VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going on the 'theory' (but sounds like a highly probable theory) that Kelly knew who her killed her. Is it known if Kelly met anyone new within the last several/few weeks/months...maybe someone in a bar, club, or wherever... I know Kelly's a sweet girl and would befriend anyone because she was so warm and genuinely cared, but just thinking outloud..maybe that person was into her, more than she was into them, maybe they showed up at her work, she saw them or got a call from them, so maybe Kelly ran to their car, got in, just to say, hey look, back off, type of thing, and the situation went south from there?
Also, being as Kelly was into marshal arts and has been highly athletic and in excellent shape all her life, is it also probable to say there was more than 1 person involved? Maybe 1 person driving/1 person in back seat? Not necessarily saying this was pre-meditated, (maybe it was, maybe it wasn't) it could have been very unexpected, just happened, then when the search dwindled down, the people brought her back to the general vicinity of work location to point LE in the wrong direction??

Questions:

Was DNA results performed on the work glasses and gloves that were found?
Was DNA results performed on her work clothes & boots?
Did dive teams search under water around the "island" after body was located to see if anything additional had been thrown in/discarded?
Were finger prints ever taken at Kelly's house of the front and back doors that was left unlocked/open?
Was anything brought to light in outside security video surveillance from any of the other surrounding buildings to BPA?
Was any activity noted on her credit cards the day of disappearance or moving forward? Or, was there any questionable credit card activity prior to disappearance?

!!!JUSTICE4KELLY!!!
Are you one of Kelly's friends or friend of the family? Im asking because i didnt see you on here until just recently? Any way welcome to the thread. I do agree that it was someone she knew. I also think that it may be more than one person involved directly or indirectly. I think this case is close to being solved , it has been narrowed down a whole lot. If you had some more ideas to add to the list of possibilities , I would love to hear new angles of what might have happened to Kelly.

Can any one give me a map of the island she was found on and where the condom factory is?

1. C&D (condom factory), BPA, and the island
2. From Touchstone Dr. and White Bank Park to the island
3. Island in relation to I95 (Image: Island #2)
4. Closer view of island. (Image: Island #1)

Image 1:
CDBPAisland.jpg

Image 2; Note White Bank Park in lower right-hand corner:
MapTouchstonetoWhiteBankPark.jpg

Image 3:
Island2.jpg

Image 4:
Island1.jpg

I hope this helps a bit, Judy.

Are you one of Kelly's friends or friend of the family? Im asking because i didnt see you on here until just recently? Any way welcome to the thread. I do agree that it was someone she knew. I also think that it may be more than one person involved directly or indirectly. I think this case is close to being solved , it has been narrowed down a whole lot. If you had some more ideas to add to the list of possibilities , I would love to hear new angles of what might have happened to Kelly.

Scrappy0122:
To answer your question, no I'm not a friend of Kelly's, I wish I would have had that opportunity! I don't know the family personally either, however...I live in the same area where her family lives, where Kelly was born & grew up. Kelly attended a school for a couple of yrs that I graduated from, but she was several yrs older than me, so although I have pics of her in our yearbk, we were too far apart in age at the time. I have read every single thread and entry related to Kelly and joined recently because I wanted to get more involved other than just reading, so am now able to interact via postings. I guess I just took this case very personal and wanted to do anything and everything possible to bring the person (s) down who did this and find: JUSTICE4KELLY

You mentioned you feel the case is being close to being solved, it has been narrowed down a hole lot..can you expand on that? Do we yet have finger prints, DNA results, security/video footage, final autopsy results, any info from her Verizon Wireless records or anything like that or were you referring to other parts of the case? I haven't really heard updates in the thread about any additional news from LE. So it sounds like LE hopefully now believes like the rest of us always have that this was not a suicide?!

You post some very detailed and helpful posts, Scrappy0122, anything else you can update or shed light on is always appreciated!! Thanks!!

JUSTICE4KELLY

1. C&D (condom factory), BPA, and the island
2. From Touchstone Dr. and White Bank Park to the island
3. Island in relation to I95 (Image: Island #2)
4. Closer view of island. (Image: Island #1)

Image 1:
CDBPAisland.jpg

Image 2; Note White Bank Park in lower right-hand corner:
MapTouchstonetoWhiteBankPark.jpg

Image 3:
Island2.jpg

Image 4:
Island1.jpg

I hope this helps a bit, Judy.

Not sure if it helps me or not. Is there water behind The Condom Factory? Are you sure about the location she was found? I am so confused. Thanks for the pics.

Not sure if it helps me or not. Is there water behind The Condom Factory? Are you sure about the location she was found? I am so confused. Thanks for the pics.

Judy - do you believe that Kelly was found elsewhere?

ETA: TIA!

Question: Just thinking outloud.. would it be of any help at all to search (again) the area where Kelly was found, or maybe area (s) near the location she was found that was maybe not looked over by initial searches? Maybe to try & locate cell and/or keys or anything else? Would that in any way be helpful or has the area already been thoroughly searched?
Of course, if anyone would choose to proceed, it would have to be I would think ok and accepted by family first & foremost out of respect, and then be well organized so as no one is ever searching alone, always in groups, etc..

Again, just thinking out loud, would like to hear others opinions, maybe from family or locals. Just trying to think out of the box.

JUSTICE4KELLY

Judy, this is the location Shutterfly believed Kelly was found--and most of us agreed.

The police spoke about a small island near White Bank Park (WBP). There are two. This one in images posted is small and hidden among other islands, but there is another one right outside and to the left of the boat ramps at WBP. It is very much "out in the open" and larger than the one shown to you in my previous post. If Kelly's remains had been on that island, she would have been found a long time ago I would image because of the open, unhidden location. If I can get you an image of that island, I'll post it asap.

There is water behind the condom factory (Church & Dwight), but a bit of a distance away (to the southwest). Look at IMAGE #1 again, and notice an orange + and a red +--representing two bodies of water near I95.

ETA: Here are two images of the second "small" island--this one very close to WBP and very visible. Please note the boat ramps at WBP.

IslandnearWBP.jpg

This one show "everything"--condom factory, BPA and the boat ramps, most of Swift Creek, I95, the orange and red + signs, etc. In THIS image the second island is in the red square (to make it more visible to you).

IslandnearWBPWide-angleimage.jpg

You also might like to take a look on Kelly's thread #2, page 27, post 658 by Shutterfly concerning her discovery of the island close to I95 (vs. the island near WBP).

I understand your confusion. But, if it helps any, when rescuers left the boat ramps at WBP, they went toward I95 to retrieve the remains, not north (I've seen the videos). They spoke of a "small island" on which Kelly was found. Between WBP and I95 there are only two small islands, the two I pointed out to you tonight. Many (most?) of us believe the island near I95 is the correct one.

Please let me know if there is any other way I can help or if you need any other images. I really want to help. Thanks.

Hello everyone, great photos! From what I've been reading, the majority of posters don't think the tidal current could push a body upstream. However, I spoke with a very close friend who was born and raised his entire life in Colonial Heights. He fishes regularly in that area, under the 95 bridge and White Bank area. He told me that in fact the tidal currents are extremely strong there. The tide comes in and out every 6 hours. So the water flows one way for 6 hours, then changes direction. He told me once he was fishing under the 95 bridge and when he wanted to go home, his motor had cut out and he had an extremely difficult time trying to paddle against the tidal current which was flowing upstream at the time. I have also spoken with two other people who are familiar with and fish in that area and they both said the same thing.

So perhaps somebody with a boat could try it and see if it's true? Find out what times of day the current changes directions and go out there in a boat, cut off the motor and see which way the current takes you? Just a thought, I don't fish myself and I have no personal knowledge of that area. Just trying to add any information that may be helpful in understanding how or why she ended up at White Bank.

I also read on the topix forum a poster that says they are good friends with Kelly and also a coworker, that the water behind their work is tidal and flows one way for 4 to 6 hrs then it flows the other way.

Hello everyone, great photos! From what I've been reading, the majority of posters don't think the tidal current could push a body upstream. However, I spoke with a very close friend who was born and raised his entire life in Colonial Heights. He fishes regularly in that area, under the 95 bridge and White Bank area. He told me that in fact the tidal currents are extremely strong there. The tide comes in and out every 6 hours. So the water flows one way for 6 hours, then changes direction. He told me once he was fishing under the 95 bridge and when he wanted to go home, his motor had cut out and he had an extremely difficult time trying to paddle against the tidal current which was flowing upstream at the time. I have also spoken with two other people who are familiar with and fish in that area and they both said the same thing.

So perhaps somebody with a boat could try it and see if it's true? Find out what times of day the current changes directions and go out there in a boat, cut off the motor and see which way the current takes you? Just a thought, I don't fish myself and I have no personal knowledge of that area. Just trying to add any information that may be helpful in understanding how or why she ended up at White Bank.
Thats true about the current , however if the body had a negative bouyancy ( on the bottom ) the current is not strong enough to move the body very far because the current is less at the bottom than it is at the top. The dive captin told me that it would take a lot of force to move a body that has a negative bouancy. Even if the body did move some , the body would have been in the search area . The point of entry could not have been at blueprint. This is based on an expert of many years in this field. Remember they started the search the next day after Kelly went missing. The divers are very aware of the currents and the times that they would change. They have low and high tide charts for the river. One would have to know this to do that kind of work. The area is not really that big . They had aircraft, divers, dogs , people, sonar, and lots of experiance . They did search for days , and covered a lot of area. Im pretty sure that she was not in the water at that time . They would have found her . It seems to me that there is more to this than suicide.

Tides are every 6 hours. 2 low and 2 high tides within a 24 hour period.

What one has to realize here...is that her body would not be like a boat floating on top of the water...if she had been in the water the entire time her body would have been on the bottom (which the searchers have stated her body was not in that water - or they would have found it)... until the gasses released and she floated to the top.

If she was going to be pushed in one direction for 6 hours...she would have been pulled in the opposite direction for the next 6 hours... Either way - she probably would not have been far from where she was put into the water.

JMHO

Tides are every 6 hours. 2 low and 2 high tides within a 24 hour period.

What one has to realize here...is that her body would not be like a boat floating on top of the water...if she had been in the water the entire time her body would have been on the bottom (which the searchers have stated her body was not in that water - or they would have found it)... until the gasses released and she floated to the top.

If she was going to be pushed in one direction for 6 hours...she would have been pulled in the opposite direction for the next 6 hours... Either way - she probably would not have been far from where she was put into the water.

JMHO
Gotcha! See that proves right there it wasn't a suicide. "The searchers would have found her body if it was in the water". But how did she get there?

I think we should try to figure out all possibal places that she could have entered the water. The fastest way to put a body in the water without being seen ,and without a lot of effort. Maybe the bridge or a drivabal path to the waters edge , and ending up where she was found? If we could find the point of entry; then maybe some clues could be found. The most likely to the least likely?

I have just been thinking...since she was found on/near an island, wouldn't it be marked with some sort of tape ie: crime tape? I know they have to do certain things before a body is removed from the area BUT one would think that they would still continue to look for clues in that area once the body was removed and would not want people to go near the area. The reason I ask about the crime scene tape, is because that would help and locate the exact spot she was found.

Good question Scrappy...

I would tend to think she was put in at waters edge somewhere...somewhere that one could drive right up to (or almost to) the water. But where? I have no idea since I'm not from or familiar with the area - only what we've seen here in the pictures.

Seems that it would be a little hard for one person to do this out of a john boat or canoe because of the tipping factor - unless there were 2 people...but that's JMO from being in both kinds of boats. An inflatable raft would be more doable with one person I would think - and an inflatable raft would be easier to clean (or get rid of) if that was what was used.

I have just been thinking...since she was found on/near an island, wouldn't it be marked with some sort of tape ie: crime tape? I know they have to do certain things before a body is removed from the area BUT one would think that they would still continue to look for clues in that area once the body was removed and would not want people to go near the area. The reason I ask about the crime scene tape, is because that would help and locate the exact spot she was found.

This is true - I hadn't thought of that...but when I saw your posting...The first thing I thought...

LE seemed to have pre-determined that this was a suicide...so I'm not sure that even when they found her body they were thinking really anything other still... So that's why I'm thinking that if no one saw the crime scene tape...then LE was still believing no crime was committed...and there would be no need for the tape....

Another thing is I know there is duck hunting around there, but is there other animals and stuff that could get to where Kelly was? If there is and Kelly was there for awhile then they would have gotten to her.

This is true - I hadn't thought of that...but when I saw your posting...The first thing I thought...

LE seemed to have pre-determined that this was a suicide...so I'm not sure that even when they found her body they were thinking really anything other still... So that's why I'm thinking that if no one saw the crime scene tape...then LE was still believing no crime was committed...and there would be no need for the tape....
I hope thats not the case. That would be messed up. They have another branch for that called internal affairs to investigate those who are suppose to be investegating. But i dont think thats the case at all im sure they are still waiting on all the facts to come in. I got some respect for them. They seem to be doing what they are suppose to, it just takes time.

I sleep good at night knowing that if something happend to me ; that good people would do the same for me even if they didnt even know me .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214