VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is one of the forums I have been reading since she went missing but havent posted on it.......very sad to hear this news......my deepest sympathy to her family and those who knew her who have been posting on here...........

I had company today and did not learn of Kelly being found
until a few minutes ago.

I am relieved that she has been found.
But I am saddened that she is no longer with us.

A big thank you to her family that posted here on WS.
It took a lot to share your thoughts and feelings here.
I appreciate it.
My prayers go out to all of you tonight.

Thank you to the WS posters who went and searched for Kelly, to those
who drove to her workplace and took pictures and those who researched on line.....
thanks to all of you who cared enough to do your best to find Kelly.

You are in the arms of the angels now, Kelly.

RIP Kelly.

I have learned that you were a firecracker of a person with a beautiful smile and a twinkle in your eye. The world was better with you in it.

Oh, gosh...I've been gone all evening and just got back...was hoping against hope that this wasn't Kelly...when I saw the "found deceased" notation next to her name I just felt so sick in side. I am speachless....

To Kelly's family and friends...you are all so wonderful and caring...you have all honored Kelly in such an amazing way. Thank you for sharing so much with us here.....you have each made me feel like I really did know her in a way. I just wish I had. What a beautiful lady.

This makes me so sad, I can't even express it.....

I just wanted to Thank you all for all your help from Joseoh that spent so many hours with my family searching to shutterfly who took such great pictures to help me understand what the area looked like. Shutterfly dont be so hard on yourself. I know I said I need to find her which I did but now that I truely know that she has been gone for awhile. I have to think of it as..."what they found was just her body..The spirit and soul of Kelly were wrapped safe in the arms of Jesus where she was safe and nobody could hurt her." CCweb and beltingitout Thank you for all the help you have given my family. The rest of you have been absolutly great also and I would like to thank you all for letting me post here. It has made me feel useful. Just knowing so many of you cared and wanted to help makes me realize there is still some good out there. I am sorry I am starting to ramble but I do have so much to say and just not sure how to say it. My mind is going 1000 mph and my heart is hurting!
Joseph words cannot express how thankful my family is for your help and the help of your fellow duck hunter friends.
Hopefully the body will tell the story of what had happened to Kelly because justice for her is needed!

Also PLEASE pray for the gentleman who found Kelly that cannot be an easy thing to deal with.
And please pray for my family and for the truth to be revealed. I will be reading the post here until justice is served but not sure how much posting I will be doing. Posting on Ws in theory seems like an easy thing to do but when what is being posted is about somebody you love you so much it actually is a lot harder than you would think.
ok I am rambling way to much so....
Thank you all and God bless!!

As of now there still has not been any positve ID saying that it is Kelly!

How do you express the sorrow you feel for someone you knew that has gone through this? All I can say is a big THANK YOU to Joseph D and everyone that went out and looked, THANK YOU to Shutter Fly for caring enough to put all these wonderful photos and info together (your wonderful, big hug) and THANK YOU all for your prayers, concern and sleuthing.

It was hard hearing the news that the body found could possibly/probably is Kelly, I was so hoping we would find her alive (still am). Just as an additional info, part of her uniform would have been steel toe shoes/boots unless she changed them before going for her walk, which I doubt.

I got a response from the places I asked to post her picture that are about an hour or more from where she worked reagarding if they should take them down based on my postings on other sites. I reluctantly said yes, but I will be happy to print more if indeed it is not Kelly. They assured me that they would be happy to post them again.

AnotherNeice, Jeff, Judy and the rest of Kelly's family and friends, I am just so very sorry, my deepest sympathy for your loss. I hope you can find closure, heal and continue to love Kelly as much as you do even if she is not beside you physically. Hind sight is 20/20 and I wish I had not lost touch with her after I left BPA, I will however continue to pray for her. She was/IS so beautiful, witty, caring and I enjoyed her company. Love and prayers to you all.

Good night/morning WS, keep sleuthing.

TO: Kelly
May you find peace and happiness where ever you are. You know that you are loved and will be missed greatly. I am sorry I was unable to be there for you and I hope you can forgive me for that. With love and God Bless.

I had company today and did not learn of Kelly being found
until a few minutes ago.

I am relieved that she has been found.
But I am saddened that she is no longer with us.

A big thank you to her family that posted here on WS.
It took a lot to share your thoughts and feelings here.
I appreciate it.
My prayers go out to all of you tonight.

Thank you to the WS posters who went and searched for Kelly, to those
who drove to her workplace and took pictures and those who researched on line.....
thanks to all of you who cared enough to do your best to find Kelly.

You are in the arms of the angels now, Kelly.

Dreamweaver - what you said! You expressed my own thoughts so well, I am just going to quote you.

I am so saddened by this. My thoughts and prayers are with Kelly's family and loved ones, and with my fellow Web Sleuthers.

Blessed Be!
Rosie

If this young man that found this body had been checking out his bird houses for studies, I wonder how often he checked that area?

If this young man that found this body had been checking out his bird houses for studies, I wonder how often he checked that area?

