Found Deceased VA - Lance Buckley, 33, Stafford, 5 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I didn't want him to commit suicide. Correct. I would have been very upset if I'd read that he had...most cases of this nature that I've read about DID involve the subject committing suicide.

Now, hopefully the personal attacks/assumptions are over(from everyone)...surely we're all allowed to have(and voice) our opinions and our experiences without having to deal with them?

Emeraldine...I like people who "throw it all out there"...so thanks for your honest opinion...even if it left you open to some criticism. Don't change. I am a mom of 4 children and if my husband ever ran away...it would have filled us with tremendous fear and grief. Not just while he was gone...but possibly forever. That does feel a bit selfish to me as well. God's speed Lance! Get the help you need to cope with life. The journey gets rocky. Often.

I didn't want him to commit suicide. Correct. I would have been very upset if I'd read that he had...most cases of this nature that I've read about DID involve the subject committing suicide.

Now, hopefully the personal attacks/assumptions are over(from everyone)...surely we're all allowed to have(and voice) our opinions and our experiences without having to deal with them?

Some of us completely get your point. It's not about wanting harm to come to anyone, that is not a fair thing for anyone to say.

I know all too well the things that mental illness can cause someone to do, disappear, affairs, addictions. No one asks for those things and I am compassionate towards them and
hope and pray they get help and peace, but their mental illness doesn't mean the partner is not allowed to feel hurt and betrayed by those actions, nor does it mean that we can't sympathize with her as well.

I can't imagine how worried that woman was with two little ones, a lot of women are blue for quite some time after the birth of their children, at least I was with my hormones being all wonky, I'd be in tears multiple times a day, this would have devastated me. I would live in fear that he would leave again and anytime stress came into our lives the stress would be a hundred times worse cause I'd be scared he just wouldn't come home one day. We can sympathize with this man while also sympathizing with the wife and empathizing how she must be feeling. I hope they both get counseling.

I am so glad this turned out well, I was fearing the worst. People need to remember, one can feel relief and anger at the same time. Like when I wandered off at the mall and it took Mum 2 hours to find me.
Tears, hugs, kisses, spank, yelling, hugs, kisses lol.

However, all the empathy in the world won't make it okay for women to allow men to mistreat them...if I see people who think that abandonment and poor coping skills are the sorts of traits that every man displays in his life(in other words, if they think it's just something that's to be expected and forgiven and allowed), it feels wrong to not speak up and say something in defense of the many wonderful men who don't display these traits.

Alright, show me where anyone has said this is normal and acceptable behavior for anyone (male or female). It's not. Something is very wrong there. While there may be bad character traits involved, my money is on some kind of more severe mental illness. People have repeatedly suggested, more or less categorically, he needs to 'man up'. All I can say is I hope none of you have to deal with an illness where people tell you to just tough it out and fgs stop behaving as if you're ill.

"Abandonment" to me is emptying the bank account and running off to Mexico with some little undergrad, never to be seen in his family's life again. Again, not this.

Alright, I want you to show me where, in a post that illustrates the love most men have for their families(which was made solely because I don't want women to think it's "okay" or "just a man thing" if their husbands decide to reject their families), that I even remotely suggest that I would have wanted this man to blow his brains out.

Show me.

I don't see it.

I have expressed repeatedly that I'm glad he was found, and that I'm glad he is alive.

However, all the empathy in the world won't make it okay for women to allow men to mistreat them...if I see people who think that abandonment and poor coping skills are the sorts of traits that every man displays in his life(in other words, if they think it's just something that's to be expected and forgiven and allowed), it feels wrong to not speak up and say something in defense of the many wonderful men who don't display these traits.

You think this man mistreat his wife?

Alright, show me where anyone has said this is normal and acceptable behavior for anyone (male or female). It's not. Something is very wrong there. While there may be bad character traits involved, my money is on some kind of more severe mental illness. People have repeatedly suggested, more or less categorically, he needs to 'man up'. All I can say is I hope none of you have to deal with an illness where people tell you to just tough it out and fgs stop behaving as if you're ill.

"Abandonment" to me is emptying the bank account and running off to Mexico with some little undergrad, never to be seen in his family's life again. Again, not this.

If you look back, you will see the comment I was initially replying to(before unrelated people with comments that had very little to do with anything I even wrote decided to jump in, spotlight me, and derail the thread). Nothing is wrong with that comment; I was simply adding my thoughts to it, because I feel that general groups of men may have different views than this person believes they have - and because I also feel that this man's behaviors can't necessarily be used to help illustrate those views.

I'm sure many of us have had to deal with an illness while being told to just "tough it out." It is, sadly, extremely common for people who have no idea what they're talking about to say things like that.

I, personally, do not expect this man to simply "tough out" any problems he's having. That's not the point of anything I have said...though I can't speak for others who have criticized his behavior along the same vein.

what??? and as for the rest of your post, good lord, you sound like you would have been happier if he would have blown his brains out......where is your empathy for a human being fgs? he's safe!!! this person has children and is obviously in a very dark place and in need of help!!......

no wonder people in this country are so hesitant to reach out for help.......to admit that things are falling apart and they can't cope, that maybe they cannot keep up the facade, or maybe they cannot meet the expectations they or someone set for themselves.....it might be a temporary problem or be a deeper issue but it's a problem to be sure........and obviously judgement is quick, quick and vicious and fierce, and everyone judging is the perfect spouse, employee, parent....no wonder we see these situations end so tragically most of the time!!!'

but this time it didn't.........so let's don't brow beat him.....let's have empathy for this family and now allow them privacy to heal and receive the help they need.......these babies still have a daddy, this woman still has a husband, these parents still have their son......have some empathy, let them heal, show some humanity.........some day you might walk in his shoes.........never say never.........

Thank You for your post I was feeling the same way!

Urgh...please don't think it's normal for men(smart or otherwise) to even entertain the thought of chickening out and hitting "reset" on their families just because of what a grave responsibility it is to have them.

There's a reason why men bring pictures of their wives/children to put on their desks at work, and that reason isn't separation anxiety. It's because work is the most stressful place for many to be, and being reminded that they will still have their families to go home to at the end of the day is what gives them the strength to go on despite that desire to leave that does, indeed, strike all people(male or female) when we're overwhelmed.

Most stressed people drive around, like you said, in a sort of "symbolic" way(I do that, too, sometimes, and it helps); or else, they find something centering to do, have a heart-to-heart with their spouses, or talk to a trusted advisor...they don't run out on their dependent children(and the recovering mother of those children) at the worst possible time without any sort of warning, and then send a text message after several days before finally returning without even explaining themselves to the authorities who dropped everything on their behalf.

It just hurts to even think about someone choosing to do such a selfish, adolescent thing...I'm alarmed that so many women here seem to both support and defend this man.

He's clearly conflicted, not knowing whether or not he wants to continue forward with his wife, children, and/or chosen career path. As another commenter said, he really should seek counseling - hopefully before he decides to do something more drastic.

It's not typical, healthy, or acceptable behavior...whether he meets the requirements for graduation or not.

I may be completely mistaken, and Mr. Buckley may indeed be a "selfish, adolescent" jerk. However, based on what has been reported by MSM (and I realize that it is not always entirely accurate), it is clear to me that what he did this week was due to a very serious acute mental health crisis. It is also important to point out that his actions over the last few days are not a reflection of Mr. B.'s character traits, but rather, symptoms of his illness. I highly doubt that any of us would think to (even remotely) criticize his behavior had he been found in a diabetic coma or unresponsive due to, say, a stroke. So why should we, if he is indeed suffering from major depression or experiencing a dissociative episode, for example.

My sincere apologies if I sound inappropriately harsh. We lost two students to suicide this academic year (I work at a university): First, right before the holidays, or immediately following the first semester finals, and the second, right before spring break, or immediately following the second semester midterms. The latter student, an extremely high achiever, would have been graduating with honors this month. The last thing we need is to add more stigma to mental illness. In all seriousness, mental illness kills.

I don't think you sound inappropriately harsh at all. In fact, I think your comment is very sincere, respectful, and full of insight from personal experience.

