VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coworkers have answered these questions plus many more. Just not here in your fourm. Just because the employees of BPA are not all on here telling YOU what they know does not mean that they are not doing their part. The agencies involved as well as many locals (like joe d) are exploring every possible scenerio (? spelling). I bet only three or four BPA people even know about this site and even then they probably only follow. I am a BPA employee and know for a fact of all that the company has and is doing. Layoff the company and it's employees. Trust me...all information, as small as it may seem, has been given to the proper authorities through the proper channels. Kelly loved BPA and we love her. A great inspiration to alll every day with that smile and happy attitude.

Thank you Lateposter for all of your and your fellow employees' assistance in this tough case. We can sometimes tend to forget that we don't have all the info, and all we can really do is theorize. We truly appreciate when someone close to the case is willing to come and fill in the blanks for us. We can get frustrated here because the victims in these cases become near and dear to us, and all we want to do is help. For my part, if I have said anything to offend, I truly apologize.

I know other posters have noticed (me too) that there are several disappearances in the area Kelly went missing. IIRC, Kelly included, there are 4 women and 1 man. I believe at least 2 others are near water. Also, there is a male who disappeared (also near water, his vehicle found running and radio on) in DE, which is across Chesapeake Bay. They've all disappeared within the last month, I believe. While I'm not saying that they are at all connected, it's just weird.

It is weird. Virginia has had its problems of late, actually for a while, with mysterious disappearances and unsolved murders, at least it seems that way to me. And of course there were those missing who have since been found deceased, such as Morgan Harrington, Cassandra Morton, and the two VTech students (Metzler/Childs). And often enough water is often involved--what's up with that? In general, the more I read at WS the more I see the world has gone a bit crazy.

yes, the word "sprint" would indicate a high rate of speed not just a jog, I still haven't heard if anyone saw her down by the river, were there any duckhunters around? What time did she normally go to lunch? I don't know why her co-workers won't answer these questions, we are trying to find Kelly!

In page one of this thread I posted a link to where the media reported that she did inform 2 other co workers she was going for a walk. If that is the case she most likely would not of left the machine running. Was it cut back on by someone wanting to mask noise by the door?

I keep thinking about the hotel worker found in the ceiling where she was reported missing and Ann le who was found in a wall and wonder if it is possible Kelly could still be in that building.

In page one of this thread I posted a link to where the media reported that she did inform 2 other co workers she was going for a walk. If that is the case she most likely would not of left the machine running. Was it cut back on by someone wanting to mask noise by the door?

I keep thinking about the hotel worker found in the ceiling where she was reported missing and Ann le who was found in a wall and wonder if it is possible Kelly could still be in that building.

I would hope by now, LE would have thought of that and searched the building?

I had to re-read that part of the article a couple of times. I finally came to the conclusion that it was slang for "getting outta there fast", not that it was a machine or car running. Actually, you can barely hear anyone's car running anymore unless it's an old muscle car with someone's foot on the pedal and that would draw attention.

What do you think?

Kelly ran outside because someone told her something either on the phone or in person. It was the spur of the moment thing. It wasn't a suicide thing at all. It could be someone threatened her to go outside or coerced her like something was happening to someone else. All my opinion.

People have lived with, worked with, went to church with, went to school with ........ murderers, rapists, molestors..... many times without ever knowing something was wrong with them. I hope that LE is looking into anyone who had contact with Kelly before she was missing....including her coworkers. Look at the recent college shooting. I bet her coworkers didn't have a clue that there was something that wrong.

What I am really leaning towards is an ex had her come outside to lure her with a lie that they would get back together, or threaten if she didn't come out they would come in her work and say something.

I would hope the building would have been searched too, but LE seemed to think possible suicide ,they have a witness seeing her run towards the water. I am not LE but the other two cases it wasnt immediately apparent the people reported missing were still in the building. In Annie's case the lack of video showing an exit from the building made them go back into the building for second search.
Would BPA's building plan be a public file at the courthouse?

I just drove down to BPA and sat in the cul-de-sac, I think it would have be so easy for someone to have met Kelly there and taken off with her, this is kind of odd, as I was leaving a car came speeding up behind me, I thought they were going to pull me over especially when they overtook me, anyway it zoomed past me at a very high rate of speed, could't tell if it was a male or female driving, it was scary!

Has anyone looked in places that her x or xs may go in a "time of stress"? Not to point the finger, but where she was taken from has been searched over and over (per forums). Maybe there are parks, family homes, mountain hiking spots? Just thinking out loud.

My thoughts and prayers are with Kelly and her family.

Not to be obviously crude, but if Kelly's body was hidden in the work building
or close to the work building, someone would noticed an odor by now.

We know Kelly did not take her car.
We know she left the building to either take a walk, respond to a phone call,
or a reason we are unaware of.
We know Kelly appeared fine the night before.
We know she was worried about someone being in her home, per a neighbor.
We know she was working longer shifts.
We know there has been no sight or sound of Kelly since the day she left work to take a 'walk.'

The area has been searched. The river has been searched.
I am sure co workers have shown LE and family where Kelly usually went on her walks.

So, is it a horrible accident and no one has found her yet?
Is it an abduction by someone she does not know?
Is it an abduction by someone she does know well?

Sigh

I may have missed this or it may not have been mentioned at all, but what about her cellphone...don't cellphones have GPS? Was there any signal coming from her phone, or does the person who owns the phone have to turn that on or activate it?

It is my understanding that all the newer model cellphones have GPS capability - however the GPS must be activated to be of use.

It is my understanding that all the newer model cellphones have GPS capability - however the GPS must be activated to be of use.

Mine came out of the box with it activated. Little yes or no box to check. It was already checked "yes". My phone is about 4 years old.

I know other posters have noticed (me too) that there are several disappearances in the area Kelly disappeared. IIRC, Kelly included, there are 4 women and 1 man. I believe at least 2 others are near water. Also, there is a male who disappeared (also near water, his vehicle found running and radio on) in DE, which is across Chesapeake Bay. They've all disappeared within the last month, I believe. While I'm not saying that they are at all connected, it's just weird.

DeepThinker,

What can you tell us about the man from Delaware who disappeared? How old was he? When did he disappear? What was is occupation? Did he disappear near a river?

Folks,

Here are the other cases of people who have recently disappeared in Virginia:

Michael Lesly Green, age 27, male black, of Petersburg,VA disappeared after he was last seen at his home on the morning of December 19.

Kelly Catalano, age 40, female white, of Chester,VA disappeared from her workplace on January 15. Her workplace was near the Appomattox River. Kelly was a welder.

Joan Renee Cook, age 45, female white, of Roanoke County, VA disappeared after leaving her home on the night of January 24.

Jill Edmonds, age 40, female black, of Richmond,VA disappeared on January 25. Her car was found on the shoulder of the northbound lanes of the Powhite Parkway as it crosses the James River. Jill was a bank teller.

Eleanor Elizabeth Salotto, age 57, female white, of Lynchburg,VA disappeared on February 11. She was last seen in Lynchburg and police searched the James River in downtown Lynchburg. Eleanor was a college professor.

Did Michael Lesly Green and Joan Renee Cook disappear near a river?

What were the occupations of Michael Lesly Green and Joan Renee Cook?

I noticed the following things:

Three of the females are near the same age range and one of the female is older.

One of the cases involves the Appomattox River and two of the cases involve the James River.

The disappearances tend to occur during the middle or the last part of the month.

So the question is could some or all of these cases be connected in any way? An awful lot of coincidences here.

Are we dealing with a hate crime? Are we dealing with someone who is a bigot, or a religious zealot, or a homophobic? Or are we dealing with a serial killer?

Nerosleuth, I've been wondering the same thing...I went on mapquest and put in every location starting with the first disappearance and ending in Lynchburg and it's a continuous loop. Here's what I came up with:

From Petersburg (Michael) to Chester (Kelly) 12.37 miles Travel Time 17 minutes
From Chester (Kelly) to Roanoke (Joan) 160.93 miles Travel Time 3 hrs 1 min
From Roanoke (Joan) to Richmond (Jill) 187.08 miles Travel Time 3 hrs 7 mins
From Richmond (Jill) to Lynchburg (Eleanor) 115.58 miles Travel Time 2 hrs 13 mins

Is it random, are these people getting fed up with things and just up and leaving all their loved ones without even saying goodbye? Do we have a serial killer? This just seems too crazy for these people within hours of each other to just up and leave their lives behind without a trace. I am really concerned!!

Not to be obviously crude, but if Kelly's body was hidden in the work building
or close to the work building, someone would noticed an odor by now.

We know Kelly did not take her car.
We know she left the building to either take a walk, respond to a phone call,
or a reason we are unaware of.
We know Kelly appeared fine the night before.
We know she was worried about someone being in her home, per a neighbor.
We know she was working longer shifts.
We know there has been no sight or sound of Kelly since the day she left work to take a 'walk.'

The area has been searched. The river has been searched.
I am sure co workers have shown LE and family where Kelly usually went on her walks.

So, is it a horrible accident and no one has found her yet?
Is it an abduction by someone she does not know?
Is it an abduction by someone she does know well?

Sigh

I have saw the building was searched the day she went missing but nothing after.
I would like to think if she was in the building someone one have found her by now , Cooler temps and freezing temp would slow down the smell and if someone was tying to hide a body in the building (which I asume is filled with tool boxes and welding tools) air tight is a good option. Not that I believe it to be true ,but this is just as the possible as any other explaination. I just want to know that the Police searched the building and not just the employees of BPA.

I am trying to remember the case where there was a body welded shut in a box I think it was on the unidentifed forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange