VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes ya wonder why the lies right?

ETA; IIRC, someone said that SQ's Mom bought her a house around October 2009.

After doing some digging on the psychic... (ETA: From the Topix board)

One of my friends came up with the information that this psychic is very misleading. She does not live in the UK - despite her UK email and web-site.

This 'psychic' resides in Virginia.

MB ... I suspected the UK psychic might really reside in VA. I'm not a techy but I wonder if there's any way to trace that email or website back to the person who set it up.

I'm sure there is a way. I personally don't know how to trace IP addresses, but there are those that can.

ETA: I should have added - it also appears that the psychic has family ties to the Richmond area - which is not far from Chester.

Im still thinking of how the ex knew that the spelling was not correct on the mailbox ?
The only way she could have known that is if she was there at kelly's house . Im sure police would not have told her that . Im saying that it puts her there at the house right before Kelly went missing. She sent me a p.m. , and said that someone from the family told her that what ever was written on the mailbox was not spelled correctly. I dont think they did? Just wanted to clear this qestion up .

Having a brain fart moment ... What date was the mailbox vandalized?

Im still thinking of how the ex knew that the spelling was not correct on the mailbox ?
The only way she could have known that is if she was there at kelly's house . Im sure police would not have told her that . Im saying that it puts her there at the house right before Kelly went missing. She sent me a p.m. , and said that someone from the family told her that what ever was written on the mailbox was not spelled correctly. I dont think they did? Just wanted to clear this qestion up .

Maybe someone from the family can confirm a conversation with her or clear this up.

Would someone relating this incident about the mailbox go into great detail of how poor the spelling was with a person who was no longer involved with Kelly? IMHO, probably not but that's just my :twocents:

But then again, maybe someone wanted to see her response.

That's a great question!! How did the ex know the mailbox vandalism had misspelled words? Who told her?

Great thought MB;

A P:eye: for the insurance company would surely want to investigate Kelly's death before a large payout if family expresses concerns that she was murdered.

Anyone else know of another case where an investigator for the insurance company worked on a closed case and it was reopened for investigation?

I don't know of a case where an insurance investigator caused a closed case to be reopened.

But I do know of a case in Ohio during the early 1980's where a husband tried to collect money from his murdered wife's life insurance policy.

The husband filed a lawsuit against the insurance company to collect money from his wife's life insurance policy. At the same time, the wife's parents filed a civil murder lawsuit against the husband to prevent the husband from collecting money from their daughter's life insurance policy.

Now during the civil murder trial, the husband tried to have another man lie on the witness stand in his favor. But the other man recanted his testimony the second time he went on the witness stand. Because of this, the husband's lawsuit against the insurance company was dismissed.

This whole thing went all the way to the Ohio Supreme Court. The Ohio Supreme Court ruled unanimously against the husband. The husband did not collect any money at all from the insurance company.

Now here is the kicker. Even though the husband was never charged with his wife's murder, he ended up being charged with bribery and perjury for his actions in the civil murder trial. The husband was convicted of bribery and perjury and was sentenced to six years in prison.

Curious if family has made any progress in getting copies of the investigation or ME Ruling? I think it's the first step in seeking the truth of what happened to Kelly that day.

Curious if family has made any progress in getting copies of the investigation or ME Ruling? I think it's the first step in seeking the truth of what happened to Kelly that day.

They were requested but we are still waiting for them.

Thank You to everybody who has not given up on Kellys case and still believe as we do that Kelly did not do this to herself.

AN, I have been absent for a time due to computer issues, but want you to know that Kelly's case has remained fresh in my mind and close to my heart. I hope that answers and justice are forthcoming. It's more difficult to read and post with a small screen and keypad, but at least I can check for updates again! My thoughts remain with your family and others who knew and loved Kelly.

They were requested but we are still waiting for them.

Thank You to everybody who has not given up on Kellys case and still believe as we do that Kelly did not do this to herself.

Hang in there Another Niece....we're all still here with you and we're not going anywhere!!

Hang in there Another Niece....we're all still here with you and we're not going anywhere!!

I definitely 2nd that comment!

Question to one of our group who is skilled with the google/bing maps and such.

The island that was found (by Shutter?) I know was measured area wise...but is there any way we can get a height measurement too? Need to know how far this island is out of the water if possible.

TIA for any help!

Great question MBLover, I'll look and see if anything can be found tomorrow. I wonder who's jurisdiction that area is under? Fish and Game, Regional Water Quality Control Board, etc. Guess that will be my starting point.

MB, have you tried searching elevation, topographic or relief maps? It looks like there are sites that are geared for this (like MapMyRide.com and possibly some new features on Google maps). I would try but have only a very small screen to work with at this time so this is the best I can offer currently.

I'm in Chesterfield today and I can't stop thinking about Kelly.

:Justice:

MB, have you tried searching elevation, topographic or relief maps? It looks like there are sites that are geared for this (like MapMyRide.com and possibly some new features on Google maps). I would try but have only a very small screen to work with at this time so this is the best I can offer currently.

I have tried to do the measuring with the different maps and so forth. Unfortunately I a not computer literate enough to be able to do this...:crazy:

I definitely 2nd that comment!

Question to one of our group who is skilled with the google/bing maps and such.

The island that was found (by Shutter?) I know was measured area wise...but is there any way we can get a height measurement too? Need to know how far this island is out of the water if possible.

TIA for any help!

Here is a resource for topo maps.

http://www.topozone.com/states/Virginia.asp?county=Chesterfield

You would still have to find records of recent river levels. To be honest you'd probably have to visit the river to see if there is evidence of recent high water marks.

Has anybody contacted either one of the local universities? I'm sure they have hydrologists or someone like that who can give an expert opinion. I'd start by contacting the VCU Center for Environmental Studies:

http://www.vcu.edu/cesweb/contact.html

or the University of Richmond Environmental Studies program:

http://environmental.richmond.edu/contact/index.html

They could probably steer you in the right direction to find somebody who is well versed in water flow patterns in the area. If those departments don't have the specific expertise they might point you toward the engineering departments.

If you do go this route you want to be honest about where Kelly may have entered the water also. From what I remember we still don't have a conclusive idea about that. Without a firm knowledge of the trails in the area I still think there is a possibility that Kelly could have walked to the I-95 bridge. We don't know where her secret place was. But it would be very interesting to know whether tidal currents could have pushed her upstream from near BPA as well as finding out if what we think is the island was submerged around the time she went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member