The issue I take with this man's behavior is not that he has a mental illness. I have written so many other words besides the two trigger words everyone is focusing on("selfish" and "adolescent")...I really wish some people here would read them, and maybe where I'm coming from, and the point I was originally trying to make, would be clearer.

This has nothing to do with your comment, but I should mention that the people who imply that I know nothing about depression are really stepping very far out of line in making such an assumption. I was once in a "relationship" in which I was so badly abused that I almost didn't get out, and I am only here today because committing suicide would have meant that my abuser won. I know what depression is like. I know what dissociative breaks are like, and what wandering around at 2am with practically no idea of who you are or where you're going is like. I also know what dragging yourself back up again by your own bloody knuckles, without anyone else desiring in the slightest to help you(the opposite, if anything), is like. It is not a fun situation to be in, and I completely understand if this man has been overwhelmed by whatever it is he's feeling.

Just, there are other options to take besides running out on your wife, child, and eleven-day-old baby...unless, of course, their continued presence is the problem. This is where I start to take issue with what he's done. Perhaps there are problems in his marriage; perhaps he didn't really want this second child; perhaps any number of things are going on which are nobody's business but his own...but, I can't help it if something doesn't look right to me, and I can't change my opinion to please others for whom these sorts of issues are irrelevant to their perception of what happened.

I also can't lie down quietly if people seem to be suggesting that men everywhere have to struggle with themselves to keep from doing what this man did. People are absolutely entitled to feel that's true, but I very adamantly don't.

Again, I hope he can get some counseling and straighten his issues out, whatever they may be.

I'm sorry to hear about your students. Being young and feeling the pressure of having to earn a high enough GPA(sometimes with loans involved) can really take its toll, and there aren't always sufficient resources to help.

I really do appreciate your comment, and the fact that it assumes nothing about me or my life...but, I hope we can move on to another discussion, now. I don't feel that it should be necessary for me to clarify what I've said any further(I'm really just repeating myself, here), and I know it isn't necessary for me to change my own perceptions in order for them be just as valid as everyone else's.

Debate is one thing(one thing that I feel should never be discouraged, and generally participate in if it's fair), but this is no longer about debate - it is about "ganging up on" those who go against popular opinion, and seeing how much misunderstanding and/or verbal abuse(assumptions and attacks) those people(and their own opinions) can survive.

It is enough.

Have a good night.

Related to this case .http://wtop.com/stafford-county/2016/11/4-found-dead-in-stafford-county-subdivision/

[FONT=&amp]However, a police source later confirmed that the adult victims were Lance and Amy Buckley, and that the husband is suspected of killing his wife and the girls before taking his own life.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Bonnie Thomen, who moved to Windsor Forest in 2004, said she casually knows Lance Buckley’s mother, who also lives at the home where the deaths took place. Buckley moved into his parents’ home with his wife and two young children last year, she said.
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Lance Buckley was in the news last year [/FONT]when he went missing on May 5, 2015, after catching a ride to Howard University[FONT=&amp], where he was enrolled in a Ph.D program. His family thought he was graduating a few days later, but he did not.[/FONT]

Here is Amy's facebook https://www.facebook.com/amy.w.buckley .This is so heartbreaking , I keep seeing that beautiful family picture of the four of them.

Heart breaking. I had hoped that Lance had mended his brokeness and found peace with his beautiful family. No words for how tragic this is.

Such a tragic world we live in. Obviously, Lance was not able to get the help he so badly needed. This is so absolutely devastating. Why take your beautiful wife and precious babies with you? Tears..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMGOODNESS!
I followed when he went missing .
Beautiful wife and child...
This is just tragic!

I wish he would have remained missing.

I do too now. I remember his mental health being questioned before and they were afraid he might try to harm himself , It makes me wonder if people have said things implying they couldn't live without him or they needed him in hopes of helping him or make him feel loved and important . This must be so devasting for their poor families

Wow. I am shocked to read he has killed his family. He was clearly in need of help. I am so sad he did not get it. His wife was determined to be there for him. I hate that he didn't just kill himself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee
Back