VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we could make a list of all the " what happened ideas" and
vote on what was the most likely to the least likely and then go from there?

Im sure you would have to be drug tested to do that kind of work for insurance resons. Im not positive about that company's policy. Most places do random drug test.

I would have thought she would have only been tested when she was hired, that's my experience mainly working in chemistry labs. Those kinds of set tests are easy to get around.

I tend to think about the most logical and most simple explanation

any "idea' that requires a whole new set of circumstances to be in place for it to "fit" I try to ignore...and to me there is nothing to say that Kelly smoked pot so I don't think that is a good fit at all JMO. I could say "maybe she was diabetic and went into a coma"..or "maybe she had a heart condition and had a heart attack" or whatever whatever...there is NO past history of any of that..heart, diabetes or pot smoking...so for me NO reason to suspect that

I also discount a homeless person cause how would they "get" her, what vehicle would they use, why no struggle or signs of that?? plus most would not even have a car...I don't think some homeless person living by the river grabbed her and put her in their shopping cart

I think the most logical explanation and simple explanation is that someone picked her up in their own vehicle, she would not go out and hitchhike so this was someone she knew

I think that for this to result in her death there had to be some deep relationship past or present, some high emotions....love/hate/anger/jealousy/resentment and/or a mix of such...possibly also some financial disputes/resentments etc

how/where/why this happened I don't know...but the odds are that this is the direction that LE should be looking

I tend to think about the most logical and most simple explanation

any "idea' that requires a whole new set of circumstances to be in place for it to "fit" I try to ignore...and to me there is nothing to say that Kelly smoked pot so I don't think that is a good fit at all JMO. I could say "maybe she was diabetic and went into a coma"..or "maybe she had a heart condition and had a heart attack" or whatever whatever...there is NO past history of any of that..heart, diabetes or pot smoking...so for me NO reason to suspect that

I also discount a homeless person cause how would they "get" her, what vehicle would they use, why no struggle or signs of that?? plus most would not even have a car...I don't think some homeless person living by the river grabbed her and put her in their shopping cart

I think the most logical explanation and simple explanation is that someone picked her up in their own vehicle, she would not go out and hitchhike so this was someone she knew

I think that for this to result in her death there had to be some deep relationship past or present, some high emotions....love/hate/anger/jealousy/resentment and/or a mix of such...possibly also some financial disputes/resentments etc

how/where/why this happened I don't know...but the odds are that this is the direction that LE should be looking
I agree with you 100 % and so far on that list this is the most likely? Does anyone else agree ? Im interested to see if this will stand to be the most likely on the list? That way we can focus on this more.

I was thinking of a homeless person encountering her in the woods and killing her there. One thing that's tough to tell without exhaustively exploring all the trails on the ground is the probability of Kelly traveling by foot close to where she was found. We don't know if an area close to that place could have been a common spot for her travels along the river. It's tough to say what is really logical in a case like this because there are so many initial conditions that are murky.

this is Kelly's nephew. We found those on the second day. The day after they had already searched that area the day before right out in the open. They never did confirm. They were going to run dna.

Just wondering if we could confirm a few things:

I've seen that Kelly went running out the door toward the river grabbing cell & keys, leaving her machine running.
I've seen that Kelly said she'd be right back, or back in a minute, and went running out the door toward the river grabbing cell & keys leaving machine running.

Also, wondered if we know what type of machine was left on...is it a machine that is commonly left running if someone would take a break and be back in a few minutes. (Such as, we leave computers running and that's not odd, would give a sense that we would return, but if we would leave a kitchen mixer running, would suggest leaving quickly because of threat, emergency, or whatever..) So, I know we're not talking about a computer or mixer, but just wondered if it really was odd to leave that type of machine running if she was planning to return?

Also, it was noted in previous thread that she kept her keys in her tool box. Is her tool box near the machine? Do we know if she went to the tool box to grab keys or were her keys on her that day as if she had maybe planned to meet w/ someone quickly? Also, can anyone confirm if she grabbed a coat or jacket on the way out?

Do we know anything from either internal and/or external video footage?

Information from Verizon cell activity, whether there were incoming/outgoing calls or texts anytime that morning would be very helpful, has any of that information been given to family to date?

I apologize to friends and family for this, I don't want to be insensative, but they mentioned no trama to body. Since the body would not be in perfect condition after so long, would trama be defined as gun shot wounds and things of that nature, versus maybe bruises or marks from being strangled or something of that nature...would they have been able to tell those specific markings after so much time passing?

