. I think about them every day, especially when the wind is blowing and it's so cold outside. I'm praying for them every day, for them to come back home to the people who are crying for them, missing them, probably can't sleep because they're missing. I am deeply concerned for the well-being of these people who are missing and their families and I'm hoping and praying we are not going to continue to hear every week that someone else is missing.

I am friends on FB with one of Kelly's niece's and I pray every day for Kelly to come home so this family and others like them don't have to go through any more agony.

It actually isn't a blog, it is an internet forum/message board. It is a popular one that has individual boards/sites for different cities and areas. It deals with current popular **topics** in the news. You should be able to find it by googling Kelly's name, as well as the city.

It's okay to post the link, unless it comes up full of asterisks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back