VA VA - Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, mom & pediatric nurse, 'involuntary missing,' husband reported her missing Aug 5, Manassas Park, 31 July 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

8/28/24

Updated Wed, August 28th 2024 at 5:52 PM

MANASSAS PARK, Va. (7News) — The mother and brother of missing Manassas Park woman Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, have arrived from Nepal after getting an emergency visa, and are reunited with Bhatt's 1-year-old daughter, according to the family's immigration lawyer.

Mamta has been missing since last month, and police officials said she is presumed dead after arresting her husband and charging him with Prohibition Against Concealment of a Dead Body.

ETA: I believe the news 7 link above is blocked on WS because it cites the crowd raising money but you can copy the link to your browser to read/listen to the video.

I can only imagine how bittersweet this is for her family. It is likely they have never held this young babe. But in order to hold her, they have to accept that her mother has been hideously murdered by a man who won't disclose where she is. I am thankful they are here but this young babe doesn't really know them and she must be confused/terrified. I hate the selfishness of this man who destroyed his wife and daughter as well as everyone they touched.

AUG 28, 2O24
Dahal said Bhatt's family members arrived Tuesday and provided the following statement:

We would like to let everyone know that Mamta’s mom and brother has been reunited with Mini Mamta. We request community and media to give them privacy. They will speak up when they feel comfortable. We will not be disclosing their location at this time. They are dealing with unimaginable pain so please be kind to them.

Dahal said one of Bhatt's friends still has custody of the baby at the moment. One of Mamta's friends has set up a [fundraiser] for the child.

8/28/24

Updated Wed, August 28th 2024 at 5:52 PM

MANASSAS PARK, Va. (7News) — The mother and brother of missing Manassas Park woman Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, have arrived from Nepal after getting an emergency visa, and are reunited with Bhatt's 1-year-old daughter, according to the family's immigration lawyer.

Mamta has been missing since last month, and police officials said she is presumed dead after arresting her husband and charging him with Prohibition Against Concealment of a Dead Body.

ETA: I believe the news 7 link above is blocked on WS because it cites the crowd raising money but you can copy the link to your browser to read/listen to the video.

still doesn't work
thanks anyway

AUG 28, 2024
[...]

During a bond hearing this week, prosecutors briefly mentioned that Mamta may have been a victim of domestic violence.

[...]

Prosecutors working on Kafle’s case revealed that she had reached out for help on social media, including Facebook. ...

[...]

"It takes seven to eight times before a victim leaves their home and their abuser, unfortunately. And by the time they are ready to leave, that is the most dangerous time," said Elisa Castillo, director of domestic violence services with ACTS (Action in Community Through Service).

[...]

I can only imagine how bittersweet this is for her family. It is likely they have never held this young babe. But in order to hold her, they have to accept that her mother has been hideously murdered by a man who won't disclose where she is. I am thankful they are here but this young babe doesn't really know them and she must be confused/terrified. I hate the selfishness of this man who destroyed his wife and daughter as well as everyone they touched.
there was a 3 yr old in my neighborhood today having a melt down over wanting his mommy- his father was carrying him and he is usually a pretty smiley child ... a few minutes later his mom arrived and he was fine. I cannot imagine how much this baby is missing mom. maybe she will forget after awhile and re-attach to some other family members but this has to be torture IMO

They have likely seen the baby via video call and interacted and started a relationship. Mamta called her mom daily. MOO. But yes, not the same as holding the baby all the time.

I feel so sorry for her family to have lost their wonderful daughter and for the baby to have lost her mom. Bittersweet indeed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SawYourFace
Back