VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MBLover, there is a Hydrologist/Geologist that has done some site work for us. She is in Richmond, just started a new job with DEQ. I think she might take a look at it for us if we have specific maps, location, etc. Can you bump up or post all the info? I'll send it to her and see what she says.

The suicide in 18 inches of water theory doesn't make any sense.

Look at waterboarding, for example. You have Muslim fighters who drive suicide truck bombs, wear suicide bomb vests, participate in airplane highjacking/crashing suicide missions, and so on. Yet, these same type of guys fold like a cheap tent when they're being waterboarded. I read somewhere that Khalid Sheikh Mohamed went 2.5 minutes before cracking and that was supposedly much, much longer than most people can go.

The point being that even people who aren't afraid of committing suicide can't cope with being underwater long enough to actually drown. Maybe jumping off a bridge into a lake or jumping off the side of a cruise ship into the ocean would be effective since after you jump, you're past the point of no return before you even hit the water. But nobody is going to be able to kill themself in 18 inches of water!

It looks like her body was found not far from I-95. Is there a possibility that a car pulled to the shoulder in the middle of the night when there was no traffic and dumped her into the water from the overpass?

Kelly Catalano was full of life, had a good job, fun new car, her own home, a kitty-cat, and many people who loved her as a family member or friend. So, how is it she went to work one morning and disappeared without her car, only to be found deceased in a shallow river? Why, all these months later, is there no definitive word from the medical examiner to Kelly's family regarding her cause of death?

If you aren't familiar with Kelly's case, please look through earlier threads to see this vibrant young woman with natural beauty and charming smile. Perhaps you could be the one to break this case!

We are still thinking of Kelly plus friends, family & everyone who has become attached to her via this sad turn of events.

Look at waterboarding, for example. You have Muslim fighters who drive suicide truck bombs, wear suicide bomb vests, participate in airplane highjacking/crashing suicide missions, and so on. Yet, these same type of guys fold like a cheap tent when they're being waterboarded. I read somewhere that Khalid Sheikh Mohamed went 2.5 minutes before cracking and that was supposedly much, much longer than most people can go.

The point being that even people who aren't afraid of committing suicide can't cope with being underwater long enough to actually drown. Maybe jumping off a bridge into a lake or jumping off the side of a cruise ship into the ocean would be effective since after you jump, you're past the point of no return before you even hit the water. But nobody is going to be able to kill themself in 18 inches of water!

It looks like her body was found not far from I-95. Is there a possibility that a car pulled to the shoulder in the middle of the night when there was no traffic and dumped her into the water from the overpass?[/QUOTE]

bbm

Investigators need to answer several questions in apparent drowning cases. For instance, did the person drown, or did perpetrators kill the individual and dispose of the corpse in the water? Was the victim conscious upon submersion? Could the person swim well? Did the victim consume any alcohol or drugs? What was the individual doing at the time? Did anyone witness the incident? If any injuries exist on the body, were they caused before death (antemortem), at the same time (agonal), or afterwards (post- mortem)? In the course of their investigation, authorities will find that a combination of external signs will provide valuable information.

Eyes

A drowning victim's eyes provide a ready, easily accessible, and useful source of information relating to the cause and time of death. As this evidence also is transient in nature, investigators need to note it immediately after recovery.

If death occurred on land, a noticeable horizontal line should exist on the eyeball if, as is common, the eyelids remained partially open, thereby allowing exposure to air and its drying effects. The line, or border, between the clear and cloudy cornea- the raised, usually clear area of the eyeball covering the pupil and irisand the white and discolored sciera-the opaque, normally white portion-will occur only in these instances.

Conversely, if the victim drowned and is submerged in water at the time of death, then the eyes will retain a lifelike, glistening appearance. No lines will be present.14

http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/400990/drowning_investigations/

It looks like her body was found not far from I-95. Is there a possibility that a car pulled to the shoulder in the middle of the night when there was no traffic and dumped her into the water from the overpass?

GREAT post MLE!!!!
Anything new Kelly's family?

GREAT post MLE!!!!
Anything new Kelly's family?

No, Nothing new at all. VA LE isnt any help at all. They closed the case when the ME ruled the COD as drowning and LE added the suicide by drowning. Which wasnt a shock after the other missing persons cases in VA have come back that way. They sure didnt fix the problem in VA they just got a few more missing persons cases off their desk. I guess it would mean something to them if it was somebody they love

My thoughts are with you and your family Niece. Hoping that one day I will come here and see that Kelly's case has been re-opened for investigation of her murder.

My thoughts are with you and your family Niece. Hoping that one day I will come here and see that Kelly's case has been re-opened for investigation of her murder.

Thank You Knox for everything!

:heart::heart::heart:

No, Nothing new at all. VA LE isnt any help at all. They closed the case when the ME ruled the COD as drowning and LE added the suicide by drowning. Which wasnt a shock after the other missing persons cases in VA have come back that way. They sure didnt fix the problem in VA they just got a few more missing persons cases off their desk. I guess it would mean something to them if it was somebody they love

You have my deepest sympathy for the loss of Kelly. I was just wondering if the family finally received the investigative reports they requested?

Even if Kelly did technically die from drowning, the suicide theory makes no logical sense to me. I would be more inclined to believe something along the lines that she was incapacitated in some manner first (e.g., rendered unconscious) and that she was then dropped into the water while still breathing but unable to fight for herself. I can't believe they would let go of this case so easily! Something terrible and unexpected happened to her that day, and someone else is responsible for it. Someone who's presumably still out there and has gotten away with Kelly's murder!

Solstice - I couldn't agree with you more...

I wish I knew of something I could do to get much deserved justice for Kelly.

You have my deepest sympathy for the loss of Kelly. I was just wondering if the family finally received the investigative reports they requested?

No we have not received any of the investigation reports. But after how poorly this was investigated I dont think they want us to see them reports.
Thank you all for not forgetting about Kelly.

I think they have to give you the reports if you request them under the FOIA.

Even if Kelly did technically die from drowning, the suicide theory makes no logical sense to me. I would be more inclined to believe something along the lines that she was incapacitated in some manner first (e.g., rendered unconscious) and that she was then dropped into the water while still breathing but unable to fight for herself. I can't believe they would let go of this case so easily! Something terrible and unexpected happened to her that day, and someone else is responsible for it. Someone who's presumably still out there and has gotten away with Kelly's murder!

This person may 'think' they have gotten away with Kelly's murder, but all I have to say is whether this person has their day in court here on earth or in some after life...KARMA IS A B!#CH, to also include those who had a strong hand in screwing this case up from Day # 1. CONTINUED JUSTICE4KELLY.

I don't want to sound harsh, and I apologize to the family for this, but there are quite a few women in VA that are missing or ended up being found dead and are all unsolved. It's really quite ridiculous. What the hell is going on there? It seems

Sorry, it seems they wanna pull the old "she committed suicide" for everything card.

I fully agree Kenon...and I am more than suspicious of Kelly's death as well as Jill Edmonds...and don't believe either of them committed suicide...I'm sure that 99% of those on this thread don't believe the suicide angle either.

Any ideas about how we can get investigators to reopen these cases or any others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow