Found Deceased VA - Lance Buckley, 33, Stafford, 5 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
All slugging is catching a ride with someone going to DC Northern VA.There has to be 3 passengers to ride HOV lane,so slugging is very common.It seems he made it on the ride and disappeared near Howard.There are reports out now he may have a handgun with him.I am getting the feeling the family feels he is missing by his own accord.I sure hope he has not done anything to hurt himself.

Hoping this is just a case of an overwhelmed young man who slipped away to either think, or cut loose.

Wow.....I'm a guy and all, but this picture is...I can't think of the words...
CEWNyKrWEAAwpl4.jpg

http://www.staffordsheriff.com/apps/public/news/newsView.cfm?News_ID=715

Maybe its my blonde showing but I don't understand...

Q
‘I just want you home,’ heartsick wife pleads for missing PhD student to come home

http://wtvr.com/2015/05/06/lance-calvin-buckley-missing-wife-pleads-for-howard-student-to-come-home/

Deputies do not suspect the drivers who drove Buckley to DC are involved in his disappearance since records show an ATM withdrawal and a text message from Howard’s campus.

Additionally, detectives said late Wednesday that Buckley may have had a handgun with him, but that he “is absolutely no danger to anyone.”
He may have a handgun on his person and not a danger to others??? I guess that the wife noticed the handgun's missing.

Why do I sense there is more to this case,then what they are telling us

Prayers for this family. I hope so much he's taking a breather. Praying he sees his beautiful wife's pleas & finds his way home safely to his wife & gorgeous children. They need him home with them.
Praying praying praying he didn't or doesn't make a permanent decision because of non-permanent issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know firsthand how stressful graduate school can be, not to mention if he is nearing graduation he is likely also in the midst of dissertation work. I am really worried for him. Hope he just needs a break.

In thinking over the reasoning the press release gives on the gun issue.

Here we have an armed man who slugged to school ,with a gun yet poses no threat to others however we cannot be reassured he wont harm himself...
Why would he carry a gun to college ? Can you even have those there?
Why did he take a gun?
Is there a threat from someone? Did he join Isis? I wouldn't think DC would be the best place to go to self harm. I hope he just always carried a gun everywhere.

They know where his last phone ping was, so stuff is going on here which is kinda odd for Stafford missing person cases.

I imagine in VA you can have a gun pretty much anyplace...
Still...him taking it on this trip can't be good, unless he carried it everywhere...jmo

Though DC's gun ban has been lifted, allowing residents to own guns, it still does NOT observe peaceable journey laws. So, unless he has permission to have his gun in the District, he broke the law by crossing into DC from Virginia with it. Also, DC, for the most part, does not allow personal firearms within 1000ft of campuses/schools/etc.

I wondered what slugging meant...

Police said it was normal for Buckley to catch rides to Howard from the commuter lot. Slugging is a long-established system of commuting to and from the Washington area in which drivers pick up passengers, often strangers, in order to have enough riders to use the High Occupancy Vehicle lanes on Interstate 95.

http://www.fredericksburg.com/news/...cle_6a05e3dc-f3ff-11e4-b18d-077f973caa18.html

Sadly I don't think this will have a good outcome!
I sure hope Im wrong!

I pray he finds the strength to get himself thru whatever it is he is battling!
He has a beautiful wife and georgeous kids his oldest looks just like him!
They wont be better off without you!

I know about the FERPA laws and all, but I am REALLY curious about his actual graduation status.

My scenario is this: They have a baby they know will be born near the end of his PhD studies- wife is secure knowing school will finally be over and he will be getting full-time employment. Except, he's hiding the fact that school is NOT over, maybe school isn't really happening lately, but he's been hiding that fact. (Like we occasionally see the unemployed do) So, on the day he's supposed to go pick up his regalia (which he is not really getting due to the above scenario) he just goes through the motions of commuting and then bugs out.

All of the above is conjecture- but you must admit, it is a plausible scenario.

Anyone know what his PhD was to be in? Did he have even part-time employment? Was the wife supporting the family while he was in school?

In thinking over the reasoning the press release gives on the gun issue.

Here we have an armed man who slugged to school ,with a gun yet poses no threat to others however we cannot be reassured he wont harm himself...
Why would he carry a gun to college ? Can you even have those there?
Why did he take a gun?
Is there a threat from someone? Did he join Isis? I wouldn't think DC would be the best place to go to self harm. I hope he just always carried a gun everywhere.

They know where his last phone ping was, so stuff is going on here which is kinda odd for Stafford missing person cases.

"Did he join ISIS?" (BBM) What would make you suggest that? There has not been any hint of that anywhere. I apologize if I am mistaken and missed some MSM or other verifiable source. Curious why that would even come up.

It doesn't appear, with the information available to the public, that this was a particularly organized disappearance. Slugging is really very common and normal. If that was a normal thing for him, I don't see why he would change that practice. He may have been carrying the handgun with him even before that day or he may have just grabbed it at the last minute, unsure of what he was going to do.

The case is a Stafford case b/c that is where he resided and was officially last seen. I am having a hard time seeing what is unusual about this case being a Stafford case? What, specifically, did you think was odd for a Stafford case?

I think DC is just as good as any other place if he wanted to get lost or, sadly, be of harm to himself. Rock Creek Park comes to mind. Some of the more down and dirty parts of the Potomac.
---

I fear that between the extreme stress of finalizing his PhD and the physical exhaustion of having a newborn in the home (he was likely operating on very little sleep) that he may have had some sort of mental break. I hope that it would resolve in something like he just needed to escape or he may even be in a state of stress induced amnesia or a fuge.

His families pleas seem to be directed at him, personally - asking him to come home. I think they probably know what the likely scenarios are. I hope that the publicity of the case will bring witnesses forward who saw him after the 10:16 text so they can get an idea of where he was headed and what his demeanor was.

I wondered what slugging meant...

Police said it was normal for Buckley to catch rides to Howard from the commuter lot. Slugging is a long-established system of commuting to and from the Washington area in which drivers pick up passengers, often strangers, in order to have enough riders to use the High Occupancy Vehicle lanes on Interstate 95.

http://www.fredericksburg.com/news/...cle_6a05e3dc-f3ff-11e4-b18d-077f973caa18.html

LOL...Oops, sorry about that. I guess those of us who already knew that could have filled you all in. I was highly annoyed when the media referred to him "hitching" a ride that morning but it did not occur to me that others may not know what a slug is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876
Back