Found Deceased VA - Lance Buckley, 33, Stafford, 5 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Very glad to hear that hes been found and that he's safe.

IMO it was stress produced by graduation and the VERY recent addition of another child.

His mother said he picked up his graduation packet. I don't think they would give him the packet if he wasn't graduating.
He is getting a PhD in microbiology. I have no idea if that is marketable. The NIH is in the area so maybe research in micro but there is no mention of him having a job lined up

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29001405/howard-missing
with a Ph.D. In Microbiology, he can teach at the university level or do research. That is a good field to be in.

Glad nothing bad happened. But looking at his clothes in the ATM pics, it looks like it is time to grow up and carry yourself like a man. Life is not all flowers and daisies every day. I hope he can learn some new ways to cope with the pressures of daily life.

I'm glad he was found and is alive, but if this was a voluntary disappearance that was a s****y thing to do. You think his wife doesn't have her darn hands full with a preschooler and a freaking NEWBORN?! And then to add stress by pulling that crap??? Lord...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The poor guy went missing with a gun and was in a park.
He did not run To a tropical island.
I understand his wife has her hands full but ......we don't know what happened with him.
I'm glad he is alive.

Glad nothing bad happened. But looking at his clothes in the ATM pics, it looks like it is time to grow up and carry yourself like a man. Life is not all flowers and daisies every day. I hope he can learn some new ways to cope with the pressures of daily life.

What's wrong with his clothes?

You're critical of his choice of clothing???? Seriously??

I just wonder how long he planned on being gone.If it wasn't for the tips ,he might still be at the campground.It was like he was running away from all of it.Too much stress and probably depressed.I hope it works out for him and his family.How did he get that far with no car?

Lots of unanswered questions stand, but at the end of the day I am glad that he has been found alive and 2 little girls haven't lost their daddy.

Is there a link to where they said for sure,he has mental health issues.because I never saw it mentioned anywhere.

That's a rather harsh judgement call, imo. We have no idea what's going on in his life aside from MSM articles.

Most PhDs I work with wear cut offs, t-shirts and running shoes to the lab every day so telling him to grow up and dress differently shows a total lack of understanding of the scientific community imho

I can't see why everyone is so upset by the comment that criticizes him for his behavior(well, and clothes). I came to post a similar comment, in fact - while I, too, am glad he's okay, he needs to remember who he is and what the obligations he's voluntarily chosen in his life are supposed to mean.

He didn't have to get married...but, he did. Life ceased to be solely about himself at the moment he made that decision.

His wife, who is supposed to be his partner in a marriage he contributes equally to in all ways, has two children that he helped create, and he must know that she's had to take care of them all by herself in his absence. She just had one of these children not even a month ago, so her body is depleted, and she must feel exhausted and extremely vulnerable. Add to this the stress of not knowing whether her husband is alive or dead - that is, not knowing whether she's a widow now, or simply another statistic that fell prey to a child masquerading as a man.

He definitely has a lot on his plate, and may also have mental health issues, but it's hard to have much sympathy for him when he "chickens out" at this absolutely crucial time. His wife doesn't have that choice. He's supposed to be there, supporting her...not scaring her to death while he runs off and takes "me time" for himself.

He should thank his lucky stars he married her. Not all women would be able to trust him again after that sort of episode.

Most PhDs I work with wear cut offs, t-shirts and running shoes to the lab every day so telling him to grow up and dress differently shows a total lack of understanding of the scientific community imho

My husband is just a little older than this guy and I am just a little younger. We live in NoVA and are friends with people from a myriad of backgrounds, but mostly "professionals" in the IT field. We all dress like Mr. Buckley! Maybe it's a generational thing, but I think that's a pretty clueless criticism of a guy who is probably not in his right mind (or just made a stupid mistake, which is something that can happen to anyone, even ~*~Manly Adults~*~ with short haircuts and creased trousers). It's like my mother clutching her pearls over my 19-year-old cousin getting a tattoo. Dressing casually is now a slippery slope to being depressed, or not being a good provider? My thoughts are with him and his family and I hope it's only up from here.

ETA: It's entirely true he could just be a jerk doin' jerk thangs, but wearing jeans and sneakers when you're going to class isn't indicative of a person who doesn't understand how to adult properly.

I can't see why everyone is so upset by the comment that criticizes him for his behavior(well, and clothes). I came to post a similar comment, in fact - while I, too, am glad he's okay, he needs to remember who he is and what the obligations he's voluntarily chosen in his life are supposed to mean.

He didn't have to get married...but, he did. Life ceased to be solely about himself at the moment he made that decision.

His wife, who is supposed to be his partner in a marriage he contributes equally to in all ways, has two children that he helped create, and he must know that she's had to take care of them all by herself in his absence. She just had one of these children not even a month ago, so her body is depleted, and she must feel exhausted and extremely vulnerable. Add to this the stress of not knowing whether her husband is alive or dead - that is, not knowing whether she's a widow now, or simply another statistic that fell prey to a child masquerading as a man.

He definitely has a lot on his plate, and may also have mental health issues, but it's hard to have much sympathy for him when he "chickens out" at this absolutely crucial time. His wife doesn't have that choice. He's supposed to be there, supporting her...not scaring her to death while he runs off and takes "me time" for himself.

He should thank his lucky stars he married her. Not all women would be able to trust him again after that sort of episode.

Well, maybe he's just not a good robot.

Nobody's expecting him to be a robot. It is just unnaturally cruel, IMO, to treat your wife like that. The least he could have done is told her, "Look, I need a few days to process everything that's going on, but I want to make sure you're okay before I go."

I'm sure she wouldn't have been particularly happy to hear something like that, but at least she wouldn't have had to go through all this.

Nobody's expecting him to be a robot. It is just unnaturally cruel, IMO, to treat your wife like that. The least he could have done is told her, "Look, I need a few days to process everything that's going on, but I want to make sure you're okay before I go."

I'm sure she wouldn't have been particularly happy to hear something like that, but at least she wouldn't have had to go through all this.

Obviously what he did was motivated by some extreme level of despair. The whole family needs empathy, not judgement.

FOX 5's Sarah Simmons spoke with Buckley's family outside Frederick Memorial Hospital where police brought Buckley after locating him.

"There's been such a united, concerted effort. It's just unbelievable," said Buckley's mother, Loretta.

"Did he say why?" asked Simmons.

"No, we have no information right now. There's just many questions. We are just so relieved to have Lance back to us," Loretta responded.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29016377/buckley-found-alive

Obviously what he did was motivated by some extreme level of despair. The whole family needs empathy, not judgement.

They all need counseling too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. I don't believe their life is going to go on like this didn't happen. This is not over for them, imo.

I will not comment on his actions because I have no idea what prompted him. I am grateful that he is safe and that he did not use the gun on his family or himself. We have all seen that here on WS.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010
Back