Also with the mailbox incident...do we know what was written on the box or who did that and is there any possible connection there?

Sry for the questions, I've read the majority of threads, but my apologies if I'm repeating past questions.

You guys have all been great in keeping this case hot & alive, thank you. Justice will be served, the person or persons who did this to Kelly will eventually be found because there are too many of us who will NOT let this rest until that happens.

Superb first post Justice4Kelly! And WELCOME to WS!!! We're glad to have you here!!!

Hopefully someone in the know can answer those questions!

Just wondering if we could confirm a few things:

I've seen that Kelly went running out the door toward the river grabbing cell & keys, leaving her machine running.
I've seen that Kelly said she'd be right back, or back in a minute, and went running out the door toward the river grabbing cell & keys leaving machine running.

Also, wondered if we know what type of machine was left on...is it a machine that is commonly left running if someone would take a break and be back in a few minutes. (Such as, we leave computers running and that's not odd, would give a sense that we would return, but if we would leave a kitchen mixer running, would suggest leaving quickly because of threat, emergency, or whatever..) So, I know we're not talking about a computer or mixer, but just wondered if it really was odd to leave that type of machine running if she was planning to return?

Also, it was noted in previous thread that she kept her keys in her tool box. Is her tool box near the machine? Do we know if she went to the tool box to grab keys or were her keys on her that day as if she had maybe planned to meet w/ someone quickly? Also, can anyone confirm if she grabbed a coat or jacket on the way out?

Do we know anything from either internal and/or external video footage?

Information from Verizon cell activity, whether there were incoming/outgoing calls or texts anytime that morning would be very helpful, has any of that information been given to family to date?

I apologize to friends and family for this, I don't want to be insensative, but they mentioned no trama to body. Since the body would not be in perfect condition after so long, would trama be defined as gun shot wounds and things of that nature, versus maybe bruises or marks from being strangled or something of that nature...would they have been able to tell those specific markings after so much time passing?

Also with the mailbox incident...do we know what was written on the box or who did that and is there any possible connection there?

Sry for the questions, I've read the majority of threads, but my apologies if I'm repeating past questions.

You guys have all been great in keeping this case hot & alive, thank you. Justice will be served, the person or persons who did this to Kelly will eventually be found because there are too many of us who will NOT let this rest until that happens.

Hi, I am kelly's sister. We were told she left her welder on. Her tool box is at her work station. The LE has her phone records but would not show them to us. We know what is written on the mailbox. We think we know who wrote it. But when it was written we don't know. I agree that who every did this to Kelly she knew them.

Thanks for your answers Judy. Sincerely appreciated. I don't know if it's possible, but if you can tell us....

Does LE now believe this is something other than what they first thought?

Judym1957: I am so deeply sorry for your immense loss. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post, I really appreciate that.

Thank you all for such warm welcomes. I very much look forward to joining with each of you with the unified goal of 'playing' through the scenerios as many times as it takes, and doing whatever we possibly can here in order to bring the person/persons to justice who did this to such a beautiful soul and lovely person.

welcome justice4kelly Sincerely welcome.

I have a question... and sorry if it sucks! I have tried to keep up... but what was Kelly's death ruled as???? TIA. (and where is the investigation going)

further deeper question: where is her ex girlfriend in this?

Thanks for your answers Judy. Sincerely appreciated. I don't know if it's possible, but if you can tell us....

Does LE now believe this is something other than what they first thought?

Don't Know they are hard to get a hold of. Don't get any real answers.

Judym I want to ask you why you can't get answers, but I know the police dept in my city does whatever they want and the same goes here. Long story. It's funny how some cases get resolved real quick with dna and all that, but you can obviously tell when the police are stumped cuz that's when cases take forever. There will be a fluke thing and you and your family will find the truth. Believe it.

Do you still have any media contacts? They seem to be the only ones that can get any answers from LE, officially or unofficially.

was there ever an official cause and manner of death established? bet there are shady boundaries here.

I find it strange that LE is not keeping you-the family in the loop. Of course there are always things they keep close to the vest so the case is not compromised, but jeeze. Am I getting it wrong Judym? If LE is not treating you with respect, that really chaps my hide!!! :furious:

The disparity in cases from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and state to state is really something ... :banghead:

Do you still have any media contacts? They seem to be the only ones that can get any answers from LE, officially or unofficially.

I wrote this reporter over the weekend, if anyone else would care to contact him. He gave Kelly's case some good coverage.

mschmidt@progress-index.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member