I think it said he was a VT student. I happen to know VT is on spring break now. Maybe he's home for the first time since school started. Just saying.

Bumping in memory of Kelly ...

We will be here until we figure out who did this to her, until they are sentenced, and until we know her family and loved ones are okay with that... in other words... we are here for the long haul... forevermore.--nursebeeme

I just wondered if maybe he had been in that area after Jan. 15th and before March 11th. If he was in that area, maybe he would have noticed a body then? Maybe not if it was submerged but regardless we can't rule out foul play. Someone moving the body there AFTER everyone had looked in that area.

I just wondered if maybe he had been in that area after Jan. 15th and before March 11th. If he was in that area, maybe he would have noticed a body then? Maybe not if it was submerged but regardless we can't rule out foul play. Someone moving the body there AFTER everyone had looked in that area.

Very true... lots of things could have happened here, though.
-She could have fell in
-Got pushed in
-She could have even jumped
-She could have been forced onto a boat and dropped off at the island after something sinister took place (far out there)

As for the first three:
They'll be able to tell if she had been under water and how long for. I read that this place couldn't be seen from shore, and due to the weather in the area since mid-January, it's possible no one has been out in a boat before then to find her.

She could have been under water for this long, or she could have landed on the island some time ago and we wont know until an autopsy is complete. From what I understand, the temps have been in the 60s there for at least a week or so.

I get the feeling that since LE called this a suicide so early on, they didn't get very far along the river before they stopped their searches.

As far as I'm concerned, an "island" would have been a first place to check if you thought she had been in the water.

I'm from Chesterfield and I didn't even know we had islands...

Let me try to explain this and maybe this will make sense...I know IF the guy had seen the body before, obviously he would have called police. HOWEVER, did he go to the exact same area and maybe a body was not there? This would suggest that either the body was possibly submerged OR the body was moved there AFTER divers and others had searched that area...assuming they did search the area there.

IF I were family, I would have an additional autopsy done in PA. What bothers me is that they did call this "suicide" early on and to call it something else at this point, they would have to start looking for a suspect and I am not sure that LE is interested in doing this. I would hope that they would but I haven't been convinced of this since she went missing.

IF I were family, I would have an additional autopsy done in PA. What bothers me is that they did call this "suicide" early on and to call it something else at this point, they would have to start looking for a suspect and I am not sure that LE is interested in doing this. I would hope that they would but I haven't been convinced of this since she went missing.

And unfortunately they most likely would not be able to tell if she jumped, fell, or got pushed from an autopsy. All have the potential to result in drowning :(

Very true... lots of things could have happened here, though.
-She could have fell in
-Got pushed in
-She could have even jumped
-She could have been forced onto a boat and dropped off at the island after something sinister took place (far out there)

As for the first three:
They'll be able to tell if she had been under water and how long for. I read that this place couldn't be seen from shore, and due to the weather in the area since mid-January, it's possible no one has been out in a boat before then to find her.

She could have been under water for this long, or she could have landed on the island some time ago and we wont know until an autopsy is complete. From what I understand, the temps have been in the 60s there for at least a week or so.

I get the feeling that since LE called this a suicide so early on, they didn't get very far along the river before they stopped their searches.

As far as I'm concerned, an "island" would have been a first place to check if you thought she had been in the water.

I'm from Chesterfield and I didn't even know we had islands...

BBM

I know LLL, I was thinking the same thing. Actually, according to a video here http://www.wtvr.com/ it says this "island" is something like 20'x24' That's awfully tiny to be considered an island by anyone's standards. Heck, Jonathan's (guy who found Kelly) lil boat would be almost that long!

I agree, 192%. I made it clear way up in the front how I felt about CPD and CHPD. They did jump the gun and label this a suicide. Now, because of the backlash that will ensue if her death is ruled anything other than suicide, CPD and CHPD will be in BIG soup. For that reason they'll likely play CYA with the autopsy results. ATTN; KELLY FAMILY...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE follow beltingitout's advice!?!?!?!

I lived there for 36 years, my entire life, until four years ago. I have a sneaking suspicion that the CYA game began yesterday, at about 3 pm.

I'm so upset. This is no suicide. I didn't believe it two months ago, and I don't believe it today. That's the easy way out of this one for CPD and CHPD, but family, WSers, and most of the public are not buying it.

If a husband or boyfriend had a history of strangling, harassing, stalking, and damaging the personal property of his now deceased former wife or girlfriend, he'd be sitting at LE headquarters to be grilled on this case this very afternoon. Perhaps he'd have already been arrested. We've seen it happen again and again on WS. The same reasoning and investigation should apply to former same-sex couples as well, shouldn't it, CPD?

We can only hope LE will do the right thing. CYA isn't going to cut it in this case.

it was my opinion of the area... and what people on post called it. And than there is petersburg... Sorry if it offended you I didn't mean it to at all. not at all joseph. In fact I will delete it. again didn't mean to offend you

no harm at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member