VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A rather long, blistering post? If you're nuts, so am I. I just figured she got her websites mixed up. This a good group of caring folks.

I saw that and I'm glad it's gone. I was on the verge of saying something I would most definitely regret, went away to cool down -- and now there's nothing to get angry over.

A rather long, blistering post? If you're nuts, so am I. I just figured she got her websites mixed up. This a good group of caring folks.

She was rather specific to have gotten them mixed up ..

Anyway on with the thread. will repost that again later maybe.

I saw that and I'm glad it's gone. I was on the verge of saying something I would most definitely regret, went away to cool down -- and now there's nothing to get angry over.

That's what I did. Now that we know we still have our marbles...back to our regularly scheduled program.

:)

Nerosleuth, where are you going with the GPS? I've had mine all of 2 weeks and am still new to it. I noticed that it registerd my miles per hour and since I was speeding, was expecting a ticket in the mail. :innocent:

My cell phone has a GPS in case the unthinkable happens.

Matter of fact, about a year ago my youngest son called my oldest son in the middle of the night. It was an odd call that was suddenly disconnected, so oldest son somehow found the location of his brother through the GPS (or whatever you call it) on his phone and went to the rescue.

I'll have to ask how he did that.

Thanks Joseph. I will check in the morning for search details. How many people are coming possibly? I'm going to call Kelly's family to let them know about the search (if you haven't already contacted them).

Nerosleuth, where are you going with the GPS? I've had mine all of 2 weeks and am still new to it.

Marine Mom, GPS is a very useful tool. If you're driving somewhere, it can take you to the exact location where you're going with excellent turn by turn directions. It's useful if you're hiking or walking on a trail.

Waypoints can be any kind of location, such as where you parked your car at before going on a hike, a meeting point, or the location of a shelter along a trail. It can even be a location of a favorite restaurant.

My thinking is that Kelly could be an outdoors type of person. She could use a GPS to go hiking on a trail, or maybe go hunting in a remote area. She can even use a GPS to drive somewhere if she was going to an area that she wasn't familiar with.

If Kelly have a GPS, it's also possible that she could have a DeLorme back roads map book. DeLorme has back roads map book of almost every state. It is a very detailed road map and it has the latitude and longitude coordinates if you want to use it along with your GPS. The DeLorme map book can be found at a good sporting goods store.

Nerosleuth.

Well. You learn something new every day. I grab my cell along with my purse wherever I go. My GPS is resting comfortably beside me on the desk. :angel: (Old dog, new tricks thing...)

Not really sure how long Kelly has lived and worked in this area and how well she knows it. Just thinking out loud, if she were going for a walk/jog during work, her destination would be close by and she would have done it before. Really can't see her hunting since she was at work at the time. My workplace will fire you if you bring a gun on property. Imagine that. :angel:

Never heard of DeLorme before. This is worth another look. Why carry someone (I am so sorry family) that you may have overcome out into the open when there are already places to hide her. Do you happen to have this DeLorme?

I am not sure if this has been answered before but does anyone know if Kelly had brought in her lunch the day she disappeared?

I pulled up to Blueprint at about 4:30 pm Tuesday. I first drove to the parking lot closest to the river at the business across the street. The red square marks that location and subsequent pics follow from that spot.

CatalanoMycar1.jpg

DSCN0401.jpg

DSCN0402.jpg

DSCN0400.jpg

This is the next location photographed

CatalanoMyCar.jpg

DSCN0399.jpg

Notice the grass line you see sitting even with my Ford Escape? That hill almost totally blocks the view of my vehicle from the front of Blueprint. A car or small truck, in place of my SUV would be completely out of view.

Here's the hill again with another partial view of the building. Same spot.
DSCN0398.jpg

Here's me parked in the end of the dead end closest to the river.

DSCN0407.jpg

DSCN0409.jpg

This is taken up the hill directly above where you see the ATV tracks
DSCN0410.jpg

DSCN0413.jpg

Now look at this.... found it interesting, and the timing spooky. He pulled in behind me and just sat there, right where you see him. Notice he completely blovks the view of the building from my side when I start pulling in the pictures for you.....

