VA VA - Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, mom & pediatric nurse, 'involuntary missing,' husband reported her missing Aug 5, Manassas Park, 31 July 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don’t know how this didn’t come out before. I don’t remember seeing a car in the driveway, and they haven’t been interviewed by the media, or mentioned by anyone. It’s really strange.

Hopefully they can offer up something that helps law enforcement in some way.
Maybe the renters are related to him? He doesn’t settle me as a person who would rent to strangers.

She also edited her post to add “for now we will stick to flyers…I will not be posting any event dates until I get the official ok from the police that we are allowed to search”
I'm glad to read that update. I think LE made a clear statement that they would request such help if needed and otherwise it was unwelcome. Getting a conviction is so important. I am not a huge fan of that platform and would prefer the money go to the benefit of the baby rather than to flyers, etc. at this point, but YMMV. MOOO.

It would be very easy for them to find where he sold the Tesla and check it for evidence. I have to believe they did that and that's why they are focusing on the home. If they knew he drove the body somewhere, they wouldn't be back there digging in the yard (in my opinion as a non-LE person).
He sold his Tesla to CarMax

Interview with police chief
^ The MP Police Chief says they’re still waiting on the Tesla data. That makes me so hopeful! (Knock on wood)
Thank you for the link, VAres67.

The Chief was asked if they are working with other agencies, and specifically Loudon County where Mamta's phone pinged. His response was that there's currently not a search in Loudon but they are talking to Loudon County, and they are also talking to Fairfax County.

He goes on to say that they have federal partners they're working with, the FBI, and Customs and Border Patrol. The Secret Service has provided them some emails, as was mentioned in court.

They have possession of the Tesla and this is one of the search warrants they're waiting on. The Chief didn't name Carmax, but said Naresh sold it to a dealership.

They have possession of the Tesla and this is one of the search warrants they're waiting on. The Chief didn't name Carmax, but said Naresh sold it to a dealership.

Police discovered that Bhatt sold his blue Tesla car to Carmax in the days since his wife went missing and spoke to two people about possibly selling the couple's home, according to evidence presented in court.

<snipped & BBM>
"We located additional evidence, but unfortunately, I can’t disclose what they are right now. We are making progress," Chief Lugo told FOX 5 exclusively.

[…]

Police confirmed they have possession of Bhatt's Tesla, which had been sold to a dealership.

"That is one of the search warrants where we are waiting on results. But he did sell the car, and we were able to retrieve it," Chief Lugo said.

AUG 27, 2024
His defense says Naresh Bhatt sold his car and attempted to sell his residence because he had financial issues. Naresh Bhatt had to pay $1,200 in car payments and $6,000 for his mortgage according to the public defender. He also added that the father was dedicated to taking care of his daughter and was not allowed to return to work following the disappearance of his wife.

We haven't heard what types of knives NB bought at Walmart, have we? Just that he bought three & only one has been found in the house, correct?
Correct.
Not enough for a steak set.

The only three pack of knives I've ever bought was kitchen knives, three different sizes.
I've been thinking more along the lines of hunting knives, and the Chantilly Walmart does have a few sets of 3.

Walmart.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back