VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey AN: You might want to ask him specifically where she was found and on what side of the "island". How was she found - partly in water/partly out - to what proportion. Face up or down.

I'm so glad he is willing to help you. I have found a person deceased and while it wasn't under tragic circumstances, it is something I will never forget.

Questions that could be asked:
Ask if he would draw a map of the 'island' and mark the spot where she was found.
Maybe he could use the map that is on WS and mark his journey that day til she was found?

Then, along with the same thought,
have him just write down what happened in his own words;
could he tell how he came up on her remains.
Was he fishing?
Started downstream, had been out for two hours and
then as he came past the island...etc...

Does he know that area well?
Had he been there by that area recently? Before he found her?

What was his opinion of where she was found, considering
where she 'might' have gone into the river?

I doubt if there were any obvious signs of any other cause of death, but if he noted anything, just to tell you.

Was he there when the police or river police arrived? Did he hear any of what they said to one another?

fwiw: I don't believe her death was accidental.

I would ask how deep the water was surrounding the immediate area she was found in. Was it shallow? was it known to be deep in the past? If memory serves me correct, he had been working with birds in that area for years for the college he was going to. When was the last time he was in the area where she was found? Does he think it's possible for someone to drown in that area or could a body flow downstream to that area. I would think if a body flows downstream, they MIGHT hit obstacles along the way and that would cause some type of trauma to the body. Was it common to have other people in that area fishing, hunting, etc? Could you see the bridge from where she was found? Was the island hidden to where she could not be seen from the bridge or from someone possibly that was fishing? Ask about her clothes if you all haven't seen them since they found her. Were they ripped up? Faded? Intact? I may come up with more but those are the things that run thru my head.

As for her clothes, was she also wearing a coat, jacket, or work smock when she was found?

Also, did she have any kind of shoes on her feet when she was found?

Belting: If memory serves me correctly...Kelly didn't go downstream but went upstream against the current. Well at least she was found 1 to 1.5 miles upstream from BPA

I am unsure what all has been done by family.
I know they wanted to get copies of the case file, FOIA.
I don't know if they have been successful.

But, I like the idea of a reasoned well written letter to LE, DA, State DA,
listing the missing pieces of the puzzle of what happened to Kelly C.
Listing the why's or why not's that were not answered in the first investigation.
Listing why others believe how uncommon it would be for her body to be found where it was.

I would be glad to work on it with someone.
I will start fleshing out a draft letter.

Dreamweaver, maybe this will help, copied from a post back in April 2010:
Why Kelly Catalano's death was not a suicide:

1. Body ended up upstream
2. Goggles discovered on the second day of the search in an area that had already been searched
3. Kelly mentioned things were moved around in her home
4. Kelly's mailbox was vandalized; vulgarities written on it
5. Kelly took her car keys and cell phone with her as she ran out of BPA and toward the river; seems she was planning to return to work
6. Kelly left her machine running, as if she planned to return
7. Kelly bought 30 gallons of gas and a volleyball pass and signed up for cooking classes the night before her disappearance; she had future plans
8. Kelly made plans to meet and walk with coworkers at 11:00-11:30 on the day she disappeared
9. Kelly had just gotten a raise
10. Kelly had just bought a new car, which she loved.
11. Kelly reported to others that she was being stalked
12. Water in Swift Creek was shallow; Kelly was athletic and a strong swimmer
13. Body traveled upstream approx 1.5 miles
14. Doors to Kelly's home were found unlocked (after police locked them) following Kelly's disappearance
15. Kelly told coworkers "she'd be right back" or "be back in a minute"
16. She went to work that day. If she planned on suicide, wouldn't she have taken a vacation or sick day and just stayed home?
17. Near date of anniversary
18. Surveillance cam's weren't working at BPA?
19. Shortly after Kelly went missing, someone turned off Kelly's cell phone (which she took with her when she left BPA on the morning of January 15). Who would bring their cell phone with them when they are running to the river to commit suicide and then turn it off before entering the water to end their life? No one.

Thank You all for help with questions. My mind just goes in circles sometimes and I dont want to forget anything at all. Finding the truth is way to important to me!! Keep thinking for me and let me know if you think of any more questions.

keep your head up and my prayers are with you and your family.
the truth is out there and i hope someone will come foward with
some new info on the case.

Thank You Scrappy! Also for all the time you spent with my family searching for Kelly.

It doesnt appear no matter how hard I look and fight. I keep running into dead ends but that doesnt mean I will be giving up anytime soon. Events in my life may have slowed me up some or maybe these events helped me answer 1 important question! All I know is I'm back and ready to fight for answers again!!!
STILL LOVING AND MISSING KELLY EVERYDAY!!!

You Go Girl!!:cheer:

We're here if you need help or support.

Thank You Knox!!! It still amazes me everyday that so many of you still follow this thread and offer your thoughts and support! Especially since so many of you never had the priviledge of meeting my aunt. If everyone had a heart like the people on this thread and my Aunt Kelly this world would be a great place to live!! Thank You all for your help and support!!!!

Check out Jill Edmond's thread... Interesting post

I am physically sick from reading Jills thread!!! How is that suicide by drowning?? I got the pleasure of meeting a family member of Jill's at Kellys memorial. She shared some of those details about the condition Jills body was found in but not to the degree in which I just read. How does VA LE figure these deaths are suicide? A human being does not do that kind of damage to their own body before committing suicide. I am not sure who posted that or where they got their info but I do know I heard some of those facts before from a member of Jills family.

Bumping for Kelly. I think of her often, and hope that her family can get the case reopened. As a former VA resident, it makes me very sad that they can just write off such an obviously suspicious death as a suicide. To Kelly's family, you are not alone, and Kelly has touched other people's lives even after her death.

Thank You Tweedle and everyone else who has not forgotten Kelly! People say time will help ease the pain but that relief doesnt come when there is so many unanswered questions.

To answer some emails from a few of you....just because I have not posted lately it doesnt mean I have given up, forgotten or quit. Still looking for answers!

Some of you still email me and send messages and I would like to Thank you for your concern still. It has been a very hard 2 years. But it has also been hard tor Jill Edmound's family. A lot of people believe there is many similarities between Kelly and Jill cases. So I wnted to point out that Jill's sister has released some info about Jills condition on the fb page HELP FIND JILL EDMONDS!! PLEASE HELP!! It is the info that we were told at Kellys memorial and asked not to share. Jills family has not given up and neither has Kellys! Its been 2 yrs please don't forget about these ladies and the other missing people that seem to be forgotten by VA le!

Happy Birthday Kelly! Still looking for answers.
I ask anyone still looking at this thread to please also Look at leyla N thread missing from Chesterfield April 4,2012 last seen leaving work. They are seeing similarities and maybe some of you could help find leyla!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back