DSCN0411.jpg

DSCN0406.jpg

This is the rear of Blueprint....closest to the river
DSCN0418.jpg

This is beyond the door beside the employee parking area

DSCN0415.jpg

More of the rear

DSCN0416.jpg

You're now sitting with your back to the employee parking area of Blueprint. There is a retention pond here and some sort of office trailers across the way over there.
DSCN0417.jpg

Here's a better shot of that retention pond. Blueprint is on your right....
DSCN0419.jpg

Here's the infamous "red truck lot" behind Blueprint
DSCN0424.jpg

DSCN0423.jpg

This is all I've got loaded right now and I'll have more next week as I have to go back nest Tuesday. I haven't been home long so I'm dead tired and can't see straight to load them properly so I'm going to quit while I'm ahead. It was just too cold to get many more, there was too much snow on the ground, and the wind was blowing about 40mph and blowing snow all in my lens so I couldn't get all the way to the river to get good pics anyway. Being by myself made that a little dicey.

It could be a dangerous spot I think. It is NOT level ground in tht area. It is definitely sloped and that river is WAY high now. I do however, want you to know, that I sat in the first parking space across from that goliath front door for a half an hour and I never saw a thing on the inside of this building move. I went to the door looking to ask for permission. There was no one there in the lobby area at all. So I did it anyway. No one once asked what I was doing, and I drove all around the building afterward, and walked some, taking more photo's. I found it very strange that even after what happened to Kelly, no one seems to have much awareness as to what's going on down there. That is, except for the delivery driver.

Shutterfly....thank you for those amazing photos....they really put the location into perspective for us!! You do terrific work....I am always impressed with your contributions.

That is very surprising that nobody was concerned with your being at Blueprint, taking numerous photos, etc. I would have expected their security to have been "stepped up" in light of Kelly's disappearance. The area really seems terribly secluded and gives me the creeps.....and the way that your car was hidden behind the building really concerns me to no end.

I find myself thinking about Kelly's disappearance all of the time....how can a woman report to work just like every other workday, and then just "poof".....she's gone?? This scares me to no end.

Thanks, Shutterfly, those pictures are wonderful.

I used to work in a small industrial park like this. If you went out the back door of our building and cut through the back of the lot where they had left construction debris, you got to a footpath that followed a little-used rail line behind several of the buildings. In good weather, lots of people would be out running or walking at noon. Other times, it was deserted. If you went out for a walk to clear your head instead of having afternoon coffee, you'd run into some of the neighborhood kids hanging out after school. There were reports of a couple of incidents with hostile transients who set up shelter in the construction debris, but I never saw anybody there.

And as for security...

...all I can say is, Yeah, right. Our building had the best security because it had several different companies in it, and there was a receptionist to answer the phone, accept packages, direct people to the right spot, etc. She kept a good eye on the lobby, but never outside. There were official security people but as far as I could tell the only thing they were good for is, they knew the phone number to call the day a thunderstorm knocked down a power line across half the cars in the parking lot.

So yeah -- this confirms what I had been thinking about Kelly, that this was not the safest place in the world for her to have been walking. (I don't mean it was her fault, only there's a lot of room for bad things to happen.)

Shutterfly:
What a great job you did. Taking pictures, letting us seen it all from a ground level view.
I think you took a risk, but how would you know that until you were out there and saw how no one from inside could really see you and you could not see in.
I also find it a little strange that no one wonders about someone taking pictures
all around the place.
That makes it even more plausible for Kelly to disappear in plain sight.

Shutterfly,

You continue to amaze me! Those were great shots and helped us see up close and personal the area involved in this case.

I would have definitely freaked when the FedEx guy parked his truck so close, but then again, maybe HE was freaked to see another car park in his "break space." I bet he locked the doors to the van! lol

Thank you for all that you do both in this case and others. Good job, far beyond anything we could have hoped for!

And thanks for the red-truck images!

Shutterfly, thanks not only for the good photos, but for the narration, explanation and observations you made. I think it's very cool that you took the time to do this!

The fact that you were able to roam about in this way, concealed in some ways without really trying to be, is unsettling in light of Kelly's disappearance.

I love trees and snow, so it's hard for me to really sense the danger there. It doesn't feel creepy to me when I look at it!

The combination of not sending off any alarm bells, along with its seclusion, could certainly work to someone's advantage.

Contacted a family member. Along with some of their people, I will be there. Checking back later for the meeting place.

ok everyone. we will meet at blupoint automation at 12:00 pm. if anyone has any queistions about anything, please call me at <redacted>. thank you to all. please come out and help us help kelly!

Dear Posters:

You may PM each other all you want to.

However, there is to be NO discussion of PMs or PMing on the forum. That is against TOS.

Thanks,

Hoppy

(((((((((((((((((((((( shutterfly ))))))))))))))))))))) please don't go out there alone again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState