VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't want to quote my own super long post that's reposted above, but I did want to post this portion from it because it says everything I feel right now.

I feel like a dimwit. Had I known Swift Creek came up this far when I was there, I would have searched that area myself as best I could.

I haven't been able to get back to Virginia since I posted that theory of mine. Kelly, honey, wherever you are looking down on us, please forgive me...I'm so sorry I didn't come for you. I feel like such a catastrophic failure. This is truly one of the worst days of my life. I was so sure of where she was. I just should have gone.....and tried. All I can do now is pray that some caring soul, by some slim chance, saw my post, and that perhaps that caused them to pay extra attention to their surroundings in that area while boating.

And to Kelly's family and friends....God be with all of you, we love you all so much and we continue to pray for strength for all of you. I said that when it was time, God would bring our Kelly home. It's time, and I believe with all of my heart that she will tell us exactly what happened.

Shutterfly, you cannot blame yourself. You did ALOT as well as did the people who searched also. You need to pat yourself on the back. Kelly would be proud to know that she had so many people that she didn't know, that cared about her and her family enough to look for her. You should be commended for your hard work.

I didn't want to quote my own super long post that's reposted above, but I did want to post this portion from it because it says everything I feel right now.

I haven't been able to get back to Virginia since I posted that theory of mine. Kelly, honey, wherever you are looking down on us, please forgive me...I'm so sorry I didn't come for you. I feel like such a catastrophic failure. This is truly one of the worst days of my life. I was so sure of where she was. I just should have gone.....and tried. All I can do now is pray that some caring soul, by some slim chance, saw my post, and that perhaps that caused them to pay extra attention to their surroundings in that area while boating.

And to Kelly's family and friends....God be with all of you, we love you all so much and we continue to pray for strength for all of you. I said that when it was time, God would bring our Kelly home. It's time, and I believe with all of my heart that she will tell us exactly what happened.

Shutterfly, you are no failure, my friend. You did an amazing thing just by going there and taking the photos you did. And what you showed us, what, a week ago? about Swift Creek was exactly right. It is no accident that you took those photos and Kelly was found exactly where you thought she would be. Failure? No way! You were used for good, Shutterfly. FOR GOOD.

I'm assuming the location is right here. It's flipped upside down so north is south. You can see the docks at White Bank Park. The news photo's are all showing EMS, police and rescue persons congregated at these boat docks seen below.
whitebank.jpg

I felt a sick feeling when I heard the first reports...now the more information that comes out the tears won't stop flowing.

Sending prayers for strength to her family. Hope for the truth to come out. Appreciation for everyone that has carried her in their hearts over these weeks.

Shutterfly, I agree with Beltingitout...your contributions here have been and always are invaluable and are so appreciated to us here.

To Kelly's family and friends, I am so truly, truly sorry if this proves to be her body. I just wish I could have met Kelly in life. She really inspired quite a lot of emotion, concern and caring in so many of us here. I know we all feel so badly today but will be glad that she's home.

I feel like I lost a close, dear friend right now.

(What a devoted, caring family Kelly has!!)

I always feel sick when remains are found -- because it's somebody's son or daughter, father or mother, lover or friend. Even if it's not Kelly, somebody is going to be grieving.

Shutterfly, you have nothing to blame yourself for. You did the best you could -- and as the others have said, maybe your photos contributed to the person who found her paying a little more attention, or added to the karma that was pointing to her. And you cared.

Okay, now let me see if I can stop saying OMG and shaking my head long enough to give those of you light years from Colonial Heights, a detailed view of our entire area of interest.
Layout.jpg

I would like to say thank you for all the people who has helped finding Kelly ,all of you are great . My prayers and my heart are with all the family and the good people here.
I wish we could have done more .

Words from the young man who brought Kelly home to us.....

http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=12124783

*snipped
A canonist discovered the body about noon today. This is about a mile south from where a Chester woman went missing back in January. But police have not released the identity but say clothing on the body is consistent with what the missing woman was wearing.

Jonathan Xxxxx's worst fear came true. The Virginia Tech PHD student was on Swift Creek checking bird boxes as part of his studies when he made a gruesome discovery.

On a tiny island, about a half mile from shore, was the body of a woman. Xxxxx called police from his cell phone.

Colonial Heights fire launched a boat with Xxxxx on board pointing the way to the remains. Chesterfield police and fire took over since Swift Creek is in the county's jurisdiction.

About 3 p.m., divers brought the remains to the boat landing.

White Bank Park is about a mile south from where Kelly Catalano went missing on January 15. But police have not said whether the body found today is that of Catalano.

Xxxxx says you could have not seen the body from the shore.

"This is my fourth year at this sight working with the birds and the bird boxes and one of my biggest fears was always running into a body and that's just something you say and today as I was going up the creek and checking a bird box I looked over my shoulder and thought that looks not good," Xxxxx said

Thank you Jonathan, may God bless you and reward you for your bravery.

first off. to kelly and her family. i am sorry your loss. you know how bad i feel. im getting sick and tired of people throwing duck hunters in the mix. say what you want. i have been there from day 1....period! i brought others on. others on this site, who have helped search also. you can say what you want but try to walk in my shoes.....you cant. i am here to send my love to kelleys family. closeure is key and thats what its getting at. my love to you michelle and jeff. you are the only ones that count! love from va..........joseph.......call me if need be

oh yeah... thanks to you ccweb....you were a very big help. and kellys family says thanks.

My heart goes out to her friends and family. I feel sick.
I hope they are able to determine what happened. I live in Richmond and this is one of the cases that really has gotten to me.

Joseph, you are a super guy and I can only imagine a great friend to have. I know the family appreciates your efforts, as well as the friends of Kelly. I say the same thing to you that I did Shutterfly, not many people would take time out of their lives to help search for someone they do not know. It makes me proud to live in such a great nation with such great people. Thank you for trying.

Joseph, you are a super guy and I can only imagine a great friend to have. I know the family appreciates your efforts, as well as the friends of Kelly. I say the same thing to you that I did Shutterfly, not many people would take time out of their lives to help search for someone they do not know. It makes me proud to live in such a great nation with such great people. Thank you for trying.

thank you so much. that meant so much.

Colonial Heights and Chesterfield are investigating after a body was found in a branch of the Appomattox River Thursday. Chesterfield Police believe the body recovered is that of Kelly Catalano; a Chesterfield woman missing since mid-January.

http://www.wric.com/global/story.asp?s=12124828

first off. to kelly and her family. i am sorry your loss. you know how bad i feel. im getting sick and tired of people throwing duck hunters in the mix. say what you want. i have been there from day 1....period! i brought others on. others on this site, who have helped search also. you can say what you want but try to walk in my shoes.....you cant. i am here to send my love to kelleys family. closeure is key and thats what its getting at. my love to you michelle and jeff. you are the only ones that count! love from va..........joseph.......call me if need be

For your endless efforts trying to find her I send my heartfelt gratitude! Thanks you for everything you have done to try and help bring her home. You are truely an angel! :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member