VA VA - Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, mom & pediatric nurse, 'involuntary missing,' husband reported her missing Aug 5, Manassas Park, 31 July 2024 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting it all together, I seriously doubt it is a good idea to send the child back to Nepal. Her mom was withstanding the torture to be able to escape the controlling environment. Mamta's parents invested into the education of their only daughter. Does anyone see my point?
Yes, great point. The baby will have brighter future here in the United States. That's what Mamta wanted for her daughter. JMOO

“UVA Health is heartbroken to learn the devastating news that Mamta Kafle Bhatt is presumed deceased,” UVA Health Prince William Medical Center spokesperson Eric Swensen said in a statement to CNN on Friday. “First and foremost, we extend our deepest sympathies and condolences to Mamta’s loved ones, friends and colleagues, and we grieve together with our community and all who knew Mamta.”

A neighbor, Ivy Freedman, told CNN affiliate WUSA9, “The mother wouldn’t leave her baby. Definitely wouldn’t miss her first birthday.”

Community members are making sure Kafle Bhatt’s young daughter isn’t being forgotten in the tragedy.

“The baby is innocent in any circumstances,” a community member, Adrian Pokharel, told WUSA9. “We got to protect her. That’s our baby. That’s our community baby. That’s the way I look at it.”

SA906806.JPG

Neema is in the emergency custody of social services and “in very safe hands right now,” said Holly Wirth, a former colleague of Mamta Bhatt, who worked as a nurse at UVA Prince William Medical Center. Permanent custody will be determined later.

Last edited:
View All Photos

***CONTENT WARNING: This article discusses themes that may be distressing to some readers, discretion is advised.***

Inside the courtroom, prosecutors painted a scene alleging Naresh killed his wife of more than three years in their Heather Court home on or around July 30, before "dragging" the body outside.
Click here to view the PDF file.
"There was evidence in the residence indicating the body was inside the residence and dragged out of the residence," according to text from the court document.
During a search of the home, police said they found pools of blood in the master bedroom that led into the master bathroom and around the bathtub, but no DNA testing has been done.

The defense told the judge that Naresh doesn't have a history of violence and that there isn't enough evidence, nor a confession, to prove his guilt

Last edited:
Naresh Bhatt, who’s charged in connection with his wife Mamta Kafle Bhatt’s disappearance, is set to appear in court for a bond hearing this morning. @7NewsDC

AUG 26, 2024
The husband of a missing, presumed-to-be-dead Manassas Park mother is due back in court Monday for a bond hearing in connection to his wife's disappearance.

Prospectors have accused Naresh Bhatt of murdering Mamta Kafle Bhatt and concealing her body, but so far he is only charged with concealment. ...

Naresh Bhatt is scheduled to appear at the Prince William Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court in Manassas. ... The judge denied Naresh’s release on Friday. He has a preliminary hearing scheduled for October 24.

Last edited:
Yes, great point. The baby will have brighter future here in the United States. That's what Mamta wanted for her daughter. JMOO
Respectfully, we have no way of knowing this. The comments from the parents make it sound like she chose the man she married - so she probably came here for him and not for the opportunities that were available here.

Police visited the couple’s home on August 2 after her co-workers at the UVA Health Prince William Medical Center called for a wellness check on August 1.

I have a question about this line in the CNN article. Is it common for police to not make a wellness check the same day it is requested? Or is it more plausible that her August 1 shift at the hospital was a night shift, and it was close to midnight by the time her absence was notable enough for the coworkers to decide to call the police to check on her?

Has it been clarified if his mother is still in US or did her visa expire? Some wondered who the figure in the background of a video of him at his front door was, maybe it was her? JMOOO. Read the baby and husband featured in some of her Tik Toks, guessing MIL did not? This case is so incredibly sad. Has the date he became unemployed been clarified?

NEW TODAY: Prosecutors revealed the Secret Service came forward w/ new evidence in the case, alleging Naresh Bhatt made these Google searches:“how long to marry after spouse dies” &“what happen debt after spouse dies” These new details shocked Mamta’s friends today @DCNewsNow

Hearing lasted about an hour with both sides presenting their arguments.At a press conference immediately afterwards, friends and supporters of Mamta Kafle Bhatt expressed relief at the judge’s decision @fox5dc

Last edited:
In the article it says they were married in December 2020 but it also says he brought her to the US 4 years ago on July 25 which would be July 2020.
I have a friend from another country, and she married her husband, who was from her country but living in USA, via proxy before she arrived in USA. I don't know if that happened in this case, but perhaps.

jmo

AUG 26, 2024
[...]

The judge denied the request, stating that Naresh is a “flight risk and a danger to the community.” Naresh’s lawyer argued that since Mamta has not been found, there was no reason to hold him without bond, but the court rejected this argument.

[...]

This was Naresh’s second court appearance; his first was on Friday, when Prince William County prosecutors revealed more details about the case. They presented evidence that Naresh sold his Tesla, packed suitcases, and discussed selling his house after his wife’s disappearance, leading authorities to believe he was planning to flee.

[...]

NEW TODAY: Prosecutors revealed the Secret Service came forward w/ new evidence in the case, alleging Naresh Bhatt made these Google searches:“how long to marry after spouse dies” &“what happen debt after spouse dies” These new details shocked Mamta’s friends today @DCNewsNow
And now cue the very obvious Google searches, he's nearly got a full house on his "I'm a murderous idiot" bingo card...jmo.

And now cue the very obvious Google searches, he's nearly got a full house on his "I'm a murderous idiot" bingo card...jmo.
Next we'll find out he googled, "If I'm a jerk, my wife tries to leave me, all her friends hate me, I don't report her missing for days, I tell everyone I'm suffering, and I don't cooperate with LE, will I look suspicious?"
jmo

Walmart trip (for knives) =
Free space.

Another extremely dangerous man.

Absolutely.

I'd add the "Who's going to notice a missing beloved colleague, friend, daughter and mother anyway?" space, asked internally and raised in discussion over a beer, etc., in the firm belief that no one will miss someone you've been victimizing and depersonalizing for far too long.

The inability of killers to fail to grasp that other may yet love those they cannot never fails to astonish me -- and not in a good way.

I call it "The Frazee Premise."

Another awful story, brought to us by another awful partner.

WOW so he made those searches on his work computer in April. Would this be enough to consider the murder premeditated? Also, would love to know when he was let go and if these searches had anything to do with it.

Hearing lasted about an hour with both sides presenting their arguments.At a press conference immediately afterwards, friends and supporters of Mamta Kafle Bhatt expressed relief at the judge’s decision @fox5dc
WOW, how and why is the Secret Service involved? Should this not be FBI ?

This does not appear to fall under their jurisdiction, unless there is something we don't know.

Moo

Last edited:
I have a friend from another country, and she married her husband, who was from her country but living in USA, via proxy before she arrived in USA. I don't know if that happened in this case, but perhaps.

jmo
I am guessing a K-1 (fiancee) visa or something similar that allows you to enter the US to get married. FWIW - whatever entry point - nothing unusual here IMO.

Shades of Chris Watts perhaps? Or this guy was trying to marry for $ or some such. There was an adult in the background in the one interview where he was standing in the doorway of his home. JMOOO. LE reported suitcases and visible passports so maybe the remarry question pertained to a plan outside US. Would also fit with selling car and house IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merythe