VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back to the post about someone living back there and leaving the canoe for their use...where do they live? The real estate assessment that Chili Fries found states no residential - land only. Do they live in a tent? Do they live on another tract and leave the canoe on this property owners land? Also - I wonder - is the canoe still there?

I think it was essentially the same entitity but maybe renamed or merged with another business, or partner added, etc. This information is viewable by clicking the ownership history button.

I think it was essentially the same entitity but maybe renamed or merged with another business, or partner added, etc. This information is viewable by clicking the ownership history button.

Thank you, it is interesting that it was sold for $0, and then sold for way over tax appraisal.

I'm not sure why so many posters are interested in the identity of the owner of the land on which sits the pool of water (a pond) and the canoe. Anyone could have used the canoe that day to transport Kelly to the small island on the opposite side of Swift Creek. ANYONE. It certainly didn't have to be the landowner.

It could have been a male or two males; could have been a female or two females; could have been a hunter or perhaps not. Point is, what an ideal situation to have a boat available to move a body following an extremely unfortunate and deadly encounter. Moving the body to the opposite side of Swift Creek, to a small island behind a much larger, wider island meant no one would find the body for quite a while, but the location would indicate to the curious that Kelly probably went upstream toward I95 having traveled in the river all the crooked way from BPA. Wrong.

I am saying I backed off this theory immediately in March (as did others) when I was told the boat was sitting on land owned by someone who held a large area of land along Swift Creek and that the canoe was left there for the owner's easy access to the water. That made me think, fine, I'm going down the wrong path. But now I'm not so sure. Anyone could have used that boat if they knew it was there ... and with a duck blind so close to the canoe location, a hunter would know a canoe was parked nearby, just on the other side of marsh and weeds. I refer you back to post #458. The canoe is circled in red. The duck blind is circled in orange.

Just a theory. Don't anyone become undone please. :) JMO

Not implying anything about anyone here ... but I do remember when I was first reading about Kelly's case here there was a link to a newspaper story (I think) about one of the searches done for Kelly early on. If I recall correctly, the picture included the full names of some of the searchers. I'm sorry, I don't have time to go back & look for it now ... pressed for time. But if anybody felt it might be helpful ....

Also there were a couple posts by PIreporter on Kelly's thread. He seemed interested in the case and wasn't buying the suicide theory either. He hasn't logged on in months. Just thought if there was some way to contact that person they might be interested in helping dig up some information. Perhaps the investigative reports Kelly's family hasn't been able to get yet.

( I really am trying to help here but I don't know if I am. I really do feel for Kelly's family)

I was looking at the photo of the building in question on the property. Now I'm no expert here, but the roof on the building looks like it's a metal roof to me. It very well could be an abandonded building from a defunct business.

If the photo was taken in 2007, then it's possible that the canoe and perhaps the building may not even be there now.

If the land was once an old commercial property, I suggest a trip to the local library. Go to the reference department and ask if they have a city directory from Criss-Cross or from Haines. Look at current and older directories for that property address. If that property was a business years ago, it should have the name of the business.

OMG Shutterfly. Been reading all day. With my mouth wide open. Alot of diversion pointing people away from the river. What better way to divert peoples attention when your on every search. I am speechless.

I'll be in Chesterfield from August 18-August 29. Let's discuss if you folks want me to check anything out?

I'll be in Chesterfield from August 18-August 29. Let's discuss if you folks want me to check anything out?

Would you be able to take a picture of the pond from I95? And look to see if the canoe is back in place? I doubt it, but it's worth a look-see. Please do not go down into the pond area for your own safety.

The Google photos of the canoe, taken in 2007, show the canoe from every single perspective. But Bing maps do not show the canoe in their satellite photos taken in 2010.

Yet the date of Kelly's disappearance is only 17 days into 2010 (she disappeared on 1-17). The canoe could have been located by the pond right up until that day and then relocated or removed altogether--or hidden. We do not know when the Bing photos were taken in 2010. If the canoe was used, it is possible it is still in the area, just not next to the pond.

I'm babbling. It's been a long day. Sorry.

Truthsleuth. Your not babbling. Your right. Shutterfly where are you?

Would you be able to take a picture of the pond from I95? And look to see if the canoe is back in place? I doubt it, but it's worth a look-see. Please do not go down into the pond area for your own safety.

The Google photos of the canoe, taken in 2007, show the canoe from every single perspective. But Bing maps do not show the canoe in their satellite photos taken in 2010.

Yet the date of Kelly's disappearance is only 17 days into 2010 (she disappeared on 1-17). The canoe could have been located by the pond right up until that day and then relocated or removed altogether--or hidden. We do not know when the Bing photos were taken in 2010. If the canoe was used, it is possible it is still in the area, just not next to the pond.

I'm babbling. It's been a long day. Sorry.

I'm going to have to try to figure out where exactly you're referring to. I thought I knew, but I don't recall a pond. Is this info available in recent postings? I'll take a look real quick and see if I can find out.

If you use Bing Map's Bird's Eye View tool, you can zoom in very close to the area where the canoe was located that you folks are discussing. You can see a dirt road leading to that area, and if you follow the dirt road through the woods, you end up at a building that's just off the road where Kelly disappeared from. The road is very faint to see in some places, and it is also meandering and hidden in others. I don't know what the business is that this dirt road comes up beside, but I'd like to find out. I'll keep looking...

In the mean time, I took some screen captions of this area I'm talking about and I'll see if I can figure out how to put them in a post here :)

Would you be able to take a picture of the pond from I95? And look to see if the canoe is back in place? I doubt it, but it's worth a look-see.

Yeah, I think that the plausibility of the theory is not affected by whether there is a canoe at that spot or not. If I recall what I read correctly (sometime in that Jan-March period), it was claimed that nobody did (perhaps nobody could?) launch boats in such an area; that everyone used a particular place. I'll need to check back again to see where it was so claimed, although I am certain I know who said it.

Yeah, I think that the plausibility of the theory is not affected by whether there is a canoe at that spot or not. If I recall what I read correctly (sometime in that Jan-March period), it was claimed that nobody did (perhaps nobody could?) launch boats in such an area; that everyone used a particular place. I'll need to check back again to see where it was so claimed, although I am certain I know who said it.

Interesting. I'd love to see that, Montjoy. Thanks!

I'm going to have to try to figure out where exactly you're referring to. I thought I knew, but I don't recall a pond. Is this info available in recent postings? I'll take a look real quick and see if I can find out.

Look at post 453 on this thread, image #4. The pond is circled in red.

Look at post 453 on this thread, image #4. The pond is circled in red.

Got it. You can't see that from the road this time of the year. The trees and tall and the brush is thick. I didn't even know there was a pond back there.

Interesting. I'd love to see that, Montjoy.

Although I thought there may be some other posts, one that made me think of what I mentioned above read something like "the other duck hunters take a way different path to hunt then i do," in part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr