VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why suicide and not accidental drowning? huh?
Has this been asked? I may have missed it.

O/T
You can save a phone after it has been dropped into water. take the battery out as fast as you can and stick it in a cup of rice in a window in the sun.
I have saved my laptop 3 times. I cant tell you how many phones I have saved.We use alot of rice.

Why suicide and not accidental drowning? huh?
Has this been asked? I may have missed it.

O/T
You can save a phone after it has been dropped into water. take the battery out as fast as you can and stick it in a cup of rice in a window in the sun.
I have saved my laptop 3 times. I cant tell you how many phones I have saved.We use alot of rice.

Why suicide??? I can answer that question. Ever since Kelly was about 16 years old she has kept a book (which the police refer to as a journal) in this book there is poems that Kelly has come across and liked or wrote herself that pretain to something in her life or feelings or that she just thought were great poems. Since there were some "sad" poems and ones about "death" that makes Kelly suicidal in the eyes of LE.
Kelly also questioned some things in religion and liked to talk to different people to get their view point on the subject. Being that Kelly was not baptized her favorite question to ask people was " can you get to heaven if you are not baptized?" and since she asked that question to somebody close to her disappearing then LE says that also makes Kelly suicidal. Kelly was always questioning different things in life that could not actually be proven. They were more like what people believed. Kelly has asked that question since her teen years. I believe I was around 13 years old the 1st time me and Kelly had that conversation. Kelly had talked about plans to be baptized this summer. She said it wasnt a question she wanted to get the wrong answer too. Kelly believed if you committed suicide that you would not be let into heaven. Alot of people question religion or even just small parts of religion but to LE in Chester, VA that means you are suicidal.
So basically what it comes down to is if you question what happens to you when you die or you read or write or have a few poems about death then you are considered suicidal in the eyes of Chesters LE.

Thank You all for not giving up on Kelly!

Thank you AnotherNiece.

I just think it so strange that the would list that verses accidental. I read all Kelly's post on her facebook right after she was reported missing and I did not think her state of mind depressed. She really seemed to be a lovely person looking for deep connections not shallow ones. (My impression )
I keep waiting to hear about the release her paper work just becaue of this nagging feeling that something is not right. I keep hoping the delay is they are still looking into her death. Have they released the police reports of responding to the search and the reports they filed from day one ? You may have to request them under the freedom of information act in writing.
It may be very well that Co worker statements are on the report.

On A personal level.
I have a niece who I am very close too I cannot ever imagine putting her though this on purpose no matter how depressed I was. Just know in your heart Kelly would not have done that to you or your family
Whoever is responcible will get the justice they deserve just maybe not the way we would like. Karma ,god's will whatever that higher power is ALWAys preveils. You cant fool or trick the natural order of balance.

I've kept my mouth shut as log as I possibly can. I hope that with this I don't ignite a powder keg.

I do not believe that Kelly committed suicide.
I do not believe that she fell into the creek.
I do not believe that she developed a sudden, fatal health issue and wound up (rolled) in the creek after she passed away either.

I keep saying that I feel in my gut we missed something way back at the beginning. Here it is. This is what wakes me up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night still, after all this time. I believe he's still there....

Please direct your attention to Kelly's "last seen" time.

And the words, typed on our very own forum....

January 21st

"....10:30 is a duck hunters slow time. and they are all over........"

I believe that the person who killed Kelly..

A) knew the area intimately
B) had justifiable reason to be on the premises
C)knew Kelly; had met her previously on her walks by the creek
D)was expected by Kelly to be at a certain location outside of Blueprint at the time she left the building..ie....duck hunting/fishing, etc. I think that's where she was headed when she darted off, for whatever reason she felt the need to speak to him at that instant
E) could have easily removed Kelly from the area in a covered boat without arising suspicion OR dumped her further upstream, potentially nearer to Interstate 95.
F) participated in the searches, and perhaps found her gloves and goggles in his boat after the fact
G) was not seen with Kelly because he was at the creek in his usual location, or in a boat, and his truck was parked in it's usual spot out of view
H)committed this crime somewhere in the immediate area behind Linens of the Week
I)did not plan to kill anyone, but something, such as having his advances shunned by a gay female, may have set him off

OR....maybe I read too many James Patterson and Stephen King novels.

But it sure could explain a lot of oddities....and it fits

JMO :truce:

Thank You for your insight Shutter!
Kelly was a very out going person. If Kelly had been taking that same path and that same walk everyday then there is not a doubt in my mind that Kelly wouldnt stop and ask someone questions like "Hows the fishing today" or "hows the duck hunting going today?" Especially a fisherman cause Kelly loved to fish. That was just her personality. Kelly saw the best in everyone and brought that out in them.

Maybe some of the coworkers Kelly walked with everyday can tell us if they occassionally ran into the same person over and over again?

I dont think you read to many novels ShutterFly.

I also believe she was murdered.
What I dont have is faith the the LE Dept there.
I remember posting a boat launch link and checking google earth for boats in the area.
Years ago I knew a guy who worked near a river and he kept his boat at his job and launched it there often. I had wondered if there where any boats kept in the area of BluePrint.
I wish I had thought to check craiglist for boats being sold in chester arround that time but the thought did not hit me until much later after the snow had melted. Does criaglist go that far back ? Is it too late for that? I will check on that. Is that an odd time to be selling a boat?

Another question I wanted to know was are game and fishing permits public infomation? I know that is a long shot but issued in that county and a connection to the area could give as a way to narrow down a suspect. If they have a permit.

Regarding using the FOIA to obtain LE investigative reports ... it led me to question whether that would be helpful in the Joshua Guimond case. The link I posted is a reply I received in Josh's thread, post 84:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30606&page=4

I think Human made an excellent point about the media requesting such information using FOIA. If the family (or anyone) has any media contacts, perhaps they could be helpful in obtaining the information.

(Kelly's case is in no way related to Josh's. As I read the various threads, I'm always trying to figure out ways to get the relevant information. I first saw mention of FOIA in this thread. I'm still trying to figure my way out around here, and I am new to all of this. Apologies if I've made an error linking the threads & thanks to Human for her helpful reply)

#1 The canoe near the edge of a pool of water off Swift Creek.

Closeupnearpool.jpg

#2 The proximity of the canoe to I95.

ProximitytoI95.jpg

#3. The pool of water on which the canoe sits.

Discovery.jpg

#4 General area showing pool of water where canoe is found, I95, BPA, Linens and Things, etc.

BPAtoIsland-1.jpg

In the pictures truthsleuth provided us with above of the canoe..... there are no houses in the area surrounding this pool and this canoe. So who put it there? Certainly it must be someone who's acquainted with the owner, to leave a potentially valuable piece of sporting equipment lying around, right?

I say again....there are no houses in this area. I'll bring you back a zoomed out pic of this area in a minute

Here ya go truthsleuth......I brought us this to look at as well

Some of these may be repeats from above, but I have to post them all together to keep my train of thought. Otherwise I wind up confusing myself.

Here's the canoe......

Kelly-1.jpg

Here's a pull out...

nohouses.jpg

And here's the entire area. BPA and Linens are just north of this pic. On the south side this area is bordered by Swift Creek and a county line. The nearest house there appears to be is the one I circled for you. That house, I estimate, is about 700 to 900 feet from where Kelly was found.

nearesthouse.jpg

Why is this important? Maybe it isn't, and I'm not suggesting that any property owner in this area had any involvement in Kelly's demise. The point....give me a minute to find it in this computer of mine...

Here's just one more image. Shows the proximity of the canoe to a duck blind--for what it's worth:

Duckblindnearcanoe.jpg

Houseclose.jpg

No, I'm not drunk....this is just taken at an odd angle to get Kelly's location found and the house in the same pic.

Houseclose.jpg

No, I'm not drunk....this is just taken at an odd angle to get Kelly's location found and the house in the same pic.

Shutter, take a look at the same location in Google Earth, and you'll see that that structure looks more like a barn or outbuilding of some sort than a house. But even if it IS a house, it doesn't mean someone else (other than the land owner) didn't take the canoe and use it. Could have been anyone really, no? Male, female, hunter, non-hunter, anyone--or maybe I'm cuckoo, which is always a possibility. :crazy:

Google Earth's image of the property:

ScreenHunter_01Aug131441.jpg

ScreenHunter_02Aug131441.jpg

Doesn't look like a house. But either way, I still think it's inconsequential. The canoe didn't have to be used by the property owner. Am I way off-base here? If I am, please feel free to tell me so.

I was curious as to who the owner of this house is so I tried to find it in the property records. So far, no luck because I am not sure of the street name or parcel number. The closest street I found is Briarcliffe. If you go here: http://www.crsdata.net/ps/propertysearch.asp and put Briarcliffe for the street name, you will get a list. The first item on the list is interesting to me. It shows 39 acres (but no buildings). The owner is a business not a person. This may not even be the same property but I see nothing else for Briarcliffe that looks reasonable and there is no other likely street name. If we knew the parcel number, we could know for sure if this is it. The picture shows where Briarcliffe ends and one would have to drive/walk a path to get to this house and also what looks like another house.

Attachments

• house.jpg
    house.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 12
The oakroof.com link appears to point to Michigan addresses unfortunately. Although the Mapquest link points to Richmond, the Richmond area code is 804 vs 586. I checked 586 and it came up Michigan.

This is a handy tool to have....

http://www.courts.state.va.us/

Of course, one would need a name..... :waitasec:

Instructions (no, I'm not saying you're incapable)

Left column...click on "case status and information"

over again....click "general district court"

over again....DOUBLE click "case information"....

....don't go over again to "pay tickets" or you went too far

Now you need a locale.....let's just wing it shall we? Let's try Chesterfield. When we're done with that we'll try Richmond/Manchester.

Couple interesting items in c'field. Unfortunately really "bad" stuff can go direct indictment to circuit court and Chesterfield refuses to put their circuit court cases on the web...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties