Found Deceased VA - Lance Buckley, 33, Stafford, 5 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This. I don't believe their life is going to go on like this didn't happen. This is not over for them, imo.

I will not comment on his actions because I have no idea what prompted him. I am grateful that he is safe and that he did not use the gun on his family or himself. We have all seen that here on WS.

Not even sure what to say now... my previous comments seem out of place now. This update is definitely not what I wanted to see . :-(

Not even sure what to say now... my previous comments seem out of place now. This update is definitely not what I wanted to see . :-(

Hugs mrsobrien. I reread the thread and was cringing and just so heartbroken knowing where it was going [emoji20]none of us could have known.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Related to this case .http://wtop.com/stafford-county/2016/11/4-found-dead-in-stafford-county-subdivision/

Here is Amy's facebook https://www.facebook.com/amy.w.buckley .This is so heartbreaking , I keep seeing that beautiful family picture of the four of them.

Oh my gosh ... I don't know what to think ... seeing this just now, I almost threw up (sorry :().

I want to know what happened between Lance being found and this horrendous tragedy taking place. Clearly, he was tremendously disturbed, but could have been acting somewhat normal in the days preceding his taking his family's and his own lives. They were living with his parents; after what happened last year, it seems that they would have done something (i.e., petition a judge to have him committed) had he been showing any signs of distress. Or maybe they did, and he had just been released.

I understand that LE hasn't said how they died, so I have no idea, but I really hope that Lance was not allowed to keep the gun he reportedly took with him when he went missing, or that there were any firearms in the house :(. I know he could have used a knife, baseball bat, etc., but guns just make it easier, especially when there are multiple intended victims, IMO.

This, I will never, ever understand. Rest in peace.

I wish he would have remained missing.

Sadly, in this case, I agree. And maybe that's what he wanted for himself, too. Still doesn't justify this horrendous act. But then he could have been hearing voices, telling him to do this, too. Something should have been done, but of course, that's easy for me to say. This just makes me so sick to the stomach.

http://www.wusa9.com/mb/news/local/...d-in-stafford-county-murder-suicide/353764790

Around 8:41 a.m. Thursday, 911 operators received a call from a man who said he wanted to report three murders and a suicide at an address on Wilderness Court. Deputies said he later identified himself as Lance Buckley and hung up the phone.

Why murder your family? I will never understand.

Why why why???

Breaks my heart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live about 45 minutes drive away.It was on the front cover of our newspaper this morning.I just couldn't believe it,and I remember when he went missing.I have thought about this all day like a nightmare.The whole family gone and those" beautiful children".This will stay with me for awhile.The picture of the four of them embedded in my mind.I believe she loved him,but he was a broken soul.Don't know why but he just had to be,.My prayers are with the family members,they have a long road ahead.

Relatives at the home did not want to talk to reporters, but we spoke to Deirdre Lightfoot who works at the local pediatrics office and would see mom and the two children often.

“I’ve been there a year and seen them eight or nine times,” she recalled. “If there was a cough, runny nose she would bring the kids in, she was very protective of the kids.”

“She was friendly but never smiles when she came in just wanted to make sure her babies were good,” Lightfoot said. “She loved those babies. She loved those kids

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/vir...dentified-himself-in-murder-suicide/353905198

This is just so sad and tragic.
The signs were all there the help wasnt.

Jmo

Should the title of this thread or at least the 'found alive' possibly be changed? I know the 'found alive' refers to when LB was found safe after he went missing, but in light of how this eventually ended up, it jolts me every time to still see it in the title.

Just something I noticed/felt... could be just me.

...and as for the rest of your post, good lord, you sound like you would have been happier if he would have blown his brains out........

snipped. Yeah i would have been.
Interesting, sad, going through the old posts...

Should the title of this thread or at least the 'found alive' possibly be changed? I know the 'found alive' refers to when LB was found safe after he went missing, but in light of how this eventually ended up, it jolts me every time to still see it in the title.

Just something I noticed/felt... could be just me.

I know , I dont think there has been a case like this before. I would not even know what to title the thread now. I feel awful that he felt his only hope was to commit suicide but I feel even worse that he murdered his beautiful girls and wife . Depression is an awful illness but illness is not an excuse to murder your innocent babies . I am sure everyone here has lost a dear loved one do to illness ,accident,murder or suicide so we all know answers will never be clear or understood. This type of tragedy is unlike anything I can wrap my head around. Why did he not just leave again? I am sure the sheriffs office would have let him go if he had said he needed to get away.

Maybe he had a psychotic depression, or some other mental illness that causes psychosis?

So he shot them and then himself in the head. What a shame he still had access to a gun after his disappearance last year.

They still lived with his parents. LE haven't said where his parents were at the time. They are lucky to have not been killed too. But if he was going to spare his parents, why not spare at least the children too?! I'm sure his parents would have raised them.

And why phone LE to report 3 murders and a suicide before shooting himself? Maybe he didn't want his parents to come under suspicion?

Or maybe I'm just trying to apply logic to someone who was in a completely irrational frame of mind. :gaah:

Such a tragedy :( :( :(

3A7E8F1200000578-3947224-image-a-10_1479426122932.jpg

So he shot them and then himself in the head. What a shame he still had access to a gun after his disappearance last year.

They still lived with his parents. LE haven't said where his parents were at the time. They are lucky to have not been killed too. But if he was going to spare his parents, why not spare at least the children too?! I'm sure his parents would have raised them.

And why phone LE to report 3 murders and a suicide before shooting himself? Maybe he didn't want his parents to come under suspicion?

Or maybe I'm just trying to apply logic to someone who was in a completely irrational frame of mind. :gaah:

Such a tragedy :( :( :(

View attachment 105164

What a great, insightful post, Rayemonde. The Halloween photo is haunting. The older girl looked just like Lance.

As far as the gun: I have been hospitalized for depression multiple times throughout my life, mostly in the last 15 years. Each and every time, before they discharge me, a family member is asked if there is a gun in the house, and if there is, to remove it. Try to have a friend or a relative store it for you. It's not like they make you sign a paper saying that you will do so, but it's something they always make sure to address before you go home, along with your after-care plan, your prescriptions, etc. In my opinion, if a person is determined to end their life, they will do it, whatever it takes. In cases where a person is impulsively suicidal (or homicidal, for that matter), however, I think whether the person has ready access to a gun can make a critical difference.

Given Lance's history (IIRC, when Lance went missing, LE became particularly concerned about his well-being after discovering that he had a gun on him), in particular, I'm sure there was a similar conversation that took place. Lance still could have accomplished the same exact thing with a knife, a hammer, etc., as long as he was determined. At the same time, I'd like to think that every effort was made to keep guns away from him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010
Back