VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks,

I talked with the medical examiner's office yesterday and was told that toxicology studies have been ordered. Those take a while to perform, and that means the ME won't be issuing the "cause and manner of death" report for "several more weeks." I take that mainly as a sign that the ME's office is trying to be very thorough with this case. Not enough new info for a news story, so I figured I'd share it here.

For anyone who has e-mailed Markus, he's been tied up covering a murder trial the past couple of days, so apologies if he hasn't been able to respond. We have a small staff and a lot of territory to cover.

Cheers,
Mike

PIreporter (Mike): Thank you SO much for not dropping this and for caring enough to come on and update everyone, that was GREATLY appreciated. It sounds like LE is treating the family w/ great disrespect in not being available or informative, so anything you can do is priceless!! Thank you again and please continue to come back and update as much as you're able!

Going on the 'theory' (but sounds like a highly probable theory) that Kelly knew who her killed her. Is it known if Kelly met anyone new within the last several/few weeks/months...maybe someone in a bar, club, or wherever... I know Kelly's a sweet girl and would befriend anyone because she was so warm and genuinely cared, but just thinking outloud..maybe that person was into her, more than she was into them, maybe they showed up at her work, she saw them or got a call from them, so maybe Kelly ran to their car, got in, just to say, hey look, back off, type of thing, and the situation went south from there?
Also, being as Kelly was into marshal arts and has been highly athletic and in excellent shape all her life, is it also probable to say there was more than 1 person involved? Maybe 1 person driving/1 person in back seat? Not necessarily saying this was pre-meditated, (maybe it was, maybe it wasn't) it could have been very unexpected, just happened, then when the search dwindled down, the people brought her back to the general vicinity of work location to point LE in the wrong direction??

Questions:

Was DNA results performed on the work glasses and gloves that were found?
Was DNA results performed on her work clothes & boots?
Did dive teams search under water around the "island" after body was located to see if anything additional had been thrown in/discarded?
Were finger prints ever taken at Kelly's house of the front and back doors that was left unlocked/open?
Was anything brought to light in outside security video surveillance from any of the other surrounding buildings to BPA?
Was any activity noted on her credit cards the day of disappearance or moving forward? Or, was there any questionable credit card activity prior to disappearance?

!!!JUSTICE4KELLY!!!

One thing I'd like to add to that line of excellent questions...(well...maybe more than one)

Where was Kelly's last cell phone ping?
Was Kelly's phone and car keys recovered?

Justice - those were great questions - and I'd also like to add... if these things were not done that Justice4Kelly has asked about, then why not?

JUSTICE4KELLY should be our mantra!

Hi folks,

I talked with the medical examiner's office yesterday and was told that toxicology studies have been ordered. Those take a while to perform, and that means the ME won't be issuing the "cause and manner of death" report for "several more weeks." I take that mainly as a sign that the ME's office is trying to be very thorough with this case. Not enough new info for a news story, so I figured I'd share it here.

For anyone who has e-mailed Markus, he's been tied up covering a murder trial the past couple of days, so apologies if he hasn't been able to respond. We have a small staff and a lot of territory to cover.

Cheers,
Mike

Mike thank you SO much for making the call to the ME's Office and letting us know the details!!! You are our hero!!!

Questions:

Did dive teams search under water around the "island" after body was located to see if anything additional had been thrown in/discarded?
Were finger prints ever taken at Kelly's house of the front and back doors that was left unlocked/open?
Was anything brought to light in outside security video surveillance from any of the other surrounding buildings to BPA?
Was any activity noted on her credit cards the day of disappearance or moving forward? Or, was there any questionable credit card activity prior to disappearance? Justice, these are questions that have been asked by many of us, LE is not going to reveal anything about an ongoing investigation.

!!!JUSTICE4KELLY!!![/QUOTE]

Hi WebSleuths,
Just letting you know that I didn't stop thinking about Kelly. My Grandmother passed away on the 29th, so its been a very trying time.
Someone mentioned earlier that people sometimes have a sense of when they are going to pass. I know this is different, but not entirely...
My Grandmother told us Friday night that she would be around for a couple of more days. She passed that Sunday. On top of that, she had moderately bad dementia for the past 2 years and a morphine drip at the end, so that fact that she was so tuned in at the end was amazing. Apply that tuned-in-ness to a sober and clear-headed person and I think its very possible that Kelly had a sense of something.
Give me a few more days and I will start helping with the media blitz.

CC - so sorry for your loss. Prayers going out for you and your family!

So sorry for your loss CC. My heart goes out to you. So glad to see you back.

Here is a response I received this morning...

Subject: Kelly Catalano
Date: 4/1/2010 9:15:09 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time

To: XXXXXXXXX@*advertiser censored*.*advertiser censored*

WarrenA@chesterfield.gov, GeckerD@chesterfield.gov, DurfeeM@chesterfield.gov, HollandJ@chesterfield.gov, StegmaierJay@chesterfield.gov, DupuisT@chesterfield.gov

Ms. Dxxxxxxx:

Thank you for your e-mail concerning Kelly Catalano. First, let me offer my sincere condolences to the Catalano family for their loss. In response to your concern, I have asked our County Administrator, Jay Stegmaier, to follow up with our Police Chief to ensure that the family receives the information they need. If I can assist in any other way, please let me know.

Dorothy Jaeckle
Bermuda District Supervisor

I'm wondering if I could get my mom to send out some e-mails from the perspective of a Chesterfield resident. I'm curious how beneficial that would be if she said something along the lines of being afraid for her and her family's safety if there is a killer on the loose. Maybe they will take it seriously and investigate further?

I would think the more locals sending emails/letters the better. This is a community concern. Of course I don't know that anyone else should really be in fear because it seems that Kelly was the target...

But there is the point of someone who is a killer in the community...and that the problem should be taken care of and should not go unpunished.

I would think the more locals sending emails/letters the better. This is a community concern. Of course I don't know that anyone else should really be in fear because it seems that Kelly was the target...

But there is the point of someone who is a killer in the community...and that the problem should be taken care of and should not go unpunished.

Colored by me.

True thoughts. My mom doesn't follow cases like this and so I'd have to sit her down and tell her Kelly's story and tell her to email. I was just interested in seeing if you guys thought that maybe a local would have any more affect on the situation than if someone outside of the area (even myself).

I agree completely that it's probably just Kelly that was the target. I hope they don't just outright say that (though, if they do, we'd know they are not considering this a suicide)

Anyways, I'll have a talk with her and see what she can do.

Yes, TOO quiet here. I understand the holidays are very fast approaching, and people get busy, but the Catalano family has one less person sitting at their dinner table for the holidays, we can't rest until JUSTICE4KELLY is served!!

I'd like to repost one of my posts I left last wk, because I would really like to have those questions answered from someone in "the know!" (MUCH appreciated!)

What else do we know, any tid bits of new info out there, Kelly's family or anyone else?!
Our hearts and thoughts remain with Kelly & family.

Going on the 'theory' (but sounds like a highly probable theory) that Kelly knew who her killed her. Is it known if Kelly met anyone new within the last several/few weeks/months...maybe someone in a bar, club, or wherever... I know Kelly's a sweet girl and would befriend anyone because she was so warm and genuinely cared, but just thinking outloud..maybe that person was into her, more than she was into them, maybe they showed up at her work, she saw them or got a call from them, so maybe Kelly ran to their car, got in, just to say, hey look, back off, type of thing, and the situation went south from there?
Also, being as Kelly was into marshal arts and has been highly athletic and in excellent shape all her life, is it also probable to say there was more than 1 person involved? Maybe 1 person driving/1 person in back seat? Not necessarily saying this was pre-meditated, (maybe it was, maybe it wasn't) it could have been very unexpected, just happened, then when the search dwindled down, the people brought her back to the general vicinity of work location to point LE in the wrong direction??

Questions:

Was any activity noted on her credit cards the day of disappearance or moving forward? Or, was there any questionable credit card activity prior to disappearance?

!!!JUSTICE4KELLY!!!

I believe the family is waiting for dna results from the goggles. No activity on cards according to family. That's all I can answer.

Have a blessed Easter weekend everyone and love to Kelly's family during this time of grief.

Thanks for the info, ccweb, as well as the Easter wishes. Same to you & others who have actively followed Kelly's case.

Best wishes to her family & loved ones. I am sure Kelly left them with lots of happy memories to reflect upon!

Can any one give me a map of the island she was found on and where the condom factory is?

This is what I think happened.
I dont know how to post pics so i will just do it like directions. If Kelly was taken from blueprint that morning and it went bad , the most logical direction is this;
leaving touchstone dr. making a right onto continental blvd., a right on ruffin mill rd.,another right on port wathall dr. to the end at 900 port wathall dr.; at that point starting on a dirt road that goes to the edge of the river as a possibal point of entering the water, and ending up where Kelly was found. If you all remember that was going to be the next search area, and then a few days later Kelly was found. I think that area should be searched for her phone or keys or clues. This is just a theory that i had in mind. I wish I knew how to show everone on a map . And the 95 bridge idea would be the next possibal point of entry. If a person drowns themself , you take water into your lungs and sink almost right where you are. The air in your lungs is what would make you float or not float. Kelly could not have drowned her self. And even if she were drowned there at blue print by someone she would have been found. So its just a matter of time for who is responsibal for Kelly's death to pay the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE